WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Inglourious Basterds (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11099)

DethMaiden 08-20-2009 11:40 PM

Inglourious Basterds

Just got back from the midnight showing. Let me play Oscar in a more perfect world: Best Picture. Best Direction. Best Original Screenplay. Best Actor to Brad Pitt.

Best picture of the year unless something takes me by complete surprise, and in my top five all time. Holy shit, see this film.

ChildrenofSodom 08-20-2009 11:47 PM

The only complaint I've heard so far, not my own, was that it was very 'chatty', and there is alot of talking. But this movie is by far one of the best I've ever seen. I doubt it will win Oscars, but it definitely deserves to. Flawless.

[Spoiler Alert]

Seeing Hitler get his face disintegrated by machine gun fire made me weep with patriotism.

DethMaiden 08-21-2009 07:09 AM

I think that's a basically invalid complaint because the talking head scenes were a) extremely tense and never boring and b) full of great dialogue.

Spiral_Slave 08-21-2009 07:15 AM

I thought it was crappy. Waaaaaaay too long and strung out (pointlessly so I might add) and hardly featured the basterds at all compared to the other limp dick story lines, and if I'm not mistaken that's what the movie was about?

SerpentineVIVIVI 08-21-2009 07:34 AM

I'll be seeing this later today, I really am excited to see this, I've been hearing a lot of good things about it already in the 12 hours it's been out haha.

SomewhereInTime72 08-21-2009 08:04 AM

Seeing it tonight. :cool:

ChildrenofSodom 08-21-2009 10:13 AM

I think the talking scenes were not only, as Brad said, very suspenseful and every single one served a purpose to prepare you for the coming action, but they broke up the mindless violence. Don't get me wrong, the violence and fire and blood were all great and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, but if there wasn't that serious dialogue, plotting, and back story, then it would just be another 'bloody' movie.

Div 08-21-2009 12:53 PM

so its a movie about a group of ww2 army rangers who go deep behind enemy lines to take out german officers? i believe that movie was already made under the title The Dirty Dozen.

Div 08-21-2009 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Div;225004]so its a movie about a group of ww2 army rangers who go deep behind enemy lines to take out german officers? i believe that movie was already made under the title The Dirty Dozen.[/QUOTE]

This concept has also been done in multiple video games.

ravenheart 08-21-2009 03:24 PM

Not even going to bother seeing it. The story looks boring as fuck and Tarantino focuses WAY too much on just being stylish and edgy.

People need to stop getting so excited about movies being "unmistakably Tarantino" and other such cliched "he's got his own style" comments. That just means he's got no imagination.

Plus, he's a twat.