PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God -- San Jose, CA -- April 4th, 2009

TonyD
04-05-2009, 12:51 AM
God Forbid wasn't terrible, but still a pretty generic metalcore live band. That's all I can say.

I was excited to see Municipal Waste for the first time and they didn't disappoint. They had a quick, high energy set, and they even brought out the Inebriator. It doesn't hurt to be seeing a hardcore/thrash band drunk, either.
I'm guessing their set was the same as previously posted, but this is what I can confirm:
Intro
Sadistic Magician
The Thrashin Of The Christ
Headbanger Face Rip
Mind Eraser
Beer Pressure
Unleash The Bastards
Bangover (plus MW is gonna fuck you up)

This was my third time seeing Bodom, and I have to give them props for saving party time til after the show tonight since both previous performances were pretty sloppy. What didn't change was their sub par set list. Other than that, a good show. Even though they didn't play Billie Jean this time, after getting a good boo when mentioning they played LA last night, Alexi said that the crowd was much crazier, motherfuckers.
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Hellhounds On My Trail
Living Dead Beat
Angels Don't Kill
Bodom Beach Terror
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Downfall

Suicidal Tendencies is one of the bands that get better every time they come around. I couldn't be delivered much better news than "AILD drops, ST is added". Even though they played a short set, 40 minutes of Suicidal is a hell of a lot better than no Suicidal.
You Can't Bring Me Down
Possessed To Skate
Subliminal
War Inside My Head
Cyco Vision
Lost Again
Come Alive
Send Me Your Money
Pledge Your Allegiance

Lamb of God has somewhat of a bad rep with the metal police, if you will. Anyone who sees this tour will be convinced otherwise. If anything they are the Slayer of this generation; a little overrated, but always solid and true to their fans. The sound, lighting and stage was great. The set was heavy on newer stuff (isn't it a given on this site?), but I can't complain because there was only one song IMO that really didn't need to be there.
The Passing
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Hourglass
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Grace
Broken Hands
Laid to Rest
Contractor
Reclamation
Redneck
Black Label

Nickweiser
04-05-2009, 10:17 AM
all i can say is fuck the metal police. Seriously, whats so wrong about having an open mind to music? Let alone who cares if a band is popular or not.

Iron Maiden? Pantera? Slayer? Judas Priest?

all metal bands that are still popular

if anyone is still stuck in their whole "closet band" phase its time you grow the fuck up.

Lamb of God are here to stay and there is nothing you can do about it

mankvill
04-05-2009, 10:32 AM
:cool:

I think I will go to this. Good sets from Municipal Waste and Bodom. Too bad I don't get ST.

Maybe the song they played was Cyco Vision? It's short, and would be good for them only playing 40 minutes (wtf!)

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
What a brutal set, I'm so glad it's filled with Wrath songs, I've seen them 3 times and I want to hear as many new stuff as possible. Fantastic record anyway....:rocker:

Indestructible
04-05-2009, 11:19 AM
whAT Are the metal police

Indestructible
04-05-2009, 11:20 AM
God Forbid wasn't terrible, but still a pretty generic metalcore live band. That's all I can say.

I was excited to see Municipal Waste for the first time and they didn't disappoint. They had a quick, high energy set, and they even brought out the Inebriator. It doesn't hurt to be seeing a hardcore/thrash band drunk, either.
I'm guessing their set was the same as previously posted, but this is what I can confirm:
Intro
Sadistic Magician
The Thrashin Of The Christ
Headbanger Face Rip
Mind Eraser
Beer Pressure
Unleash The Bastards
Bangover (plus MW is gonna fuck you up)

This was my third time seeing Bodom, and I have to give them props for saving party time til after the show tonight since both previous performances were pretty sloppy. What didn't change was their sub par set list. Other than that, a good show. Even though they didn't play Billie Jean this time, after getting a good boo when mentioning they played LA last night, Alexi said that the crowd was much crazier, motherfuckers.
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Hellhounds On My Trail
Living Dead Beat
Angels Don't Kill
Bodom Beach Terror
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Downfall

Suicidal Tendencies is one of the bands that get better every time they come around. I couldn't be delivered much better news than "AILD drops, ST is added". Even though they played a short set, 40 minutes of Suicidal is a hell of a lot better than no Suicidal. One song is missing:
You Can't Bring Me Down
Possessed To Skate
Subliminal
War Inside My Head
Come Alive
Send Me Your Money
Pledge Your Allegiance

