WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Indianapolis, IN -- September 17th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11322)

andrew_metalhead 09-17-2009 08:06 PM

Metallica -- Indianapolis, IN -- September 17th, 2009

Source : [url]www.metontour.com[/url]

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
Wherever I May Roam
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc. :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy

JRA 09-17-2009 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_metalhead;229045]Source : [url]www.metontour.com[/url]

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
Wherever I May Roam
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc. :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy[/QUOTE]

no Creeping Death. Meh we didn't miss much.

rjturtle9 09-17-2009 08:41 PM

aside from wherever i may roam, this is one of the best sets i've seen so far!

Fratt 09-18-2009 03:54 AM

Nice to see Sanitarium ! But no Creeping Death nor Fade to Black is sad ...

SerpentineVIVIVI 09-18-2009 04:43 AM

Why the fuck are they playing the same set from the last leg?? Change it up! I know that they change it each night, but it's really just the same songs they rotate, and the DM songs have either got to go or get switched around, seriously. If your gonna mix the set every night, and you did this same EXACT set style last leg, make the rotary songs either the DM songs or totally different songs and make songs like Creeping Death and Ride The Lightning staples.

DethMaiden 09-18-2009 06:10 AM

I've missed like ten chances to see Slayer because I've hated the support bands; you'd better believe I didn't make the effort to go to this because of Lamb of God.

xStructualDefect 09-18-2009 06:17 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;229098]I've missed like ten chances to see Slayer because I've hated the support bands; you'd better believe I didn't make the effort to go to this because of Lamb of God.[/QUOTE]

i don't think any support band should stop anybody from seeing a band. especially if it's an arena or ampitheater tour because pretty much the entire crowd will be there for the headliner anyways. i've had to watch some shitty bands in the past to see the bands i came to see and in the end it was all worth it.

Natrlhi 09-18-2009 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=xStructualDefect;229101]i don't think any support band should stop anybody from seeing a band. especially if it's an arena or ampitheater tour because pretty much the entire crowd will be there for the headliner anyways. i've had to watch some shitty bands in the past to see the bands i came to see and in the end it was all worth it.[/QUOTE]

True, but some people are either financially constrained or transportation / schedule limited, so to make a long journey or take the time or spend the money (especially in this case) to see one band and hate the rest of the ticket is a real deal breaker for some.

Natrlhi 09-18-2009 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=Fratt;229091]Nice to see Sanitarium ! But no Creeping Death nor Fade to Black is sad ...[/QUOTE]

:agree: Exactly.

I was also liking that "Battery" was in regular rotation - but that's missing here as well. :(

Sanitarium78 09-18-2009 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=SerpentineVIVIVI;229092]Why the fuck are they playing the same set from the last leg?? Change it up! I know that they change it each night, but it's really just the same songs they rotate, and the DM songs have either got to go or get switched around, seriously. If your gonna mix the set every night, and you did this same EXACT set style last leg, make the rotary songs either the DM songs or totally different songs and make songs like Creeping Death and Ride The Lightning staples.[/QUOTE]

They're playing the same set format this leg because they're still touring for Death Magnetic. It makes complete sense to me. They've done everything off DM but Unforgiven 3 so I don't really see how rotating the new stuff really does anything at all. There are still about 6 or 7 songs a night that they rotate which is a lot more than a lot of other bands so I don't see the need to complain. This set is actually one of the better balanced ones i've seen so far. Up til last tour Creeping Death used to be played every show so it was a regular for 20 years. It's my favorite song from them and i'd love to see that they do it every night still but I understand them wanting a break from it and rotating it with something else. Because of that we get songs like Damage, RTL, FFWF, Dyers Eve and Blackened. Songs that weren't even regular until the last couple tours. Due to the song rotations sometimes their sets are crappy but this set is hardly anything to complain about.