PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2013-2014

Pages : 1 2 [3]

300%_Density
03-08-2014, 02:54 PM
As much as I hate the Yankees I don't think they'll end up in 4th.

Who do they have to drive in runs? Texiaria who might play what 60-70 games? I love Beltran (as a Cardinal fan) but I'm skeptical he averages 28 HR a year like he did in STL. McAnn has a little pop but he's about a 65-80 RBI guy at this point. They have no power anywhere. Pitching is average, maybe better depending on Japanese guy. Too many old guys, too many ifs. I think the O's have a better team. They have a lot of young guys who can drive in runs.

AnthG
03-08-2014, 06:28 PM
You always have to take the right field porch at Yankee Stadium into effect, for Left handed and switch hitters. And 80 RBIs for a catcher? I'd take that. Plus who did McCann have to drive in in Atlanta besides Freddie Freeman? BJ Upton who hit like .150? Dan Uggla who strikes out 30 times a week?

300%_Density
03-08-2014, 08:01 PM
You always have to take the right field porch at Yankee Stadium into effect, for Left handed and switch hitters. And 80 RBIs for a catcher? I'd take that. Plus who did McCann have to drive in in Atlanta besides Freddie Freeman? BJ Upton who hit like .150? Dan Uggla who strikes out 30 times a week?

The 57 & 67 he's driven in the last 2 years are probably going to be more realistic for a catcher who's been hurt the last 2 years than it is to expect him to drive in 80. Which is good for a catcher but if one of your better hitters biggest upside is 80 RBIs you've got problems. The biggest run producer in the OF is between Ellsbury & Soriano. If your big hitters in the OF are between them you are pretty screwed. If this is 2007 or 08 this would be 100 win team. No way they're .500. If they finish 3rd they should be damn grateful.

AnthG
03-08-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't think they're going to be a 100-win team either, but given how injured the were last season and still managed to win 85 games, I'd say they have a chance to be better since, on paper at least, they're better this year than they were last year with the injuries. I'd say them finishing under .500 is wishful thinking.

I'd love for you to be right, being a Red Sox fan. I've just learned never to underestimate any team. Everyone had the Red sox in 4th or 5th place last year when they made their predictions, and they won the world series. That and everyone around Toronto was blowing their load over the Jays and the offseason moves they had made.

Basically, the AL East is ridiculous.

300%_Density
03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I don't think they're going to be a 100-win team either, but given how injured the were last season and still managed to win 85 games, I'd say they have a chance to be better since, on paper at least, they're better this year than they were last year with the injuries. I'd say them finishing under .500 is wishful thinking.

I'd love for you to be right, being a Red Sox fan. I've just learned never to underestimate any team. Everyone had the Red sox in 4th or 5th place last year when they made their predictions, and they won the world series. That and everyone around Toronto was blowing their load over the Jays and the offseason moves they had made.

Basically, the AL East is ridiculous.

The reason why they are usually hurt is they have guys who are fragile or mid to late 30s. Obviously injuries get everyone but if you've got a bunch of old guys those odds grow exponentially.

AnthG
03-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm just saying the team they had last year that played was far worse then what they have going this year. It'll be a battle for them but to predict they won't even be .500 is stretching. But anything can happen.

maidenpriest
03-08-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm nervous for my D-backs season. I think we got good bullpen help with Addison Reed but I think its all a matter of consistency. We have the potential with Goldschmidt, Hill and Prado, and if Corbin can have a strong sophomore year, and maybe some help from McCarthy, Miley and Bradley if they decide to call him up, we can contend for the wild card.

I don't like the Yankees, but in my honest opinion, I agree with the Yankees being in 4th. I think Tanaka will lead that pitching staff by end of the year, but that team has been in decline for a couple years. Sabathia isn't who he was, and the rest of their team are all getting old. I doubt Ellsbury is going to stay healthy for an entire season.

AnthG
03-19-2014, 11:02 AM
FANTASY DRAFT TONIGHT!!

I don't know why i'm so excited, especially since I do the same thing every year and just do a free league on CBS Sports with 9 other strangers. It is a good time to refresh on who was good and shitty last year, and remind myself of injury updates.

DisposableJustice
03-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Random shit: The Mets and Blue Jays played in Montreal, the 10 year mark of the Expos leaving town; it says they are trying to stir up interest in bringing back a team

Good luck with that.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=340328114

AnthG
03-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Fuck Montreal. They didn't show up to the games for the last 5 years that team was there. They don't deserve a team, plain and simple.

300%_Density
03-29-2014, 09:36 AM
If MLB was stupid enough to grant Tampa & Miami baseball teams, they could put a team back in Montreal ( who in their defense did at one point draw very very well, unlike the other 2) it still wouldn't be the worst idea for MLB.