Lamb of God has somewhat of a bad rep with the metal police, if you will. Anyone who sees this tour will be convinced otherwise. If anything they are the Slayer of this generation; a little overrated, but always solid and true to their fans. The sound, lighting and stage was great. The set was heavy on newer stuff (isn't it a given on this site?), but I can't complain because there was only one song IMO that really didn't need to be there.
The Passing
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Hourglass
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Grace
Broken Hands
Laid to Rest
Contractor
Reclamation
Redneck
Black Label

good set the only one they dont need is Black label. unless he starts doing the nag songs with the way he growls now

b1indedbyfear
04-05-2009, 12:32 PM
They should never take Black Label out. They need to add more from NAG and ATPB.

b_halperin
04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
good set the only one they dont need is Black label. unless he starts doing the nag songs with the way he growls now

im sure they signed a contract which forbids them to end with any song other than black label. and for good reason. that song is killer live.

mankvill
04-05-2009, 12:50 PM
im sure they signed a contract which forbids them to end with any song other than black label. and for good reason. that song is killer live.

But that's one of the two songs I want to hear by them, and I don't wanna sit through the whole set to see it :(

b_halperin
04-05-2009, 12:54 PM
But that's one of the two songs I want to hear by them, and I don't wanna sit through the whole set to see it :(

wats the other song?

and i think black label works great at the end with the WOD

lakebod0m
04-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Meh...

mankvill
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
wats the other song?

and i think black label works great at the end with the WOD

laid to rest

TonyD
04-05-2009, 03:00 PM
:cool:

I think I will go to this. Good sets from Municipal Waste and Bodom. Too bad I don't get ST.

Maybe the song they played was Cyco Vision? It's short, and would be good for them only playing 40 minutes (wtf!)

I forgot to include Cyco Vision, but there was one other song also.

Indestructible
04-05-2009, 03:54 PM
they should rerecord new american gosple with how he growls now

mankvill
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I forgot to include Cyco Vision, but there was one other song also.

Hmm...

We Are Family?
Lovely?

horrorbiz13
04-05-2009, 06:28 PM
bodom setlists get shittier each time they come to the us... play more hate crew, also add are you dead yet to the list

SilentSoldier144
04-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Agreed, Hatecrew and keep the addition of Bed Of Razors!

TonyD
04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Hmm...

We Are Family?
Lovely?

Definitely not.

Update: It was Lost Again

mankvill
04-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Definitely not.

Update: It was Lost Again

I totally would've never gotten that. But still :fist:

andrew_metalhead
04-05-2009, 10:48 PM
bodom setlists get shittier each time they come to the us... play more hate crew, also add are you dead yet to the list

oh my goodness .. people can't stop complaining .. no matter what thread, what band it is!!
for fuck's sake, they are not even headlining! be happy with whatever songs you get and enjoy the show if you're going to one!! stop bitching, start enjoying!
They always play songs from hate crew when they play a full headlining set. don't they??

LoveInSlowMotion
04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I really hope that this does not mean Vigil and Descending will no longer be rotated in.

MusicDude415
04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
13 days away from this amazing show. Ive never seen any of these bands live. LoG's set looks pretty good. Would like to see Omerta, The Faded Line and Vigil in there. Depending on how this one turns out, I might go to the second Philly show.

:rocker:

TonyD
04-06-2009, 12:01 PM
oh my goodness .. people can't stop complaining .. no matter what thread, what band it is!!
for fuck's sake, they are not even headlining! be happy with whatever songs you get and enjoy the show if you're going to one!! stop bitching, start enjoying!
They always play songs from hate crew when they play a full headlining set. don't they??

I would agree with that with any other band, but I've seen them 3 times and heard a grand total of 11 different songs.

andrew_metalhead
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I would agree with that with any other band, but I've seen them 3 times and heard a grand total of 11 different songs.

hmm same here! saw them thrice and I think around 15 different songs. still great fun though :D

PowerMaiden
04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Agreed, Hatecrew and keep the addition of Bed Of Razors!

yeah too bad about BOR, I was so exited to see it in the headline set

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Indestructible
04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I really hope that this does not mean Vigil and Descending will no longer be rotated in.

who cares they have most of wrath in the set

jarredwvu
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey guys. New to the board. Going to see this show the 21st and was just wondering what time the majority of the crowd start showing up? Don't wanna get stuck in the back but other things prevent me from being there really early. Thanks.

TonyD
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey guys. New to the board. Going to see this show the 21st and was just wondering what time the majority of the crowd start showing up? Don't wanna get stuck in the back but other things prevent me from being there really early. Thanks.

Unless you show up right before the headlining band goes on, you shouldn't have a problem getting reasonably close.