WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kreator -- St. Petersburg, FL -- March 11th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10259)

Spiral_Slave 05-12-2009 03:43 PM

Kreator -- St. Petersburg, FL -- March 11th, 2009

First and foremost, fuck The Garage and all of it's employees. Allow me to explain. Doors opened an hour and a half late due to "technical issues." Finally when we were let in Epicurean hit the stage pretty fast and the vocals and one of the guitars cut out about 30 seconds into the first song. So they had to stand around onstage for about 15 minutes while the incompetents who worked The Garage tried to fix it. So they got back going eventually and were only able to play 3 songs due to the time constraint.

Next up was Warbringer, who I was really excited to see. However they had to cut their already shortened set even shorter, and only did three songs. It was really damn annoying, but they kicked ass for those three songs. The set list was...

- Total War
- Severed Reality
- Combat Shock

I didn't pay attention at all to Belphegor, but what I heard didn't impress me. Their singer put on some ridiculous bondage mask for the last song, and I could never understand what he was saying. Then finally it was time for Exodus, who thankfully did not have to cut their set short. They tore it down from start to finish as expected, and didn't have any technical problems. Rob handed me the mic and I sang the entire chorus to "War Is My Sheppard", it was pretty bad ass. The set list was the same that they've been doing this whole tour.

Intro
01. Bonded By Blood
02. Iconoclasm
03. A Lesson In Violence
04. Children Of A Worthless God
05. Piranha
06. Deathamphetamine
07. Blacklist
08. War Is My Sheppard
09. The Toxic Waltz
10. Strike Of The Beast

So finally it was time for Kreator and this about when the shit hit the fan. Kreator came out and halfway through "Hordes Of Chaos" everything goes out. Guitars, vocals, drums, lights, everything. Mille started cussing and throwing up his hands and they left the stage. A huge "KREATOR!" chant started, and Mille came out to address the situation. He said " This place fucking sucks, and we want to play for you guys but if the power goes out again, we're done " so they came back out and started playing "Phobia". As soon as that song ended I guess they had some more problems, I think the drums cut out, and Mille slammed the mic stand and started screaming " TEAR THIS FUCKING PLACE TO THE GROUND SO WE NEVER HAVE TO PLAY HERE AGAIN! EVERYBODY FUCK THIS PLACE UP! " The whole floor turned into a pit and it was pretty intense. They played fine from there on out, but cut quite a few songs including Voices Of The Dead and Amok Run which I REALLY wanted to hear. The set list was as follows.

Intro: Choir Of The Damned (shortened)
01. Hordes Of Chaos (A Necrologue For The Elite) [ Half of it ]
02. Phobia
03. Terrible Certainty
04. Betrayer
05. Enemy Of God
06. Destroy What Destroys You
07. Pleasure To Kill
08. The Patriarch / Violent Revolution
09. Extreme Aggression
10. Coma Of Souls
------------------------------------------------
11. Flag Of Hate
12. Tormentor

mankvill 05-12-2009 03:53 PM

LOL

That's fucking awesome. Sucks that you got so fucking shortchanged on bands, man.

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-12-2009 04:03 PM

That SUCKS bro, missed out on some great stuff!

Badass that Millie commanded a destroying of all the place though :lol:

JRA 05-12-2009 04:09 PM

I have mixed feelings about this: On the one hand, like everyone said, Mille's commanding of destruction sounds like it was fucking awesome, but on the other hand, it also sounds like one of the most unprofessional, irresponsible things I've ever heard. I mean when somebody would scream TEAR THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND, that's pretty much an open invitation for wounded and dead due to trampoling, fires, etc. etc.

At least they had the courtesy to move up Betrayer earlier in the set.

Spiral_Slave 05-12-2009 04:14 PM

Yeah when he started telling everyone to fuck the venue up I'm not gonna lie I started getting a little nervous. I half expected a "RIOT OF VIOLENCE" to break out...:eyes:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 05-12-2009 04:20 PM

sorry you missed out on a third of Kreator's set. They were great when I saw them last week.

snowdevil86 05-12-2009 10:18 PM

this is the second time the garage has sucked ass. the sound totally cut off during destruction's set, as well - about 10 seconds into 'eternal ban', no less. but yea, when mille told everyone to destroy the place, i started backing into a corner - people were pissed off, hot, and the energy from the band could have easily caused a serious riot. did anyone else notice that right after he said, "i want to see the biggest fucking pit this place has ever seen" for coma of souls, there was a tiny weakling little pit for about the first minute of the song? when he looked up it looked like he was a little irritated. as for belphegor, i had a feeling most people would think they were boring. for one, their black/death metal hybrid sound didn't fit well with the all-thrash lineup at all. second, they only play newer songs, which are awesome on cd but are mostly straight blast-beats that don't necessarily translate that well with a largely unfamiliar audience live. if they would just throw 'march of the dead' or 'necrodaemon terrorsathan' in the set, they'd earn a lot more fans at shows. also, helmuth makes some seriously strange faces live, which probably didn't help for those already unfamliiar with their music. i loved them though, and i actually enjoyed their 4-song performance even more than exodus. kreator seemed a little too harsh, seeing as how mille was extremely pissed off and it just didn't seem like he was enjoying playing the music one bit. destruction's gig their was similar - schmier looked like he just wanted to stop playing and get the hell out of the venue. irritating that so many awesome bands are forced to play at such a sweaty shithole. absu's coming soon, and i'm seriously considering just saying fuck it.

snowdevil86 05-12-2009 10:24 PM

forgot to add it, if anyone here cares - belphegor's setlist for the night:

1. bleeding salvation
2. stigma diabolicum
3. lucifer incestus
4. bondage goat zombie

they didn't get a chance to play 'hell's ambassador'...:mad:

snowdevil86 05-12-2009 10:51 PM

sorry, last post on this thread i promise...but i just realized u didn't mention that mille also told everyone in the pit to literally kill each other for 'pleasure to kill'. he opened the song with a story about how a journalist recently asked him if he was serious about telling people to kill each other in the mosh pit. he said that he'd told the journalist no, but then screamed "i lied to that motherfucker!! i AM serious!!" and then in the middle of the song, he screamed "you guys in the pit - kill each other!" pretty fucking intense...

girnny777 05-13-2009 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=snowdevil86;211119]sorry, last post on this thread i promise...but i just realized u didn't mention that mille also told everyone in the pit to literally kill each other for 'pleasure to kill'. he opened the song with a story about how a journalist recently asked him if he was serious about telling people to kill each other in the mosh pit. he said that he'd told the journalist no, but then screamed "i lied to that motherfucker!! i AM serious!!" and then in the middle of the song, he screamed "you guys in the pit - kill each other!" pretty fucking intense...[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's awesome. At the New York show we got a different version.

"You know, people are always asking me if I'm serious when I say things like "Get ready to kill eachother!" And truthfully, I'm not. It's just a way for the fans to get more involved in the music and have a great time at a show. That being said...GET READY TO FUCKING KILL EACHOTHER!!!"