PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Buenos Aires, Argentina -- March 28th, 2009

Butcher of Birth
03-30-2009, 03:46 PM
IRON MAIDEN performed for 42,000 fans on Saturday, March 28 at Velez Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina as part of this year's Quilmes Rock Festival with SEPULTURA, LAUREN HARRIS, O'CONNOR and HORCAS.

01. Aces High
02. Wrathchild
03. 2 Minutes To Midnight
04. Children Of The Damned :drool:
05. Phantom Of The Opera
06. The Trooper
07. Wasted Years
08. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner :rocker:
09. Powerslave
10. Run To The Hills
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden
--Encore--
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do :D
16. Sanctuary

News Coverage of The Band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkDRF6WfAic&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhEeEqwllM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKA4_u0waLw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNQ_jcPjgU&feature=player_embedded

Source: Blabbermouth

TonyD
03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
And America wonders why Bruce hates it here.

Butcher of Birth
03-31-2009, 02:43 PM
And America wonders why Bruce hates it here.

lol Why is that?

nmazon
03-31-2009, 06:41 PM
lol Why is that?

its because they played phantom of the opera and they didnt play that when i saw them last year:eyes:

SirLardsAlot
03-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Fuck I'd love to here POTO live!

Maiden33
03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
This set list is still worse than the old one, and I finally have a totally concrete reason as to why.
The new set list barely even really embraces the "theme" of the Somewhere Back In Time tour. This tour was mainly supposed to focus around Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son, with some other songs from the first 4 albums. It was already silly that they played Fear of the Dark for the fuck of it, but this is just stupid.
Not going to delve into the quality of each song, but the 5 songs that used to be in the set list were The Clairvoyant, Moonchild, Heaven Can Wait, Can I Play With Madness, and Revelations. The 5 songs they replaced them with are Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Sanctuary, The Evil That Men Do, and Children of the Damned. They basically took out 4 songs that are perfectly within the era the tour is themed around, and replaced them with one that they play more frequently than all other 4, and 4 songs the band have played as recently as 2005. This tour has basically become "The Best of Maiden 1980-1992, featuring Powerslave".

JRA
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
This set list is still worse than the old one, and I finally have a totally concrete reason as to why.
The new set list barely even really embraces the "theme" of the Somewhere Back In Time tour. This tour was mainly supposed to focus around Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son, with some other songs from the first 4 albums. It was already silly that they played Fear of the Dark for the fuck of it, but this is just stupid.
Not going to delve into the quality of each song, but the 5 songs that used to be in the set list were The Clairvoyant, Moonchild, Heaven Can Wait, Can I Play With Madness, and Revelations. The 5 songs they replaced them with are Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Sanctuary, The Evil That Men Do, and Children of the Damned. They basically took out 4 songs that are perfectly within the era the tour is themed around, and replaced them with one that they play more frequently than all other 4, and 4 songs the band have played as recently as 2005. This tour has basically become "The Best of Maiden 1980-1992, featuring Powerslave".

This is true, but the tour is really supposed to represent Powerslave, since that's what the DVD was based off of. I do agree with you though.

This basically supports my argument that Maiden have gotten lazy. Both in songwriting and performing. (but at least they aren't downtuning!)

TonyD
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
lol Why is that?

Because in other countries they're a big fuckin' deal.
Here, 90% of the fans will go home saying "What the fuck, they didn't play ___" instead of "Holy shit, they played ___ and ___" etc.

One of the few good points brought up during the first season of That Metal Show was that their new material gets a lot more attention in other countries than it does here.

Generally in America, everyone wants to hear all of the songs off the first Maiden record they bought, what came out when they were in high school, or what the few and far between Maiden fans were listening to when they "killed their girlfriend's albatross" for the first time.

Div
03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
if anyone wants the bootleg check my facebook :D

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Because in other countries they're a big fuckin' deal.
Here, 90% of the fans will go home saying "What the fuck, they didn't play ___" instead of "Holy shit, they played ___ and ___" etc.

One of the few good points brought up during the first season of That Metal Show was that their new material gets a lot more attention in other countries than it does here.

Generally in America, everyone wants to hear all of the songs off the first Maiden record they bought, what came out when they were in high school, or what the few and far between Maiden fans were listening to when they "killed their girlfriend's albatross" for the first time.

I'm already saying Holy Shit to a few of the songs. In the end, I feel a true fan would careless what they played, but rather that they saw them play. That's how I feel about tomorrow atleast. I've been wanting to see Maiden since I 1st heard them, and now I have my chance. But yeah, I can see where you are coming from. But idk how it started at my post haha

TonyD
04-01-2009, 04:12 AM
The videos included. The fans there probably waited longer at the airport than a lot of people would wait outside the venue (not including most of the people on this site).

