WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Aerosmith -- Tulsa, OK -- July 30th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10907)

300%_Density 07-30-2009 10:35 PM

Aerosmith -- Tulsa, OK -- July 30th, 2009

BOK Center

[B]ZZ Top[/B]
01. Got Me Under Pressure
02. Waiting For The Bus
03. Jesus Just Left Chicago
04. Cheap Sunglasses
05. I Need You Tonight
06. Just Got Paid
07. Foxy Lady
08. Gimmie All Your Loving
09. Sharp Dressed Man
10. Legs
11. La Grange
12. Tush

[B]Aerosmith[/B]
01. Eat The Rich
02. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
03. Rag Doll
04. Dream On
05. Walkin' The Dog
06. Last Child
07. Combination
08. Stop Messin' Around :party:
09. Love In An Elevator
10. Cryin'
11. Livin' On The Edge
12. Sweet Emotion
12. Walk This Way
-----------------------------------------
13. Joe Solo W/ Guitar Hero Guitar..... :confused:
14. Train Kept A Rollin'

[B]Notes[/B]
ZZ Top was still solid but the set hasn't really changed at all on this whole tour, and really for that matter really hasn't changed the last 5 other times I've seen them. Did have a pretty amazing stage setup w/ a very cool video screen behind them. First time I really got to see them w/ a really great stage. Was first time I heard "I Need You Tonight" not one of their stronger songs but still something different. Just a very safe setlist from them. Still encourage anyone to see them that never has.

First off it is absolute crap that floor seats are $200 and yet they still have the nerve to charge $40 for concert shirts. For anyone that hasn't went and is going and plans on buying a shirt bring alot of CASH!!! Anyway... I still feel pretty fortunate that I was able to get "Dream On" instead of "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". I even had my dad warned ahead of time just in case. I'm 98% sure this is accurate, I might have left a song out after "Combination" but it wasn't anything that great to begin with. I was super excited that Joe did his "SMA" which I am a huge fan of that song. Everything else was fairly predictable for the most part. Loved hearing "Walk The Dog" & "Last Child" since I have not heard them before. They had an even cooler stage setup w/ incredibly lighting. Can't really describe it, it's easier seen then described. All in all a very enjoyable show. Still bummed about ZZ Top's set but atleast b/c of this website I was forewarned.

eyekantspele 07-30-2009 11:12 PM

I look forward to seeing this show next friday at our stadium :party:

Its gonna be sweet

TonyD 07-30-2009 11:35 PM

I figure major bands can always get away with $40 shirts because parents have to drop the cash on their kid's first show.

deathx88 07-31-2009 01:52 AM

eh fuckin rip off.
i would get a refund it it weren't for zz top.

they advertised the toys in the attic album and we're getting shit songs.
$200 for front row and $40 for a shirt, do these guys really need to charge that much for this shit. i got lawn seats for $55, now thats a rip off especially since they're not playing what they initially said they're going to play.

eat the rich
dream on
combination
train kept a rollin
walkin the dog
sweet emotion
walk this way

the rest is shit.
go zz top for not being such a bunch of assholes and not doing what aerosmith did. fuckin pricks aerosmith are.

on top of that they postponed the tampa show, along with several others, which they never even rescheduled yet. this is the last time i'll ever consider seeing them.

cuntzzzz

300%_Density 07-31-2009 05:05 AM

Sorry not to play buzzkill but the ZZ Top shirts were $40 as well. I think in my irratation I forgot about that small detail.

MetalIsArt 07-31-2009 05:22 AM

[QUOTE=deathx88;222099]eh fuckin rip off.

$200 for front row and $40 for a shirt, do these guys really need to charge that much for this shit. i got lawn seats for $55, now thats a rip off especially since they're not playing what they initially said they're going to play.

eat the rich
dream on
combination
train kept a rollin
walkin the dog
sweet emotion
walk this way

the rest is shit.
go zz top for not being such a bunch of assholes and not doing what aerosmith did. fuckin pricks aerosmith are.

on top of that they postponed the tampa show, along with several others, which they never even rescheduled yet. this is the last time i'll ever consider seeing them.

cuntzzzz[/QUOTE]

Thxzzzz

ijwthstd 07-31-2009 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;222108]Sorry not to play buzzkill but the ZZ Top shirts were $40 as well. I think in my irratation I forgot about that small detail.[/QUOTE]

They probably expect to get paid about as much as Aero does for the shirts. And a lot of times headliners on major tours have clauses that the openers can't undercut them on merch.

deathx88 07-31-2009 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=deathx88;222099]eh fuckin rip off.

eat the rich
dream on
combination
train kept a rollin
walkin the dog
sweet emotion
walk this way

the rest is shit.

cuntzzzz[/QUOTE]

please ignore this post, i was pretty drunk and kinda pissed off.
:tongue:
i do think it's kind of ridiculous what they did to the set list though.

JimmyPage 08-01-2009 08:28 AM

Does Areosmith even play for 90 minutes, it seems like a short playlist. Sometimes I wish the price of the ticket would be determined by the length of the performance. Last fall paid over a hundred clams for AC/DC and they played for 1hr. 47min. geez for that price think you could play for 2 hrs. minimum.

Sanitarium78 08-01-2009 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=JimmyPage;222219]Does Areosmith even play for 90 minutes, it seems like a short playlist. Sometimes I wish the price of the ticket would be determined by the length of the performance. Last fall paid over a hundred clams for AC/DC and they played for 1hr. 47min. geez for that price think you could play for 2 hrs. minimum.[/QUOTE]

AC/DC usually does between an hour 45 and 2 hours. That's about normal for them and considering what a lot of headliners do now with playing 90 mins or less i'll take AC/DC's set length any day. At leas they still do 20 songs a night which you can't say for a lot of bands anymore.