WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Suicide Silence -- Pomona, CA -- May 24th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10350)

xStructualDefect 05-25-2009 09:10 AM

Suicide Silence -- Pomona, CA -- May 24th, 2009

This was part of Spring Breakdown 2009 @ the Glasshouse and Suicide Silence was headlining. As Blood Runs Black were supposed to play before SS but they cancelled a few days prior. I got there a band before SS because i did not want to deal with brocore faggot bands.

Suicide Silence comes on and the crowd is very into to it. Me, my friends, and other metalheads started a few mosh pits where were at. The few circle pits that were going on were fun too. Of course many of the faggot tough guy brocores were in the house mainly for the other bands that have played before. These lameasses stand in the middle of the pit the entire time just to wait for breakdowns so they can throw down, and if its not a breakdown they are standing there looking bored as fuck as if they came to see breakdowns and not the actual band.

Anyways SS put on a great show despite most of its lameass fans. This is probably the only deathcore band I like. Talk shit all you want about them but they are great and fun live.

Lifted
Bludgeoned To Death
The Price Of Beauty
Wake Up
Unanswered
No Time To Bleed
Girl of Glass
Your Creations
Engine #9 (Deftones cover)
No Pity For A Coward

MetalMarkLI 05-25-2009 11:39 AM

Engine no.9 is a great cover. how did the new songs sound?

Metal_Head 05-25-2009 11:42 AM

Awesome set! How is the song No Time to Bleed?

mankvill 05-25-2009 11:42 AM

Newsflash: Suicide Silence is a faggot brocore band. :lol:

300%_Density 05-25-2009 11:59 AM

I don't necessarily hate SS but playing 10 songs on a tour that you're headlining seems pretty weak. I know they aren't playing epic Dream Theater 15 minute songs. If I came their to see them headline I would feel short changed by a short set.

Derelict 05-25-2009 12:16 PM

Ironic that this band played at something called Spring Breakdown

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-25-2009 12:20 PM

I don't mean to troll around or anything, but bands like this just piss me off. Breakdowns in every song, wanna-be death metal vocals, "core" dancers going crazy to these guys...:mad:.

It's like the new nu-metal.

JuuKun 05-25-2009 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;212283]Newsflash: Suicide Silence is a faggot brocore band. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha I didn't want to be the one to say it, but, yeah.

xStructualDefect 05-25-2009 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;212283]Newsflash: Suicide Silence is a faggot brocore band. :lol:[/QUOTE]

you have a point. but im talking about bands who dress like brocore wiggers and act tough. ie Emmure. if you look at SS they look like metalheads and they always demand circle/mosh pits. this band actually gets pissed when there is alot of hardcore dancers.

[QUOTE=Metal_Head;212282]Awesome set! How is the song No Time to Bleed?[/QUOTE] i don't really remembered how it sounded but i remember it sounding good. Mitch did they say this was the first time they have ever played it.

[QUOTE=MetalMarkLI;212281]Engine no.9 is a great cover. how did the new songs sound?[/QUOTE]

they sounded great. the only one that i've heard before the show was Lifted, which in my opinion seems like an improvement for the band. its more melodic, less deathcoreness, less breakdowns, etc.

[QUOTE=SerpentineVIVIVI;212289]I don't mean to troll around or anything, but bands like this just piss me off. Breakdowns in every song, wanna-be death metal vocals, "core" dancers going crazy to these guys...:mad:.

It's like the new nu-metal.[/QUOTE]

i hate this genre of music as much as the next metalhead, but for some reason i like SS. i used to despise them and thought they were just another lame deathcore band with breakdowns, then i saw them live and it changed my mind.

mankvill 05-25-2009 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=xStructualDefect;212298]
i hate this genre of music as much as the next metalhead, but for some reason i like SS. i used to despise them and thought they were just another lame deathcore band with breakdowns, then i saw them live and it changed my mind.[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from. I can appreciate a deathcore band if they're okay live, but all the one's I've seen so far have just been shit with the possible slight exception of Animosity.