Level 5: Insane:

Megadeth- Holy Wars
Children Of Bodom- Towards Dead End
Slayer- Angel Of Death
Dark Angel-Burning Of Sodom
Rush- La Villa Strangiato

Final Boss- face melting finale!!!
Helloween- Halloween

Note, I don't know shit about guitar, so maybe some of the songs in the hard section aren't that difficult and vice versa for the easy section! :eyes:

ADD
03-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Haha that's a pretty sweet list of tunes. This is a hard thread, but I will say that if they're gonna continue with the band-themed ones (Aerosmith, Metallica), then they absolutely need to make a Thin Lizzy one, in which case they should include these songs.....

Solider of Fortune
Jailbreak
Emerald
Opium Trail
Massacre
Still In Love With You
Warrior
Bad Reputation
Southbound
Freedom Song
Wild One
Cowboy Song
Philomena
The Holy War
The Rocker

No Whiskey in the Jar or The Boys Are Back In Town cuz those are already on the Metallica game :D

rjturtle9
03-30-2009, 07:43 PM
there's already a thread like this on the dream setlists forum

SomewhereInTime72
03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
This seems like fun! I wanna make one :D Except unlike real guitar hero, your band actually just progresses very slowly. :tongue:

Beginner Level (location = basement):
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Dir en grey - Machiavellism
Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
Pink Floyd - Hey You
Genesis - Turn It On Again

Easy Level (location = amateur studio):
Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
The Who - My Generation
Bon Jovi -Wild In The Streets
Misfits - Hybrid Moments
AC/DC -What Do You Do For Money Honey

Medium Level (location = house party):
Queensryche - The Whisper
Kamelot - Karma
Megadeth - Set The World Afire
Luna Sea - Jesus
The Chameleons - Don't Fall

Hard Level (location = dive bar):
Frank Zappa - Willie The Pimp
Helloween - Halloween
Tool - Vicarious
Evergrey - A Touch Of Blessing
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Very Hard Level (location = opener at an actual gig):
King Crimson - Elektrik
Judas Priest - One Shot At Glory
King Diamond - At The Graves
Opeth - Ghost Of Perdition
Pain Of Salvation - Beyond The Pale

FINAL BOSS (only headlining show ever):
Symphony X - Smoke And Mirrors (just try getting past that intro on guitar hero)

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Haha that's a pretty sweet list of tunes. This is a hard thread, but I will say that if they're gonna continue with the band-themed ones (Aerosmith, Metallica), then they absolutely need to make a Thin Lizzy one, in which case they should include these songs.....

Solider of Fortune
Jailbreak
Emerald
Opium Trail
Massacre
Still In Love With You
Warrior
Bad Reputation
Southbound
Freedom Song
Wild One
Cowboy Song
Philomena
The Holy War
The Rocker

No Whiskey in the Jar or The Boys Are Back In Town cuz those are already on the Metallica game :D

This is a great idea, and a band truly deserving of a game. However I would have to include Are You Ready, Don't Believe a Word, Waiting For an Alibi, and Do Anything You Want To, and absolutely Cold Sweat.

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Evergrey - A Touch Of Blessing
That song really isn't very difficult at all, I figured out the majority of the solo by ear.

Symphony X - Smoke And Mirrors (just try getting past that intro on guitar hero)

Oh, this would rape so many people. By the way, the intro for that song is totally stolen from Yngwie Malmsteen's Demon Driver.
Oh, and the fact that Inferno or Set the World on Fire hasn't been in a game yet baffles me.

powerslave_85
03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
"Vicarious" on the hard level? Not so much.

This is a cool idea! I'll try to come up with something later.

SomewhereInTime72
03-30-2009, 09:44 PM
That song really isn't very difficult at all, I figured out the majority of the solo by ear.

Yeah, it doesn't sound that hard, but I figured translated into guitar hero, it might be pretty hard (my theory on Smoke + Mirrors, since the intro on guitar I find to not be entirely suicidal.)

Oh, this would rape so many people. By the way, the intro for that song is totally stolen from Yngwie Malmsteen's Demon Driver.
Oh, and the fact that Inferno or Set the World on Fire hasn't been in a game yet baffles me.
Will have to check out the Yngwie song... And SX just aren't popular enough... though I think they're getting there. :eek:

JRA
03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
You know you could probably translate any song on guitar hero to be a pain in the ass within reason. For instance, I doubt any players in real life thought "Bark At The Moon" was difficult to play.