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 04:15 AM
The videos included. The fans there probably waited longer at the airport than a lot of people would wait outside the venue (not including most of the people on this site).

Ah right! Yeah I guess Americans just don't do that. I know I'm leaving my house at noon and it takes 2hours and 45minutes to get to the Venue, and with Doors at 7pm I'll be there for 5hrs atleast. If I could, I would drive down today and meet them at the Airport, but I have class today, so I'm out haha.

I bet a few people will be there atleast.

IrritatedTrout
04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
^I'll be getting there about the same time as you. Can't fuckin wait.:rocker:

Maiden33
04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
In the end, I feel a true fan would careless what they played, but rather that they saw them play.

I hate when people argue this. Sure, to be honest I'll go see Maiden no matter what they're playing, I just think Maiden love to take the easy way out with their set lists, and this is a perfect example. I've seen Maiden 4 times now, and I've been fortunate enough to see Maiden on two actual album tours (AMOLAD and Dance of Death), so I have managed to see 36 different Maiden songs, which is great. But if I had managed to see them on the Give Me Ed, Early Years, and the second leg of this tour, you really would have seen many of the same songs over and over again, which I think is unfair to the fans, especially when they're paying as much for tickets as Maiden's are.

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I hate when people argue this. Sure, to be honest I'll go see Maiden no matter what they're playing, I just think Maiden love to take the easy way out with their set lists, and this is a perfect example. I've seen Maiden 4 times now, and I've been fortunate enough to see Maiden on two actual album tours (AMOLAD and Dance of Death), so I have managed to see 36 different Maiden songs, which is great. But if I had managed to see them on the Give Me Ed, Early Years, and the second leg of this tour, you really would have seen many of the same songs over and over again, which I think is unfair to the fans, especially when they're paying as much for tickets as Maiden's are.

but $44.50 for Maiden is not that much at all lol. God Knows Metallica makes you shell out more, and even Megadeth makes you drop $35. I was surprised at the cost.

How much was merch btw?

Maiden33
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
but $44.50 for Maiden is not that much at all lol. God Knows Metallica makes you shell out more, and even Megadeth makes you drop $35. I was surprised at the cost.

How much was merch btw?

You got good Maiden tickets for $44.50!?

Every time I've seen them, good (GA pit) tickets were $65 and up. The Izod show in March 2008 came to nearly $100 total, I think they were like $75-80 plus almost $15 of shitty charges.

All Maiden t-shirts are $35. There will be about a dozen different designs, give or take. XXLs will costs an extra $5 ($40 total). I can't say for sure what anything else costs because I only bought t-shirts on this tour. I know they sell Longsleeves, hoodies, jerseys, hats, scarves, beanies, and a few other misc. non-clothing items. Just about everything is considerably over-priced.

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 02:14 PM
yeah My ticket cost 44.50 with all extra charges around $54-55. And thanks for telling me about the merch! Really need to know how much money to bring!

But yeah, the most I've spent on a GA Floor Ticket was at Mayhem Fest, and that was $70.50.

Div
04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
if anyone wants the bootleg check my facebook :D

oops, wrong thread, the bootleg is of the sao paulo show

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
oops, wrong thread, the bootleg is of the sao paulo show

Link please?

Maiden33
04-01-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah My ticket cost 44.50 with all extra charges around $54-55. And thanks for telling me about the merch! Really need to know how much money to bring!

But yeah, the most I've spent on a GA Floor Ticket was at Mayhem Fest, and that was $70.50.

Ah, according to Ticketmaster, the GA Floor tickets for this were $59.50, which makes a bit more sense. I'm actually surprised that they're not more, being the obvious extreme demand for tickets to this.

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Ah, according to Ticketmaster, the GA Floor tickets for this were $59.50, which makes a bit more sense. I'm actually surprised that they're not more, being the obvious extreme demand for tickets to this.

Yeah, but I guess the people in control of prices knew it was a sell out haha. Maybe the world is not as greedy as we think lol.

Maiden33
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, but I guess the people in control of prices knew it was a sell out haha. Maybe the world is not as greedy as we think lol.

Nah, I think it is, haha.

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Nah, I think it is, haha.

haha well damn, I was just trying to be nice hahaha :D:D:D

Div
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Link please?

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4797597/Iron_Maiden_-_The_Biggest_Gig_in_the_World_(Bootleg)(2009)

Butcher of Birth
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4797597/Iron_Maiden_-_The_Biggest_Gig_in_the_World_(Bootleg)(2009)

Thank You! I will Seed! :D

Pretty good Quality. I'd say 7/10. Feels like you are in the middle of the whole place. The Crowd Singing along is awesome. Good post.