WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Brisbane, Australia -- October 7th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11502)

The Ancient Mariner 10-08-2009 12:26 PM

Slayer -- Brisbane, Australia -- October 7th, 2009

[B]Wed 7 Oct 09
Brisbane, Australia [/B]

[B][U]Slayer[/U][/B]

World Painted Blood
War Ensemble
Jihad
Born Of Fire
Pyschopathy Red
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts Of War
Hate Worldwide
Disciple
Dead Skin Mask
Hell Awaits
Angel Of Death
South Of Heaven
Raining Blood

Same set as first gig. Just swopped around Born of Fire and Pyschopathy Red

[B][U]Megadeth[/U][/B]

Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Skin Oí My Teeth
Headcrusher
Devilís Island
In My Darkest Hour
Tornado Of Souls
Sleepwalker
Rattlehead
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars/Mechanix

A couple of changes. One less song :mad: but swopped around playing order of Skin, Head and Devil's. Took out She Wolf :party: and Sweating :mad: and put in Darkest Hour :rocker:

I'm gonna enjoy this tour. Need to look out for bootlegs! :horns:

Indestructible 10-08-2009 12:31 PM

Good sets from both. I know Megadeth has better songs but what is wrong with She Wolf

The Ancient Mariner 10-08-2009 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;232035]Good sets from both. I know Megadeth has better songs but what is wrong with She Wolf[/QUOTE]

I'm just not a big fan of it, mate. Like you say, there are better songs that havent been included ... yet!!! ... examples ... Conjuring, Anarchy, Mary Jane, Hook In Mouth, Take No Prisoners, 5 Magics, :rocker: Symphony, Foreclosure, Countdown ... and one or two from Endgame ... :rocker:

Sanitarium78 10-08-2009 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=The Ancient Mariner;232037]I'm just not a big fan of it, mate. Like you say, there are better songs that havent been included ... yet!!! ... examples ... Conjuring, Anarchy, Mary Jane, Hook In Mouth, Take No Prisoners, 5 Magics, :rocker: Symphony, Foreclosure, Countdown ... and one or two from Endgame ... :rocker:[/QUOTE]

They always play Symphony what are you talking about? Take No Prisoners was played every show last tour so i doubt they'll play it this time around. I can't even remember the last time Foreclosure or Countdown were in the set. As for She-Wolf I like the song and don't mind if they play it. It's probably the best song on an otherwise so-so album. If they wanna do something different from that album I think Vortex would be a cool choice.

Let's not get to hard on their song selection yet since they've only done 2 shows so far for this tour and it's a co-headlining show so they're probably not playing as long as they will once they get on their own.

PHUQ 10-08-2009 04:46 PM

I was at the show. I like Slayer alot more, but Megadeth blew them off the stage in my opinion. Slayer's sound was shit, it was mostly drums and bass, and Tom's vocals were a bit shabby too. Having said all that, it was still a good night. :party:

Altmer7989 10-09-2009 07:44 AM

Megadeth need to keep Tornado in the set.

bt11763 10-09-2009 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=Altmer7989;232140]Megadeth need to keep Tornado in the set.[/QUOTE]

this.

i also just realized that symphony hasn't been in there, very strange:confused:

rohan 10-10-2009 01:25 AM

can someone post slayers setlist from their melbourne show?

The Ancient Mariner 10-10-2009 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=rohan;232255]can someone post slayers setlist from their melbourne show?[/QUOTE]

So It Is Done!!! :horns: