WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Machine Head -- Marseille, France -- June 17th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10549)

mikepolar 06-20-2009 07:03 AM

Machine Head -- Marseille, France -- June 17th, 2009

Setlist:
This was a headlining (sold out) offdate in marseille, pretty crazy night. I had to fight to hold on to my barrier spot right in front of Robb.

Imperium
Ten ton hammer
Beautiful morning
Elegy (first time live)
Bulldozer
Slanderous
Seasons Wither :rocker:
The burning red :light:
Halo
Struck a Nerve :horns:

Encore:

Descend the shades of night
Davidian

Also, this was MH's second headlining show in over a year so they played somewhat of a different set. This was the very first time Elegy was played live.
They hadn't played here in Marseille in over 12 years so people were glad to have them back.
This was the first time I'd seen them headline.Last time I saw them was opening for Metallica in Paris.

kevindeets 06-20-2009 08:25 AM

Awesome set. I am jealous.

SerpentineVIVIVI 06-20-2009 08:41 AM

Damn dude, you got Slanderous and Ten Ton Hammer? I can't lie, I'm really jealous. Slanderous is one of my favorite tracks off The Blackening, and they haven't played Ten Ton Hammer for so long!

Hope they come here and do a headlining tour soon.

Indestructible 06-20-2009 09:09 AM

good set.there should be a little more from the blackening. and i thought they band would just act like the burning red and supercharger never exsisted.

I saw them on mayhem last year it was great right up front and the feild was a mosh pit the whole time. best band that was on mayhem08

300%_Density 06-20-2009 12:11 PM

It is really nice to see them finally change it up a little. I figure by this point anyone that has got to see MH on the "Blackening" tour cycle has pretty much heard them do a bunch of songs of the Blackening so atleast they are doing stuff off Supercharger & The Burning Red even though those were far from the best albums atleast it's a little something different. Plus they probably enjoy playing something a little different at this point anyway.

TonyD 06-20-2009 12:34 PM

Hm. This wasn't what I thought they had in mind when they said they were going to pull out a bunch of gems.

Sanitarium78 06-20-2009 02:19 PM

Would love to see these guys headline. Especially if i get to hear them do Descend The Shades Of Night:horns:

andrew_metalhead 06-20-2009 02:32 PM

Seeing them open for Slayer and Megadeth. Gonna be fuckin awesome :rocker:

Leviathan 06-20-2009 03:00 PM

Better then usual. But what is with the neglect towards Burn My Eyes their best album.

mikepolar 06-21-2009 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=Leviathan;215305]Better then usual. But what is with the neglect towards Burn My Eyes their best album.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was hoping they could at least squeeze in 'Old', 'Block' or 'None but my own'.
Anyway Seasons wither and struck a nerve totally kicked ass