WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Motörhead -- Washington, DC -- September 8th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11235)

IrritatedTrout 09-10-2009 10:41 AM

Motörhead -- Washington, DC -- September 8th, 2009

Great show! Nashville Pussy can be summed up in one word: BOOBIES!:tongue: The music was ok and the guitar player played the whole set with next to no top on. Good way to start a show. :allan: Reverend Horton Heat was up next and I thought they were pretty awesome. I'd never listened to them before but they were a ton of fun. Loved the biology lesson before "Ain't No Saguaro in Texas". One of the most unique openers I've ever seen.

During the break I looked around behind me and it looks like the show was sold out or atleast very near it.

Motorhead was up next and they, of course, delivered the goods. Lemmy came out (loved the cowboy boots :D) with the usual "We are Motorhead, and we play rock n roll". Sometime around the beginning of the set (concert euphoria has already made me forget exactly when) Lemmy made eye contact and pointed at me. :rocker: Later on, Lemmy mentioned that this was Sorum's first show with the band. I definitly missed Mickey but Matt did a good job. I'm not a Motorhead fanatic and I'm not a drummer so I didn't notice him fuck anything up, his solo was pretty good too.

I caught one of Lemmy's picks at the end of the set! A first for me, I've gotten picks before but got them off the ground (Tony Iommi) or had them handed to me (Paul Masvidal and Glen Tipton) but never caught one in the air. The second I felt that plastic hit my palm I clamped down on it for dear life. Later I found another on the ground but I gave it to a new friend I made at the show.

In conclusion, Motorhead kicked my ass and Lemmy is still God after all these years!

1. Iron Fist
2. Stay Clean
3. Be My Baby
4. Rock Out
5. Metropolis
6. Over The Top
7. One Night Stand
8. I Got Mine
9. The Thousand Names of God
10. Another Perfect Day
11. In The Name of Tragedy
12. Jus Cos You Got The Power
13. Going To Brazil
14. Killed By Death
15. Bomber
-----------------
16. Whorehouse Blues
17. Ace of Spades
18. Overkill

Oh, and merch selection wasn't the best but here is the shirt I picked up.

[IMG]http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/motorhead/roseland2/38.jpg[/IMG]

Natrlhi 09-10-2009 10:56 AM

Nice gig report. Lucky bastard. :D

mankvill 09-10-2009 11:08 AM

2 weeks. :party:

ijwthstd 09-10-2009 11:09 AM

Nice shirt! I want one.

300%_Density 09-10-2009 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;227727]2 weeks. :party:[/QUOTE]

Hell yea 2 weeks!!!!! I think I need that shirt. I've never bought a shirt w/ a smiling sun on it but now I think I need it. :rocker::rocker:

MunicipalWasted 09-11-2009 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;227727]2 weeks. :party:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=300%_Density;227731]Hell yea 2 weeks!!!!! I think I need that shirt. I've never bought a shirt w/ a smiling sun on it but now I think I need it. :rocker::rocker:[/QUOTE]

Metalsetlists meetup?

BTW, Trout- Any non black shirts? Just wondering.

iggus 09-13-2009 06:29 PM

i flew up from Nashville to catch this show as well as the Cult the next night. I really like the 9:30 club so 2 nights in a row was pretty sweet. Motorhead kicked ass and was loud as F*ck..the next night the Cult only had half the PA Motorhead used...pretty funny to see such a huge difference. I got to be on the rail down in front of Lemmy for most of the show until the crowd pushing eventually gets you moved...:hecho:
really happy to see songs I've never seen them do live yet like "Another Perfect Day", "Rock Out", and "I got mine"

IrritatedTrout 09-13-2009 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=MunicipalWasted;227969]BTW, Trout- Any non black shirts? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Nah, all black if I remember right.