WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   DragonForce -- Anaheim, CA -- April 15th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10067)

rjturtle9 04-16-2009 09:28 PM

DragonForce -- Anaheim, CA -- April 15th, 2009

Wow where to start. I got there late so i missed pretty much all of the first band. I got into the venue and found an ok place by the left bar when the guitar player from the band comes out of nowhere right in front of me and plays the final note. then hands the guitar to some kid. that was sooo kool. Their music can suck for all I care, the guitarist is one hell of a nice guy!

The second band, Cynic, was the worst band i have ever seen live. Even Lauren Harris was better than this pile of shit. i thought only one of their songs were decent. Each one sounded the same and were slow as hell. Almost made me forget i was at a metal show. They fail.

DragonForce made up for the shitty opening band. They kicked ass as usual. It was one of the most fun performances i have ever seen. the pit was actually intense unlike the Wiltern show back in November.

[B]DragonForce Set[/B]

Heroes Of Our Time
Operation Ground And Pound
Reasons To Live
Heart Of A Dragon :rocker::rocker:
The Warrior Inside
Key Board/Guitar Solo
Revolution Deathsquad
Soldiers Of The Wasteland
The Last Journey Home
Strike Of The Ninja :rocker::rocker:
Valley Of The Damned
Through The Fire And The Flames

The set was lacking some great songs (Fury Of The Storm, My Spirit Will Go On, Black Fire... etc) But other than that they did a good job picking songs. Overall the Wiltern show was better but the fans at this show were really into it. There was a sad wall of death attempt during the last song. Oh well, we tried haha

b_halperin 04-16-2009 09:36 PM

dammit! im kicking myself for missing this show!!

damn school :(

es156 04-16-2009 09:41 PM

I should probably just go ahead and lock this thread because the Cynic fanboys are going to freak out.

:lol:

mankvill 04-16-2009 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=es156;208336]I should probably just go ahead and lock this thread because the Cynic fanboys are going to freak out.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Totally. :lol:

rjturtle9 04-16-2009 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=es156;208336]I should probably just go ahead and lock this thread because the Cynic fanboys are going to freak out.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Cynic has fanboys???? wow that's a shock

andrew_metalhead 04-16-2009 10:18 PM

woow dude Cynic are a good band!! :eek:

bunghole 04-16-2009 10:32 PM

I didn't know anyone didn't know Cynic had fanboys. I'm not a huge Cynic fan, although Focus was really good. The new one - not a fan of the clean vocals. very much preferred the vocoder.

also, no Black Winter Night or Revelations? lame

Altmer7989 04-17-2009 02:12 AM

Finally, DragonForce caved and played Heart of a Dragon.

IrritatedTrout 04-17-2009 03:05 AM

:eyes:at thread. No further comments really necessary.:allan:

jaysadler2 04-17-2009 04:29 AM

Good set list!

Strike of the ninja!!! Hope they play this one at festivals :blaze: