WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black Sabbath -- Providence, RI -- August 3rd, 1975 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11522)

ijwthstd 10-10-2009 02:24 PM

Black Sabbath -- Providence, RI -- August 3rd, 1975

KISS

01 Deuce
02 Strutter
03 Hotter Than Hell
04 Firehouse
05 She (with Ace solo)
06 C'Mon and Love Me
07 100,000 Years
08 Black Diamond
-----
09 Cold Gin
10 Rock And Roll All Nite

BLACK SABBATH

Killing Yourself To Live
Hole In The Sky
Snowblind
Symptom Of The Universe
War Pigs
Megalomania
Sabra Cadabra
-Jam-
Sometimes I'm Happy
-Bill Ward solo-
Supernaut
Iron Man
-Jam-
Black Sabbath
Spiral Architect
Embryo/Children Of The Grave
-----
Paranoid

JRA 10-10-2009 02:43 PM

That's a pretty killer Sabbath setlist, but it always annoyed me that they never played "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath."

JuuKun 10-10-2009 04:06 PM

Damn. I would have loved to have seen that. Plus it was in Providence...damn.

But, I agree with JRA. I can't believe they never play "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"

Sanitarium78 10-10-2009 05:46 PM

That's a really good Sabbath set. I would've loved to have seen that. I just did a little checking and it appears that Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath was never played in it's entirerty til 1994:eek: As big as I am on Sabbath I never knew that the song was that rare live. I just firgured during the 70's they played it.

Also, i'm not a big Kiss fan at all but how come almost every set I see even today they always open with Duece and/or Strutter? That seems a bit boring to me

ijwthstd 10-11-2009 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;232318]That's a really good Sabbath set. I would've loved to have seen that. I just did a little checking and it appears that Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath was never played in it's entirerty til 1994:eek: As big as I am on Sabbath I never knew that the song was that rare live. I just firgured during the 70's they played it.

Also, i'm not a big Kiss fan at all but how come almost every set I see even today they always open with Duece and/or Strutter? That seems a bit boring to me[/QUOTE]

It's the opening track on Alive which was recorded the summer of 1975. The current tour is the Alive 35 tour with a lot of songs from Alive. They also opened the reunion tour with it. They also opened a few shows toward the end of the 1988 tour with it. That's about it.

iggus 10-11-2009 08:57 PM

I could have left after the first 4 sabbath tunes and still been freaking out how cool it was.....Hole in the SKy and Killing yourself....wow...when I saw the reunion tour opening night in arizona in 98 they play Killing yourself to live and most of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath...Ozzy can't sing the high parts I assume. but I am sure even if he didn't sing it that high people would still love it..I wouldn't care.....

idrinkwine732 10-11-2009 11:20 PM

If I was there, I would have exploded

jerry1013 10-12-2009 05:11 AM

Killer sets by both bands. That KISS show rescentlly was released into the audio bootleg world...cool show they sound great.

jhdeity 10-12-2009 12:59 PM

Megalomania is my favorite Sabbath song and Symptom and Spiral are in my Top 5. Possibly the best Sabbath setlist I've ever seen.

Any idea if the Sabbath show was taped? I have the Asbury Park show that is similar to this but not as long. I think they used that Megalomania version for the past lives cd

BlackmoreOfBowling 10-12-2009 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=ijwthstd;232292]KISS

01 Deuce
02 Strutter
03 Hotter Than Hell
04 Firehouse
05 She (with Ace solo)
06 C'Mon and Love Me
07 100,000 Years
08 Black Diamond
-----
09 Cold Gin
10 Rock And Roll All Nite

BLACK SABBATH

Killing Yourself To Live
Hole In The Sky
Snowblind
Symptom Of The Universe
War Pigs
Megalomania
Sabra Cadabra
-Jam-
Sometimes I'm Happy
-Bill Ward solo-
Supernaut
Iron Man
-Jam-
Black Sabbath
Spiral Architect
Embryo/Children Of The Grave
-----
Paranoid[/QUOTE]

Ok, what vital organs must I sacrifice to witness a high-caliber set by both of these bands live today?