WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tarja -- Hollywood, CA -- May 8th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10250)

metalmilitia54 05-11-2009 01:36 PM

Tarja -- Hollywood, CA -- May 8th, 2009

I don't care what people think about Tarja's solo material, I love it but I still admit Nightwish is better all-over musically with the mastermind of Tuomas Holopainen. I'm still generally a Tarja fan, I love her voice, her stage presence, and she's just the cutest thing to watch on stage! I loved her show, it brought lots of smiles to my face =)

Also got to hear "Nemo" and "Wishmaster" done the "right" way, sorry Anette's not epic enough.

My opinions, again! Setlist went as follows:

Boy And The Ghost
Lost Northern Star
My Little Phoenix
Passion And The Opera
The Seer
Dead Gardens
I Walk Alone (Followed by the crazy amazing drum solo, and fun band jam)
Ciaran's Well
Sing For Me
Nemo
Enough
Minor Heaven (segues into "The Reign)
The Reign
Oasis (Tarja on the keyboard!)
Poison (Alice Cooper cover)
---ENCORE---
Wishmaster
Die Alive
Calling Grace

Altmer7989 05-12-2009 02:31 AM

I don't listen to Tarja's solo shit, but I love Anette's version of all of these. Don't see your problem :)

Elvenking 05-12-2009 03:46 AM

I'm kinda suprised she did not do one maybe two more NW songs. I know shes a solo artist now, but dammit, alot of people that went solo, half of their sets are of the band that got em big. TARJA DO IT!!!!!!!

broncoz 05-12-2009 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=Elvenking;211020]I'm kinda suprised she did not do one maybe two more NW songs. I know shes a solo artist now, but dammit, alot of people that went solo, half of their sets are of the band that got em big. TARJA DO IT!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

She will never be real successful outside of nightwish unless she does her own stuff, so she might as well preform her new stuff to show it off. She can't just rely on being known as "the old nightwish singer" if she wants to have a solo career from here on out, and so far she hasn't impressed me by herself :eyes:.

metalmilitia54 05-12-2009 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Altmer7989;211019]I don't listen to Tarja's solo shit, but I love Anette's version of all of these. Don't see your problem :)[/QUOTE]

=P Hey, I don't have a problem which is why you can't see one haha, I just don't like Anette's versions, I've got my opinions, you've got yours, we've got our biases.
:)

Sanitarium78 05-12-2009 05:44 PM

Anette does an alright job on the old Nightwish tunes but you also gotta keep in mind the songs were written for Traja's voice. Considering that Annette doesn't do to bad but she doesn't do any of those songs better than Tarja

MetalIsArt 05-13-2009 02:16 AM

How was Terrana on drums?

metalmilitia54 05-13-2009 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;211121]How was Terrana on drums?[/QUOTE]

He left me speechless, crazy-ass drummer. I have to say Tarja's songs don't have any crazy out there impressive drumming but before the band jam he played a drum solo and any drummer who can juggle drumsticks while hitting everything cleanly is considered godly in my opinion =) His drum kit sound was amazing too.

MetalIsArt 05-14-2009 12:46 AM

[QUOTE=metalmilitia54;211142]He left me speechless, crazy-ass drummer. I have to say Tarja's songs don't have any crazy out there impressive drumming but before the band jam he played a drum solo and any drummer who can juggle drumsticks while hitting everything cleanly is considered godly in my opinion =) His drum kit sound was amazing too.[/QUOTE]

He really is one of the best. Check out his work with Rage!

metalmilitia54 05-14-2009 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;211182]He really is one of the best. Check out his work with Rage![/QUOTE]

Whoa he's in Rage? I need to re-check them out again, I remember listening to them before but I don't know any of the band members.