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Alright, I'm going to select 25-30 Maiden songs that I think deserve to be in a Maiden Guitar Hero game. I'm not going to bother putting them into difficulty levels right now. The songs are selected from a combination of their popularity and how generally important I think they are in Maiden's scope of guitar work.

Phantom of the Opera
Transylvania
Ides of March / Wrathchild
22 Acacia Avenue
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Die With Your Boots On
The Trooper
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Powerslave
Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years
Stranger In a Strange Land
Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
The Wicker Man
Brave New World
Wildest Dreams
Different World
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

I so want to include Alexander the Great and Rime of the Ancient Mariner, but I just think that's a little much. I guess the song Iron Maiden is a bit obligatory as well, despite how lame the playing on it is.

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
You know you could probably translate any song on guitar hero to be a pain in the ass within reason. For instance, I doubt any players in real life thought "Bark At The Moon" was difficult to play.

Bark at the Moon certainly isn't easy, mainly just the solos, but it's definitely not simple.

Guitar Hero annoys me because certain things just aren't difficult on Guitar Hero that are difficult on an actual guitar, and more often so, things that aren't difficult on actual guitar will rape good Guitar Hero players.

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Will have to check out the Yngwie song... And SX just aren't popular enough... though I think they're getting there. :eek:

The thing is, you can't tell me popularity is the be-all end-all of inclusion on those games. On every game you always have at least a few songs (mainly bonus material) that isn't very popular.

JRA
03-30-2009, 10:17 PM
HAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 10:21 PM
YOU MISERABLE PIECE OF CRAP!

You apparently didn't read all that closely.

SomewhereInTime72
03-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I would love to play a Maiden guitar hero so baddddd.

TonyD
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
YOU MISERABLE PIECE OF CRAP!

... :eyes:
But yes, I would at least include Killers or Murders in the Rue Morgue

I would love to play a Maiden guitar hero so baddddd.

It's available now exclusively at Guitar Center.
Seriously. Sometimes these games make me sick. They're fun as hell when you're drunk or whatnot, but they get in the way of people actually picking up instruments.
I basically dropped video games all together for a while to start playing, and eventually sold my games and system to put money towards an amp to gig with. I'm really thankful that Guitar Hero came out well after I was past the point of no return.

SomewhereInTime72
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Sometimes these games make me sick. They're fun as hell when you're drunk or whatnot, but they get in the way of people actually picking up instruments.

Nah, I disagree with this. There are basically two kinds of people who like this kind of game - people who are very passionate about video games, and also like music, and people who are very passionate about music and also like video games. The latter type would never let a game get in the way of their musical pursuits, and the former type would never delve too far into learning an instrument regardless of the existence of these games.

Besides, I wouldn't want to jam with most of the Guitar Hero playin' jerks I see, even if they played this shit for real. ;) :tongue:

edit: they're definitely fun drunk though, even though you're pretty much stuck playing on medium :D

Maiden33
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
... :eyes:
But yes, I would at least include Killers or Murders in the Rue Morgue

It's available now exclusively at Guitar Center.
Seriously. Sometimes these games make me sick. They're fun as hell when you're drunk or whatnot, but they get in the way of people actually picking up instruments.
I basically dropped video games all together for a while to start playing, and eventually sold my games and system to put money towards an amp to gig with. I'm really thankful that Guitar Hero came out well after I was past the point of no return.

I thought about including Killers. It probably would've been the next song I put in.

I agree. I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now, and some people that play these games just make me want to vomit. People equating the ability to play 5-colored buttons with the abilities to play the real instrument, not to mention writing, recording, promoting, and all the other business that comes with being a real musician instead of just some disillusioned gamer on a sick trip. There are actually teenagers who are trying to have careers as "professional guitar hero players". It wouldn't upset me nearly as much if most of the people who master these games weren't people who really have next-to-no musical talent and have to try to make it up by mastering a silly game, which measures far more traditional gaming button-pressing skills than actual musical ability.

That being said, I absolutely love playing Rock Band when I'm in the mood and with the right group of friends.