WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Clarkston, MI -- July 22nd, 1995 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10836)

ijwthstd 07-22-2009 12:38 AM

Megadeth -- Clarkston, MI -- July 22nd, 1995

Don't really care for anything post Rust In Peace but there is an awesome pro shot of this show out there. From what I remember, Paranoid was a spontaneous encore (as opposed to the fake pre-planned encore) and Dave mentions this is the best crowd of the tour.

Skin O' My Teeth
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Reckoning Day
Angry Again
A Tout Le Monde
In My Darkest Hour
Train Of Consequences
Sweating Bullets
Symphony Of Destruction
Tornado Of Souls
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Peace Sells
Anarchy In The UK
Paranoid

AnthG 07-22-2009 06:21 AM

This was the tour with Korn as support, was it not?

Sanitarium78 07-22-2009 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=AnthG;220651]This was the tour with Korn as support, was it not?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. I saw them on this tour Fear Factory was the other opener. The only problem is that Korn went 10-15 minutes too long for some reason and it caused Megadeth to cut their set short a few songs which greatly pissed me off. Megadeth still put on a great performance though. Because of the shit Korn pulled that day i was immediately not a fan of theirs. I'm sorry you don't play long and cause Megadeth to cut their set short. It's unforgiveable in my book. Plus their performance was just god awful. Luckily Megadeth saved the day:party:

Indestructible 07-22-2009 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;220687]Yes it was. I saw them on this tour Fear Factory was the other opener. The only problem is that Korn went 10-15 minutes too long for some reason and it caused Megadeth to cut their set short a few songs which greatly pissed me off. Megadeth still put on a great performance though. Because of the shit Korn pulled that day i was immediately not a fan of theirs. I'm sorry you don't play long and cause Megadeth to cut their set short. It's unforgiveable in my book. Plus their performance was just god awful. Luckily Megadeth saved the day:party:[/QUOTE]

That shouldnt be allwoed.
but its megadeth couldnt they of gotten away with playing more songs.

Sanitarium78 07-22-2009 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;220690]That shouldnt be allwoed.
but its megadeth couldnt they of gotten away with playing more songs.[/QUOTE]

Not when the venues have curfews. If a band plays over the curfew i've read before they get fined a rediculous ammounts of money for every minute they go over. Some places may have different rules about that though.

JRA 07-22-2009 01:02 PM

That's as good as it gets for a 90's Megadeth setlist.

AnthG 07-22-2009 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;220687]Yes it was. I saw them on this tour Fear Factory was the other opener. The only problem is that Korn went 10-15 minutes too long for some reason and it caused Megadeth to cut their set short a few songs which greatly pissed me off. Megadeth still put on a great performance though. Because of the shit Korn pulled that day i was immediately not a fan of theirs. I'm sorry you don't play long and cause Megadeth to cut their set short. It's unforgiveable in my book. Plus their performance was just god awful. Luckily Megadeth saved the day:party:[/QUOTE]

That sucks I guess, but being a huge Korn fan i'd love to be able to see them back then before they were big and were all methed out on stage.

ijwthstd 07-22-2009 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=AnthG;220772]That sucks I guess, but being a huge Korn fan i'd love to be able to see them back then before they were big and were all methed out on stage.[/QUOTE]

I saw LAPD in 1990. Seemed like a total Faith No More rip off, but I don't remember much else.

Indestructible 07-22-2009 05:13 PM

I would cut my set ten minutes short if it ment megadeth would get more time.

Sanitarium78 07-22-2009 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;220778]I would cut my set ten minutes short if it ment megadeth would get more time.[/QUOTE]

Not if you're a band trying to make it like Korn was at the time. Korn hit it big just a year or two after this so maybe they played long to try and get people to hear more material. Still it's very disrespectful to the headliners. Megadeth was still very popular then and had cemented their spot as metal legends and Korn just gave a big "Fuck You" to them. People weren't even into Korn at all they were getting bored and people kept saying shit to like "get the fuck off stage" among other very colorful things.