WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Winnipeg, MB -- June 29th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10632)

eyekantspele 06-30-2009 02:47 PM

Megadeth -- Winnipeg, MB -- June 29th, 2009

Slayer was headlining this show but I was there mostly for Megadeth. This was my third time seeing them and they have always put on a great show. I wish they were headlining so they could play longer. I also think the crowd was more into Megadeth than Slayer. I know I sure was.

Setlist:

Sleepwalker
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Skin O' My Teeth
Rattlehead :rocker:
Kick the Chair
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Headcrusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
-----------
Holy Wars ... The Punishment Due

The new song "Headcrusher" is pretty good too.

Sanitarium78 06-30-2009 02:58 PM

It's cool that they're dusting off Rattlehead. But I think Dave should take a lesson from his old buddies in Metallica and mix up the song selection a bit more. It's been the same set for 2 or 3 years now. Maybe throwing in Last Rites, Skull Beneath the Skin, Black Friday or Five magics. Bringing back Take No Prisoners 2 years ago was cool though. I love Megadeth but Dave needs to get a little more variety going in the sets.

mankvill 06-30-2009 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;216913]It's cool that they're dusting off Rattlehead. But I think Dave should take a lesson from his old buddies in Metallica and mix up the song selection a bit more. It's been the same set for 2 or 3 years now. Maybe throwing in Last Rites, Skull Beneath the Skin, Black Friday or Five magics. Bringing back Take No Prisoners 2 years ago was cool though. I love Megadeth but Dave needs to get a little more variety going in the sets.[/QUOTE]

But that's not Christian.

Sanitarium78 06-30-2009 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;216918]But that's not Christian.[/QUOTE]

That's right i forgot about that:D

Indestructible 06-30-2009 06:01 PM

Why would he go christian after rejecting it for so long

Sanitarium78 06-30-2009 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;216980]Why would he go christian after rejecting it for so long[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Dave just got bored after he got clean so he needed something to fill the void. He made the more boring of the two choices I think;)

Indestructible 06-30-2009 06:08 PM

Good set. Hopefully when they headline shows for the new album they will play a little longer.

b1indedbyfear 06-30-2009 06:25 PM

If they keep Rattlehead in the set I'd go see them every chance i got. That is one of my favorite Megadeth songs. Like people have said they need to change the set, but that is enough fo rme to go and I have seen them atleast 10+ times.

andrew_metalhead 06-30-2009 06:31 PM

Slayer and Megadeth co-headlined and played for equal durations in all 4 shows. I was at Vancouver gig and Megadeth played last, but played the same setlist. Glad you enjoyed it. Rattlehead was easily the highlight for me :rocker: :rocker:

TonyD 06-30-2009 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_metalhead;216990]Rattlehead was easily the highlight for me :rocker: :rocker:[/QUOTE]

:rocker: One for the road

Can you say if they played it faster or slower than on the album?