WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Judas Priest -- Wantaugh, NY -- July 11th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10735)

Sinfulsot 07-12-2009 08:19 PM

Judas Priest -- Wantaugh, NY -- July 11th, 2009

This time i caught Whitesnake, and it looks to be the same setlist as previously posted.

Same for Priest.

I did notice that the music inbetween Whitesnake's set and Priest's set was the same, right down to the War Pigs track that everyone sang to before Priest went on.

I also noticed that NJ crowd was more in unison whether it was singing to War Pigs or by David Coverdale's command then the NY crowd.

Overall, a good couple of days.

the only bad: the traffic to and from tonight's venue, merch prices ($35-40) (motherfucker!!)

SerpentineVIVIVI 07-12-2009 08:55 PM

Just got back from the show, fucking awesome!

Highlights were definatley Freewhell Burning, Rapid Fire, United, Grinder, Steeler, Victim, Diamonds, just nearly everything! Nothing surprising from the Priest :rocker:

Lost my ticket before entering the venue, thank god the purchase booth took my friend's credit card and ID (he bought the tickets) and just printed a new one, otherwise I would have had a very poor night. Overall great night!

nxtVH90 07-12-2009 09:18 PM

I would be the amazing friend Serpentine is referring to. i LOVED the show tonight.

Highlights: Victim, Freewheel, Steeler, You Don't Have To Be Old, Metal Gods, Living After Midnight

There was NOTHING on the set i did not find to be at least great

TonyD 07-12-2009 10:55 PM

Did they play Hell Patrol or Rock Hard Ride Free?

SerpentineVIVIVI 07-13-2009 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;218917]Did they play Hell Patrol or Rock Hard Ride Free?[/QUOTE]

Hell Patrol :fist:

makethemsuffer12 07-13-2009 07:22 AM

Epic show. Victim and You've Got Another Thing Comin' were easily the best songs for me. The Best part was that we (Serpentine, nxtVH90, other friends) bought mezzanine seats, but the mezzanine was closed off to fill up the rest of the venue. So for Shit Fags (well, really Pop Evil, but you get the idea) and Whitesnake we already had better seats than we bought, and for Priest we convenienty found a row of six seats that were pretty much the best seats you could get besides the box seats. All for mezzanine price :D . Also, during You've Got Another Thing Comin', there was this one guy going comepletely batshit crazy. It was hilarious.

Sinfulsot 07-13-2009 11:44 AM

I forgot to mention that Whitesnake is celebrating the 25th anniversary of Slide It In.

The Priest was in their usual glory. Belting out the tunes like they have been since day one. I saw them twice in the event that i don't hear anything off of British Steel, or rather, my preferred tracks off of British Steel. I never thought i'd get to hear Rapid Fire, The Rage, or Steeler live EVER.

nxtVH90 07-13-2009 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;218958]Epic show. Victim and You've Got Another Thing Comin' were easily the best songs for me. The Best part was that we (Serpentine, nxtVH90, other friends) bought mezzanine seats, but the mezzanine was closed off to fill up the rest of the venue. So for Shit Fags (well, really Pop Evil, but you get the idea) and Whitesnake we already had better seats than we bought, and for Priest we convenienty found a row of six seats that were pretty much the best seats you could get besides the box seats. All for mezzanine price :D . Also, during You've Got Another Thing Comin', there was this one guy going comepletely batshit crazy. It was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

They were definately 2 of the best in the set (even though its tough to choose as it is), but my personal favorie of the night was Freewheel Burning. But thats just me. Epic show, indeed. What a bargain we got. Thats mainly how we got lucky enough to miss Pop Evil. Although we did hear them while standing at Willcall, but w/e. Rodrigo, you are without question the luckiest unlucky person i know! But Ian, it got even better when he was running towards you, and the ticket flew away again. Easily one of the best shows i've seen. And now i think it is safe to say that i prefer Priest over every other band in existance.

Sinfulsot 07-16-2009 07:09 AM

I wonder if this thread should be closed and use the other one as the official gig report.

kenpierce 07-20-2009 04:27 PM

I attended and covered the Holmdel, NJ Priest/Whitesnake show and wanted to share the link since I thought many of the site visitors here would enjoy the photos that I snared.

[url]http://piercingmetal.com/wordpress/?p=1695[/url]

We are now Twittering whenever possible from the shows and man does that read back weird LOLOL: [url]www.twitter.com/piercingmetal[/url]

Cheers