WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Nijmegen, Netherlands -- June 20th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10552)

(sic)&disturbed 06-20-2009 01:19 PM

Metallica -- Nijmegen, Netherlands -- June 20th, 2009

Blackened
Creeping Death
Holier Than Thou
Harvester Of Sorrow
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Judas Kiss
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Stone Cold Crazy
Phantom Lord
Seek and Destroy

Source = metontour.com

Sanitarium78 06-20-2009 02:24 PM

Blackened and Creeping Death the greatest one two opening punch for a concert ever:rocker:

They did Dyers Eve two nights in a row now I believe usually they rotate it with something else. Just get Holier out of there and put in TTTSNB, RTL or Bellz in that spot.

HugeRockStar 06-20-2009 10:38 PM

Weird they're not opening with the 2 Death Magnetic songs anymore. I'm seeing them in the fall 2 nights in a row I hope one of the nights are like this, leaves more for older songs.

MetalIsArt 06-21-2009 01:15 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;215371]Weird they're not opening with the 2 Death Magnetic songs anymore. I'm seeing them in the fall 2 nights in a row I hope one of the nights are like this, leaves more for older songs.[/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of changing your setlist almost every night!

kngdymond 06-21-2009 08:42 AM

these were the same 2 the openers they did at long beach in dec of 1988 when queensryche opened ( operation mindcrime) wish I could remember the rest

Sanitarium78 06-21-2009 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;215371]Weird they're not opening with the 2 Death Magnetic songs anymore. I'm seeing them in the fall 2 nights in a row I hope one of the nights are like this, leaves more for older songs.[/QUOTE]

I think they should rotate BBS and Cyanide with That Was Just Your Life and End Of The Line and rotate Judas, Nightmare and Apocalypse that way everything off the new disc still gets in the set. Maybe they can rotate The Day That Never Comes with The Unforgiven 3.

While the audiences may enjoy the new stuff maybe they weren't responding as well to the new stuff opening the show as the band would've liked so they changed it. Plus you can't beat Blackened and Creeping Death as the openers it's not possible

Metal Maggo 06-21-2009 10:59 AM

Blackened - Creeping Death vs. That Was Just Your Life - The End of the Line

Which opening is better... :D:D:D

HugeRockStar 06-21-2009 11:54 AM

I actually still wouldn't mind seeing them open at least one of my shows with That Was Just Your Life and End of the Line. Good songs. Although I'm happy to see Creeping Death being played often again it's my favorite live song.

HandOfDoom 06-21-2009 02:39 PM

Pretty sweet set. I find that to be a weird spot for Dyers, i think it should finish the set or be an encore.

Sanitarium78 06-21-2009 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=HandOfDoom;215419]Pretty sweet set. I find that to be a weird spot for Dyers, i think it should finish the set or be an encore.[/QUOTE]

Dyers is in what i call the speed spot of the set. They usually rotate it with Fight Fire With Fire, Damage, Battery or Blackened(when it's not the opener). It would make a cool closing song for the set but it seems as if Seek & Destroy is the permanent closer now since they've been closing just about every show with it since 2003 or 2004