WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Theater -- Helsinki, Finland -- September 22nd, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11373)

tiong_fi 09-24-2009 03:43 AM

Dream Theater -- Helsinki, Finland -- September 22nd, 2009

First show of the Progressive Nation 2009 European tour. Awesome gigs by Bigelf and Opeth, Dream Theater was kinda boring and dull after them, especially with that setlist.

Bigelf:
???

Opeth:
Windowpane
The Lotus Eater
Reverie/Harlequin Forest
White Cluster
Deliverance
Hex Omega

Reverie/Harlequin Forest, White Cluster and Hex Omega played live for the very first time ever

Dream Theater:
A Nightmare To Remember
A Rite Of Passage
Hollow Years
Erotomania
Voices
Forsaken
As I Am
The Spirit Carries On
---
The Count Of Tuscany

DethMaiden 09-24-2009 05:20 AM

I've never seen them do Reverie/Harlequin Forest and I've seen them five times. Super jealous right now. :hmm:

maidenpriest 09-24-2009 09:08 AM

i would love to hear reverie/harlequin forest. one of my favorite songs by them.

leglessmoof 09-24-2009 11:37 AM

That Opeth setlist is awesome. I'd love to hear Harlequin Forest and Hex Omega. I hope they one more run through the US with that setlist before they record a new album.

I found the Bigelf setlist on the Progressive Nation forum:

The Evils of Rock & Roll
Neuropsychopathic Eye
Pain Killers
Madhatter
Blackball
Disappear
Money Machine

LIVEtoROCK86 09-24-2009 02:23 PM

Wow, killer setlist! I would absolutely love to hear Reverie/Harlequin Forest. I wonder though if they actually played "Reverie" or just went right into Harlequi n Forest.

And that statement is false...they HAVE played White Cluster before. I don't know where you heard that. You can even watch them playing it on You Tube. :nonono:

Sanitarium78 09-24-2009 03:13 PM

At least DT got it half right with putting something off Awake in now they just need to remember to make sure I&W is represented in every set.

Altmer7989 09-25-2009 03:45 AM

fuck I'm going to kill for that Opeth set

but iirc they have done white cluster before

Invictus 09-29-2009 01:17 AM

[QUOTE=LIVEtoROCK86;230102]
And that statement is false...they HAVE played White Cluster before. I don't know where you heard that. You can even watch them playing it on You Tube. [/QUOTE]

Then Mikael forgot it, because he sayed himself that they are going to play it for the first time ever :tongue:

TBM 01-12-2010 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=tiong_fi;230064]First show of the Progressive Nation 2009 European tour. Awesome gigs by Bigelf and Opeth, Dream Theater was kinda boring and dull after them, especially with that setlist.

Bigelf:
???

Opeth:
Windowpane
The Lotus Eater
Reverie/Harlequin Forest
White Cluster
Deliverance
Hex Omega

Reverie/Harlequin Forest, White Cluster and Hex Omega played live for the very first time ever

Dream Theater:
A Nightmare To Remember
A Rite Of Passage
Hollow Years
Erotomania
Voices
Forsaken
As I Am
The Spirit Carries On
---
The Count Of Tuscany[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but I think they played The Spirit Carries On before As I Am. I remember being kinda bored when they played Voices, Forsaken and Spirit (Voices is great but 3 slow songs in a row is not) and when they played As I Am I thought they would do a few more songs and was a bit disappointed when they left the stage. I also think the concert date should be September 23rd, not 22nd.

Oh and by the way: James LaBrie's coat was epic!