WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Warbringer - Waking Into Nightmares (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10363)

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-27-2009 02:48 PM

Warbringer - Waking Into Nightmares

I thought there first record was quite impressive, and I honestly feel this one was just as good, if not better. The first song released, Severed Reality, is such a great kickback to the old school thrash sound, and I fell in love with it instantly. Since the record came out, favorites have become "Abandoned By Time", "Living In A Whirlwind", and "Shadow From The Tomb". I feel like the mixing/production of the record really was benefical to these guys, for who could do a better job than Gary Holt? (except Andy Sneap, arguably). The fact that they are so young is a testament to just how long these guys will last if it really stays on the track its at, in my opinion. And to see them live, in their prime this young....the things that will come out later! I think its an awesome record worth checking out by any thrash fan.

[IMG]http://www.metalkingdom.net/album/img/d43/23692.jpg[/IMG]

mankvill 05-27-2009 02:52 PM

I'm putting this in the "to-buy" column. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-27-2009 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;212462]I'm putting this in the "to-buy" column. :D[/QUOTE]

:horns:

makethemsuffer12 05-27-2009 03:59 PM

Fucking kickass album. Probably one of the best, if not the best thrash album so far this year.

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-27-2009 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;212469]Fucking kickass album. Probably one of the best, if not the best thrash album so far this year.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think Hordes is a little bit better, but in the end there both amazing. There will be some deadly competition though with Megadeth and Slayer....this is gonna be a good year :D.

Spiral_Slave 05-28-2009 06:57 AM

Really love the album. Jackal and Severed Reality are my favorites. And yeah, I've seen them twice now and they put on a pretty sick live show.:rocker:

Wizzbang11 06-02-2009 07:42 PM

I loved the first album.
I don't ever want to hear this album again. In fact, I'm going to see a local band instead of Warbringer because I know they will play a lot off this album.
"Living in a Whirlwind"?"Nightmare Anatomy"? Really? These are just terrible songs. Jackal wasn't half bad, and the best song on the album is the remake of Road Warrior. It's like someone in their camp decided they needed more metalcore influences. That was a shitty idea.
I'm done with Warbringer, I don't want to ruin them anymore then they are in my mind currently.

I miss War Without End ;(...

ADD 06-02-2009 08:20 PM

Oh they remade Road Warrior? I wonder how bad it must sound now :lol: That's always been my favorite song of theirs since I first heard the EP. Probably cuz of the EPIC Tipton/Downing worship in the break :punk:

powerslave_85 06-02-2009 08:33 PM

Eh. It's pretty good, but the production annoys me. The vocals are way too loud. I want to hear the riffs!

SerpentineVIVIVI 06-03-2009 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Wizzbang11;213023]I loved the first album.
I don't ever want to hear this album again. In fact, I'm going to see a local band instead of Warbringer because I know they will play a lot off this album.
"Living in a Whirlwind"?"Nightmare Anatomy"? Really? These are just terrible songs. Jackal wasn't half bad, and the best song on the album is the remake of Road Warrior. It's like someone in their camp decided they needed more metalcore influences. That was a shitty idea.
I'm done with Warbringer, I don't want to ruin them anymore then they are in my mind currently.

I miss War Without End ;(...[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they got metalcore influences, it's not like they have breakdowns in every song/slowed down an assload. I don't see how the style changed that much from WWE except for production/mixing.