WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   All That Remains -- Chicago, IL -- February 24th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10772)

x-voltage 07-16-2009 12:23 PM

All That Remains -- Chicago, IL -- February 24th, 2008

This concert was supposed to be all that remains, chimaira, divine heresy, and five finger death punch, but five finger cancelled the tour and a band named yakuza took they're place (they sucked ass. they had a horn player).

Yakuza- dont know them and they sucked

Divine Heresy- they were new when i saw them but i know they played bleed the fifth, failed creation, this threat is real, and impossible is nothing. This singer really got the crowd going and there was a sweet wall of death. And Dino walked through the crowd after the show. It was at a house of blues so it was a smaller place and he was getting drinks at the bar.

Chimaira- I'm a huge Chimaira fan now because of this tour. They were absolutely amazing live. Mark Hunter really gets the crowd going, Rob and Matt shredded, Andols was fast and brutal, and i caught one of Jim's picks. Chris is an awesome head banger too. Ever since this tour i have listened to them non stop. But before this tour i only had Resurrection. I think this was the setlists but i forgot a few songs

1. dehumanizing process
2. end it all
3. black heart
4. pure hatred
5. salvation
6. the flame
7. worthless
8. resurrection
9. pure hatred

All That Remains- they put on a great show. Phil was excellent. He let the crowd sing most of the clean vocals though. I shook Oli's hand after the show.

1. The Air that i breathe
2. indictment
3. it dwells in me
4. for salvation
5. we stand
6.six
7. tattered on my sleeve
8. not alone
9. this darkened heart
10. this calling
--------------------
encore: the weak willed

LoveInSlowMotion 07-16-2009 12:24 PM

In retrospect, that tour was one of the last times Light this City toured.

;-;

Elvenking 07-16-2009 12:47 PM

I've never cared for Yakuza much. They play quite a bit of shows around here. Frankly I don't wanna hear 30 seconds of one note comming out of a horn thats 30 decibles louder then the rest of the band.

x-voltage 07-16-2009 12:53 PM

i know, the horn was so loud. and when he went from playing the horn to screaming violently, it was really awkward. no one in the crowd knew what to do, laugh or mosh.

mankvill 07-16-2009 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=LoveInSlowMotion;219634]In retrospect, that tour was one of the last times Light this City toured.

;-;[/QUOTE]

Mehhhh. I saw them. Didn't like 'em.

Elvenking 07-16-2009 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;219651]Mehhhh. I saw them. Didn't like 'em.[/QUOTE]

Remember they <3 thrash

Only if they could even know what real thrash is, I bet you if you gave em some old school assassin or protector they would not know what it was and call it an exodus rip off :)

LoveInSlowMotion 07-16-2009 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;219651]Mehhhh. I saw them. Didn't like 'em.[/QUOTE]

For the most part, they are just ok. But damn, I fucking adore Facing the Thousand. It might very well be my favorite Melodic Death album ever.

mastodon421 07-17-2009 03:45 AM

I loved Light This City. Its a shame they broke up. I remember this tour coming around and me not be able to go and being really pissed about not going. Still havent seen Chimaria live but ATR at Mayhem on the 4th of August so i am pretty stoked.

jhdeity 07-17-2009 05:56 AM

GO FIGHT KILL....ASSASSIN!

Whenever someone references great obscure thrash props need to be delivered. :rocker:

The days when you bought an album based solely on the artwork and song titles. I've listened to Abbatoir and Xentrix this week. Time to bust out Assassin now.

Elvenking 07-17-2009 06:05 AM

Don't forget protector if ya have some!