WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Summer Movie Marathon (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10528)

ChildrenofSodom 06-16-2009 09:10 PM

Summer Movie Marathon

This summer I'm going to try to read as many books and watch as many movies as I can. Every other night I'm going to the video store, and I need some suggestions. Right now I'm trying to watch more recent comedies, but that isn't an exclusivity. Let me know what movies YOU think I must watch this summer.

So far I've seen:

The Rocker
Paul Blart Mall Cop
The Onion Movie
Knocked Up
40 year old virgin
Get Smart
Semi-Pro
Role Models

DethMaiden 06-16-2009 09:20 PM

So here's my top twenty-five. I know you've seen the majority but I recommend whatever is on here that you've not seen.

The Big Lebowski, Fargo, The Wicker Man, The Shining, Tommy Boy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, V for Vendetta, The Dark Knight, The Exorcist, Big Fish, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Last King of Scotland, Network, Good Night and Good Luck, Gangs of New York, Thank You For Smoking, Casablanca, Becket, Milk, All the President's Men, A Man for All Seasons, Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy

TonyD 06-16-2009 09:21 PM

Pineapple Express
Bubba Ho-Tep - If you like Bruce Campbell and you can find it
The Room - I have only seen clips but it's supposed to be the worst movie ever, not exagerating.

If you haven't seen The Big Lebowski yet, it should be the first in line.
I'm open to suggestions too, and I'll update this when I think of anything else.

powerslave_85 06-16-2009 09:27 PM

Go see Up. And maybe The Hangover too. It wasn't "OMG BEST COMEDY EVER" like some people were saying, but it was still pretty damn funny. Also, rent High Fidelity. Far and away Jack Black's funniest role.

I don't plan on watching a ton of movies this summer, but I am going to try and get through at least Season 7 of The X-Files. I'm almost done with Season 3. I am very excited for Public Enemies and Inglorious Basterds, though.

ChildrenofSodom 06-16-2009 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;214709]So here's my top twenty-five. I know you've seen the majority but I recommend whatever is on here that you've not seen.

The Big Lebowski, Fargo, The Wicker Man, The Shining, Tommy Boy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, V for Vendetta, The Dark Knight, The Exorcist, Big Fish, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Last King of Scotland, Network, Good Night and Good Luck, Gangs of New York, Thank You For Smoking, Casablanca, Becket, Milk, All the President's Men, A Man for All Seasons, Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy[/QUOTE]

I've seen 14 of those.

ChildrenofSodom 06-16-2009 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;214711]

I don't plan on watching a ton of movies this summer, but I am going to try and get through at least Season 7 of The X-Files. I'm almost done with Season 3. I am very excited for Public Enemies and Inglorious Basterds, though.[/QUOTE]

I heard Up was good...and I did see Hangover, and loved it. I think Zack Galifianakis is getting the shaft though, he isn't being given as much credit as the other actors. Oh well.

But I am also excited for PE and IB.

powerslave_85 06-16-2009 09:33 PM

Up! is fucking amazing. I don't think it's the best Pixar movie so far, but it might be the funniest.

ChildrenofSodom 06-16-2009 10:16 PM

So, of the movies I've watched so far this past week, Seth Rogen and Steve Carrell were intentional repeats, but its interesting that Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, Mo Collins, Elizabeth Banks, Leslie Mann, Cedric Yarbrough, Ken Jeong, Matt Walsh (who was also in Be Kind Rewind which I started two days ago but didn't finish), and others are all repeat offenders.

Granted, Judd Apatow was a common denominator. And there can only be so many comedy actors in America.

mankvill 06-17-2009 12:06 AM

Evil Dead 1, 2, Army of Darkness. Although I assume you've seen them already.

Wizzbang11 06-17-2009 12:23 AM

Here are some movies you should watch(at least I enjoy them) but you may have seen a lot of them so I put a bunch:
Reservoir Dogs, Clerks, The Deer Hunter, Full Metal Jacket, American Psycho, Evil Dead II, Taxi Driver, A Clockwork Orange, Day of the Dead (1985), Videodrome, Road Warrior, Apocalypse Now,They Live!, Hot Fuzz, Re-Animator, Escape From New York, Natural Born Killers, Shaun of the Dead, Dead Alive, Bad Taste, Memento, Serpico, The Thing, The Chumscrubber, August Underground's Mordum, JFK, Dog Day Afternoon, Scanners, Fargo, Robocop, Manos The Hands of Fate, Shark Attack III, The Thing, American History X, Drugstore Cowboy