PDA

View Full Version : Pick my birthday present...?

JRA
03-29-2009, 06:12 PM
So I'm torn between quite a few CD's right now...

Death- Spiritual Healing
Bathory- Bathory
Bathory- Blood Fire Death
King Diamond- Them
Possessed- Beyond The Gates
Kreator- Endless Pain
Venom- At War With Satan

Obviously I can't get all of them, and while I'll probably get more than one of them, I'd like a little help in decisions. For those of you who think you know my tastes, a little word or two why you think it would suit me would be nice in addition to voting!

es156
03-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Other...

JRA
03-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Other...

:lol: I might have guessed that response from you.

SomewhereInTime72
03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
These are all good choices, but if you like King Diamond at all, you NEED "Them." :cool:

DethMaiden
03-29-2009, 06:44 PM
GRANDMA WHAT WAS IT LIKE TO BE ON THAT HOLIDAY SITE?

Wizzbang11
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I'd vote Conspiracy, but I'll go with Them.

overkiller
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Damn, tough call.

Not Spiritual Healing, simply because that's the weakest Death album (though still a pretty solid DM record).

Bathory is (obviously) one of my favorite records ever, but I have a feeling you might get too turned off by the "it's just Venom worship!" reaction that a lot of people have (it's not JUST Venom worship, btw).

Blood Fire Death might be a good choice; I know you really like "Enter the Eternal Fire", and BFD has two more epic tracks like that. The tracks in between are absolutely insane thrash madness, so you can't really go wrong there either.

Them is a great record, but I'm usually more inclined to listen to Abigail or Conspiracy, so meh.

Beyond the Gates is a great, great album, but it's no Seven Churches.

Endless Pain is a pretty excellent debut for Kreator, but not their strongest effort.

At War with Satan is also an excellent record, but you need to get Welcome to Hell and Black Metal first, if you don't already have them.

So, I guess my vote is for Blood Fire Death.

P.S. In b4 Them wins

JRA
03-29-2009, 07:24 PM
At War with Satan is also an excellent record, but you need to get Welcome to Hell and Black Metal first, if you don't already have them.

I've had both of those for a while. "Welcome To Hell" was hard to get into, simply because of a poor signal to noise ratio, but I've warmed up to it. Nonetheless, I do like "Black Metal" better.

I also already own "Abagail" One of my favorite metal albums actually.

overkiller
03-29-2009, 07:26 PM
P.P.S. UltraBoris is totally dead on about "Endless Pain" as an album title.

"It also has one of the most simply awesome album titles ever. 'What are you listening to?' ENDLESS PAIN!!!! Doesn't get more Fucking Metal than that."

JRA
03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
P.P.S. UltraBoris is totally dead on about "Endless Pain" as an album title.

"It also has one of the most simply awesome album titles ever. 'What are you listening to?' ENDLESS PAIN!!!! Doesn't get more Fucking Metal than that."

Damn skippy. Ultraboris also doesn't like the "Venom worship" on the first Bathory album, but whatever.

Maiden33
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Apparently I'm "Not allowed to vote in this poll"

JRA
03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Apparently I'm "Not allowed to vote in this poll"

For real? :eyes: Or is that you're way of saying "None of this shit interests me?"

mankvill
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Bathory - Blood Fire Death

by far :fist:

Div
03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
im voting for king diamond, thats a pretty great album. if you like Abigail then this is just as good

Maiden33
03-29-2009, 09:04 PM
For real? :eyes: Or is that you're way of saying "None of this shit interests me?"

Nah, it just wouldn't let me. Now it will. I'm still not voting though because "None of this shit interests me". :D

ADD
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
You'll like Blood Fire Death the best I think :cool:

TonyD
03-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Not Spiritual Healing, simply because that's the weakest Death album (though still a pretty solid DM record).

+1

Indestructible
03-31-2009, 03:19 PM
king diamond them

Spiral_Slave
04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Them. :fist: