WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slayer -- Auckland, New Zealand -- October 5th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11482)

The Ancient Mariner 10-06-2009 01:36 PM

Slayer -- Auckland, New Zealand -- October 5th, 2009

[B][U]Megadeth[/U][/B]

Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead :horns:
Hangar 18
Devil's Island
Skin O' My Teeth :rocker:
Head Crusher
She-Wolf
Sweating Bullets :rocker:
Tornado Of Souls
Sleepwalker
Rattlehead
Symphony of Destruction :rocker:
Peace Sells :horns:
------------------
Holy Wars/Mechanix

[B][U]Slayer[/U][/B]

World Painted Blood
War Ensemble
Jihad :rocker:
Psycopathy Red
Born of Fire
Mandatory Suicide :horns:
Chemical Warfare :rocker:
Ghost of War
Hate Worldwide
Disciple
Dead Skin Mask :horns:
Hell Awaits :horns:
Angel of Death :rocker:
South of Heaven :rocker:
----------------
Raining Blood :rocker:

What an AWESOME opening gig from these two masters of thrash ... Can't wait for the rest of the tour ... these setlists are both pure FUCKIN' METAL :horns:

Indestructible 10-06-2009 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=The Ancient Mariner;231721]
Devil's Island
[/QUOTE]

:horns::horns::horns:

makethemsuffer12 10-06-2009 03:37 PM

OK does anyone else think it's retarded that Slayer are playing more new songs than Megadeth and WPB isn't even out yet (especially since Dave said Endgame is one of the best albums he's done)? Nice overall sets from both, though.

Indestructible 10-06-2009 04:09 PM

Some people might not know the new slayer songs just yet so i wouldnt open with a new one. Still great sets from each.

Nickweiser 10-06-2009 04:33 PM

i find it weird also. But once Megadeth hits the american market, ill bet theyll play a good handful of songs from Endgame.

Indestructible 10-06-2009 04:34 PM

I hope they play endgame. With what the song is about it seems like something people should know

DethMaiden 10-06-2009 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;231752]I hope they play endgame. With what the song is about it seems like something people should know[/QUOTE]

Dude, the lyrics are fantasy, there is no such bill. Do a little reading.

PowerMaiden 10-06-2009 05:10 PM

November 11 th , Bell Center Montreal, can't wait

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Indestructible 10-06-2009 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;231754]Dude, the lyrics are fantasy, there is no such bill. Do a little reading.[/QUOTE]

Im just saying it could be possible to do what endgame talks about. Fantasy or not its still the best song on the album.

Sanitarium78 10-06-2009 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;231737]OK does anyone else think it's retarded that Slayer are playing more new songs than Megadeth and WPB isn't even out yet (especially since Dave said Endgame is one of the best albums he's done)? Nice overall sets from both, though.[/QUOTE]

That is strange but there is another thread about this show and someone mentioned that it had been awhile since Megadeth played there and maybe they wanted to give the fans an oldies set because of that. That is a possibility or maybe they're still trying to workout what new songs will sound good live before they put them into the set.

Also has Endgame been released down there yet? I know different parts of the world get different release dates for stuff.