WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Theater -- London, England -- October 10th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11523)

ravenheart 10-10-2009 04:17 PM

Dream Theater -- London, England -- October 10th, 2009

Progressive Nation Europe
Venue: Wembley Arena

[b]Bigelf[/b] (18:55-19:25)
The Evils of Rock & Roll
Hyrda
Blackball
??
Money Machine

[b]Opeth[/b] (19:45-20:45)
Windowpane
The Lotus Eater
Harlequin Forest
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Hex Omega

[b]Dream Theater[/b] (21:15-22:50)
A Nightmare To Remember (with Mikael Akerfeldt)
The Mirror >
Lie
Jordan Rudess solo >
Prophets of War
Wither
The Dance of Eternity >
Percussive Nation 2009 (four-man drum solo)
Take The Time
-----------------
The Count of Tuscany

DethMaiden 10-10-2009 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;232304]
[b]Bigelf[/b] (18:55-19:25)
[B]The Evils of Rock & Roll[/B]
Hyrda
[B]Blackball[/B]
??
Money Machine

[b]Opeth[/b] (19:45-20:45)
Windowpane
The Lotus Eater
[B]Harlequin Forest[/B]
April Ethereal
[B]Deliverance[/B]
Hex Omega

[b]Dream Theater[/b] (21:15-22:50)
[B]A Nightmare To Remember (with Mikael Akerfeldt)
The Mirror >[/B]
Lie
Jordan Rudess solo >
Prophets of War
Wither
The Dance of Eternity >
Take The Time
-----------------
The Count of Tuscany[/QUOTE]

:drool:

[QUOTE=ravenheart;232304]

[/QUOTE]

Gay.

ravenheart 10-10-2009 04:31 PM

The drum thing was pretty cool (well, once Martin Axenrot got involved anyway), but yeah, it went on for about 10 minutes and really another song would have been better.

DT were excellent, but their set was pretty lame, frankly.

And lol @ highlighting 'Deliverance', which they play constantly, and not 'April Ethereal', which they barely ever play until this tour.

DethMaiden 10-10-2009 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;232307]The drum thing was pretty cool (well, once Martin Axenrot got involved anyway), but yeah, it went on for about 10 minutes and really another song would have been better.

DT were excellent, but their set was pretty lame, frankly.

And lol @ highlighting 'Deliverance', which they play constantly, and not 'April Ethereal', which they barely ever play until this tour.[/QUOTE]

My favorite Opeth song, and one of my favorite songs of all time, period. Can't help it. :tongue:

ravenheart 10-10-2009 04:39 PM

It is pretty amazing. Certainly got the best reception tonight. Although there were a lot of cheers when 'Harlequin Forest' was introduced as well.

Sanitarium78 10-10-2009 06:09 PM

Wow I can just imagine how many people going to the show who were hoping for that 4 man drum solo instead of DT giving them one of their many awesome tunes:D Way to go Dream Theater nice way to connect with your fans who are paying hard earned money to hear you do your stuff and throwing it back in their faces and not caring at all.

They already had a keyboard solo and TDOE so you don't need a drum jam at all. I still love these guys but i'm failing to understand their set choices for this whole tour. They're only doing 90 minutes they really need to learn to manage the time better than this. You can't have 2 solo's and a instramental in such a short period. Is Lebrie's voice getting so bad he can't even go 90 minutes? I know earlier this tour when they did TTT they cut out the second verse because Lebrie's voice can't handle that range anymore. Their set limitations are really becoming apparent now on this tour and you gotta wonder if Lebrie's voice getting worse is the main reason for that now.

ravenheart 10-11-2009 03:20 AM

The other songs they've done on this tour:

As I Am
Metropolis Pt. 1
In The Name of God
Sacrificed Sons
One Last Time
A Rite of Passage
The Spirit Carries On
Hollow Years
Constant Motion
Solitary Shell
Erotomania
Voices
Forsaken
Misunderstood

That's including the US Progressive Nation tour. Some of those they only did once. Pretty gutted, seeing how many 'Train of Thought' songs they've played elsewhere, that we didn't get any last night.

But I totally agree. Their set is shorter than normal by necessity, so pack the songs in. If you want lots of solos and intrumental jams, save them for a 'Evening with' tour when you've got three hours to fit it all in.

And James has spent less and less time on stage as the years have gone on. He sounded great last night, but he's always stomping on a pedal to give his vocals a shit-ton of reverb, which was quite annoying. Although he'd take it off for the louder stuff.

The best DT set I've seen in the five times I've seen them was an 'Evening with' show on the Train of Thought Tour. Three hours with no support and they played a ton of stuff.

Dextrimental 10-11-2009 09:00 AM

I was at this show :D

To be honest, I thought it was awesome, the setlist and the whole show in general. The Drum jam was a bit of fun, and considering I went with two people who're devout Dream Theater fans who loved it, and everyone around me was cheering at it I'd hafta say it was a cool thing. No Train of Though was a bit gay, but considering we got the mirror and take the time I was still really happy.

ravenheart 10-11-2009 02:28 PM

Definitely a great show. But Bigelf and Opeth were the highlights for me. Both much better than DT, although DT still nailed it.

But very poor setlist. 'Prophets of War' and 'Wither' are really quite poor songs. Actually, 'Prophets of War' is just crap. And they treated it far too much like a normal set, when it was shorter and needed more songs.

Probably second best of the three DT shows I've seen this year. Their set at Gods of Metal in Italy was superb, but strangely an almost identical set at Sweden Rock was pretty flat.

Still, pretty glad I didn't bother turning up for Unexpect ;)

And you know I'll be there again next time.

Dextrimental 10-11-2009 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;232411]Definitely a great show. But Bigelf and Opeth were the highlights for me. Both much better than DT, although DT still nailed it.

But very poor setlist. 'Prophets of War' and 'Wither' are really quite poor songs. Actually, 'Prophets of War' is just crap. And they treated it far too much like a normal set, when it was shorter and needed more songs.

Probably second best of the three DT shows I've seen this year. Their set at Gods of Metal in Italy was superb, but strangely an almost identical set at Sweden Rock was pretty flat.

Still, pretty glad I didn't bother turning up for Unexpect ;)

And you know I'll be there again next time.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed bigelf, but didn no their stuff beforehead.. Opeth nailed it (You think im funny? fuck you) and were very awesome.. I agree with DT a bit, Prophets of War was a bad choice off systematic chaos, Wither was deadly though I thought.. The festival setlists were cool, The one at Graspop was quite good, and lively.. Unexpect were awesome I thought :D