WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Clutch -- Cincinnati, OH -- July 9th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10720)

DethMaiden 07-10-2009 08:18 AM

Clutch -- Cincinnati, OH -- July 9th, 2009

Great show, not that you should come to expect anything different out of the best rock n' roll crew on the planet.

Lionize opened. Tim Sult is their guitarist. They were pretty bluesy and tight but I couldn't help but be annoyed when their second to last song's main riff was NOTE-FOR-NOTE the main riff of Pantera's "I'm Broken". It's a badass riff, don't get me wrong, but plagiarism should be sneakier. The people behind me were singing "I'm Broken" over the band. :lol:

Next up were Baroness, second time I've seen them. They were fucking intense and better than the first time I saw them. John Baizley is really starting to look exactly like [URL="http://www.everyjoe.com/nbaobsessed/files/2008/02/pau-gasol.jpg"]Pau Gasol[/URL]. The security guard wouldn't give me the setlist (some other security guard subsequently gave it to someone else, oh well), but here's my best estimation:

Rays on Pinion
The Birthing
Isak
(new song, I think)
Red Sky
Rise
Wanderlust
Grad

Finally, out came Clutch, who blew every mind in the room. It was the fourth time they had done this to me and I was still speechless. See this fucking band if you like rock n' roll and having a good time. P.S.- Opener was weird but they pulled it together.

Who's Been Talking?
The Elephant Riders
Red Horse Rainbow
Abraham Lincoln
Child Of The City
You Can't Stop Progress
Power Player
The Devil and Me
The Yeti
The House That Peterbilt
(In the Wake of the) Swollen Goat
Texan Book of the Dead
The Mob Goes Wild
Profits Of Doom
50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Struck Down
Animal Farm
-----------------
Big News 1
Big News 2
Gravel Road

:rocker:

EDIT: LISTEN UP YOU STINKING MAGGOTS, IT SEEMS YOU JUST DON'T GET IT! WELL I'VE BEEN APPOINTED TO INFORM YA, YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED! YOU WOULD CRY, YOU WOULD SCREAM IF YOU KNEW HALF THE THINGS I'VE SEEN! PLEASE, PLEASE, JUST DO AS I SAY, REPENT AND LEAVE YOUR EVIL WAYS! etc.

HugeRockStar 07-10-2009 08:40 AM

Awesome Clutch setlist, can't wait to finally see them again, its been too long. I hope they play The Yeti when I see them in September.

DethMaiden 07-10-2009 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;218549]Awesome Clutch setlist, can't wait to finally see them again, its been too long. I hope they play The Yeti when I see them in September.[/QUOTE]

As a warning, it's been pretty different live from on record the two times I've seen it. Still awesome, just...different.

HugeRockStar 07-10-2009 08:48 AM

Really? Interesting, it's one of my favorite songs from them.

DethMaiden 07-10-2009 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;218553]Really? Interesting, it's one of my favorite songs from them.[/QUOTE]

They have a habit of jamming stuff out forever, which they always do to the Yeti, and verse 2 and 3 trade places. I dunno why, haha.

Derelict 07-10-2009 09:08 AM

awesome set man, and the opener is the last song i would ever pick to open with

ChildrenofSodom 07-10-2009 09:32 AM

For the record, I was only familar with two of the songs that Clutch played, and I still had an awesome time. Definitely go see them.

SomewhereInTime72 07-10-2009 09:53 AM

Excited for October. :cool:

HugeRockStar 07-10-2009 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;218555]They have a habit of jamming stuff out forever, which they always do to the Yeti, and verse 2 and 3 trade places. I dunno why, haha.[/QUOTE]

Ahh well I have no problem with them jamming out their songs, one of the reasons they're one of my favorite bands!

Natrlhi 07-10-2009 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=Derelict;218556]awesome set man[/QUOTE]
NO
FUCKING
DOUBT.

What a set. Texan Book of the Dead was sorely missing when we saw them last December in Columbus...and then you got Big News I & II and Animal Farm to boot. I truly hate you, DethMaiden, for being there in lieu of me. This fucking marriage thing is killing me, man! :eyes: :D

[QUOTE=Derelict;218556]the opener is the last song i would ever pick to open with[/QUOTE]
Yeah, um...:wtf:

But interesting, though - I guess.