03-29-2009, 04:42 PM
"The best, of the best, of the best, SIR". Discuss

SomewhereInTime72
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
http://fizzingbanana.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/lemmy.jpg

:fist:

ravenheart
03-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Better once Phil Campbell joined. The Eddie Clarke stuff is very boring IMO.

TonyD
03-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Better once Phil Campbell joined. The Eddie Clarke stuff is very boring IMO.

:nonono:

ravenheart
03-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Same riffs over and over again. At least Phil can write different ones.

DethMaiden
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't like them. I was really bored by them live. I don't understand their place in the hallowed halls of metal, either. There were faster bands, and obviously better ones.

mankvill
03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
One of the only bands I can say "Hey, that's Speed Metal" about.

:eyes:

JRA
03-29-2009, 05:55 PM
"The best, of the best, of the best, SIR". Discuss

You forgot "with honors." Make that mistake again, and Will Smith will come to your house and pimp slap your ass (and then Carlton will do the Carlton dance over your wounded body). :money:

But yes, Lemmy and pals. They decided to take some speed to help out with a "56 show in 58 days" tour, and thus thrash metal was born.

I also think Lemmy is underrated not only as a lyricist ("your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown" :drool:) but as a vocalist. Alot of people were doing the whole "scream as high as you can" schtick, but Lemmy kept it within the...erm...masculine range. He sounds like a rugged English sailor drunk at the bar.

I also like both Fast Eddie and Campbell eras (though I wish Campbell would play those melodically genius solos he comes up with in the studio live), and anybody who says Motorhead should have stopped with Ace Of Spades is clearly high on more drugs than Lemmy's ever been on.

Also "No Sleep Til Hammersmith" is a near-flawless live album (the one flaw being that piece of shit song "Metropolis" which they continue to play live to this day :mad:).

ADD
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
I also think Lemmy is underrated not only as a lyricist ("your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown" :drool:) but as a vocalist. Alot of people were doing the whole "scream as high as you can" schtick, but Lemmy kept it within the...erm...masculine range. He sounds like a rugged English sailor drunk at the bar.

I also like both Fast Eddie and Campbell eras (though I wish Campbell would play those melodically genius solos he comes up with in the studio live), and anybody who says Motorhead should have stopped with Ace Of Spades is clearly high on more drugs than Lemmy's ever been on.

Also "No Sleep Til Hammersmith" is a near-flawless live album (the one flaw being that piece of shit song "Metropolis" which they continue to play live to this day :mad:).

I endorse this message :cool:

ravenheart
03-30-2009, 06:44 AM
I'd rather they played Metropolis from the old stuff than things like Live To Win.

JRA
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Here's my top 10 Motorhead songs:

1. Killed By Death
2. Orgasmatron
3. Love Me Like A Reptile
4. Ace Of Spades
5. Bomber
6. Overkill
7. I'm So Bad Baby I Don't Care
8. Overnight Sensation
9. In The Name Of Tragedy