AnthG
03-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Past mistakes and failures don't excuse future potential failures. I won't disagree about the situations in Tampa and Miami but just because you have other bad situations doesn't mean you should use that as an excuse for having another similar situation somewhere else. It's like catching a murderer and not punishing him because a murderer last week wasn't caught. The people in Montreal made it very clear they didn't want baseball there. If they really cared, they would have gone to the fucking games. I'm sure they were drawing well at one point...in 1994. Here are the average attendance numbers for Expos games from 2001-2004 (Couldn't find anything earlier):

2001: 7,647
2002: 9,048
2003: 12,662
2004: 9,356

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2004 (Just use the year dropdown to look at different years)

That's just fucking awful. And when you combine that with the fact that Expos tickets were ridiculously cheap, those numbers are even more disgusting. They were even semi-competitive in 2002 and 2003, finishing over .500 both years and actually finishing 2nd in the NL East in 2002. The Marlins had a firesale last offseason and were basically fielding a Triple-A team the entire year, and even they still managed to draw 19,000 people a game, which is more than half of their stadium. The situation in Tampa is far less excusable given how competitive they've been over the last 6 years (as well as benefiting from games against the Yankees and Red Sox which inflate their attendance numbers), but even they manage to pull 18,000/game to their middle-of-buttfuck-nowhere ball park. Montreal doesn't deserve shit, and quite frankly, don't want shit, or need shit. They have the Habs' 24 stanley cups, a rich Death Metal history, the best poutine in Canada, and a drinking age of 18. Let 'em be happy with that.

It's the same thing with people saying there should be an NBA team in Vancouver, or an NFL team in Los Angeles. Been there, done that, and both instances failed. In the case of the NFL team in LA, it failed twice.

300%_Density
03-29-2014, 10:07 PM
I will attempt to poke some holes in that logic or atleast bring up these points. From '79-83 they averaged 26k, 27k, 28k, 28k & 28k per season. They won 95 games in '79 & were either in the playoffs or in contention those years. When they were successful the people came (which applies to lots of places), '94 was a great team & they drew decent enough (22,400/ GM, which as an avg was only 600,000 less than MLB avg). While they were in a shitty place to play baseball at that.

The final death knell for this organization has a common denominator, in '99 they were owned by Jeffery fuckin Laurie. The bid for a new downtown park failed & even in 2000 blew a deal that kept Expos off English radio & off of television. The absurdity, that you can live in a huge metro city that has a MLB team and if you only speak English you can't listen to it on radio or find it on tv? Never been to canada so I know you'll have an idea w/ English speakers vs French speakers. You had an asshole owner (knowing now what we do) who failed at a new stadium & the media required plus a stadium where ceiling tiles would sometimes fall & then deciding to play home games in San Juan, I think fans can be blamed to an extent. But what did ownership do to keep their young stars or even their fans? Exception of TB, put a great product on the field & people show up. The Twins who really have no hope, no recent playoff success, crappy home game weather first month or 2 & they have had 2 million plus last 11 years, doing over 3 million first 2 seasons at Target Field.

A downtown stadium would have saved them in my opinion & they'd still be in Montreal now. If (huge if) MLB thought of expansion, my wish would be to contract Miami & Tampa & go to Montreal. Vegas, Charlotte, those areas that were talked about are not baseball cities. Thx to the union contraction won't ever happen. New stadium & competent owner and they'll succeed again.

Miami & TB just don't work because those are more transient cities. A lot of those are retiree areas (mostly TB) where the older people are usually from north/northeast areas who already prefer other teams. Plus Tampa area is a huge Yankee area thanks to spring training & Steinbrenner has his name everywhere down there.

Love the discussion. I could go on all day on baseball.

AnthG
03-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Oh, it's not just the fans' fault for the situation with the Expos. Jeffrey Loria is a disgusting owner as well (he's also responsible for the situation with the Marlins last year and the fire sale they had). But i'm saying the fans could have done more with supporting their team in those years. I'm not saying it necessarily would have saved the team in Montreal, but for me it definitely would be more of a reason to at least consider a team in Montreal again. This isn't like the situation with the Seattle Sonics where they were still getting good attendance but had an owner that moved the team after buying them under false pretenses. I had actually totally forgotten about some home games being played in San Juan. But was that caused by poor attendance? Or was that for some other business reason that may in turn have caused poor attendance in Montreal? (In a "You're not here all the time, we won't see you when you are here" kind of attitude).

As for game distribution, I've never lived in Quebec but I know in 2003-2004 some Expos games would be shown on The Score (Now Sportsnet 360) occasionally and they had a bit of a deal with them. The Score, while not as popular as TSN or the Sportsnet regional stations, was still a National channel, so they had some exposure that way.

Yes, most sports towns are filled with bandwagon fans who only show up when the teams are doing well and go away when they aren't. But Montreal was on a whole other stratusphere with that, as judged by those attendance numbers. Even the numbers you pulled for when they were in playoff contention, while not terrible, aren't necessarily great either. In fact that 22,000 number in 1994 when they were the best team in baseball before the strike sticks out quite a bit. You could only get 22,000 people to your games, less than half your seating capacity, when you had the best record in baseball? That sucks.

So yes, fans aren't the only ones to blame. And again, I'm not naive and saying that fans showing up to the games would have saved the team. But it would definitely help me feel more sympathetic to their plight. And to be honest, over the last few days when this was being talked about with the Jays/Mets games taking place there, is most of that interest in a baseball team there even coming from Montreal? It seems like that's just something that's being discussed out loud amongst fans in general.

DisposableJustice
03-31-2014, 10:04 AM
With opening day in full swing, I was watching a little but of Cubs-Pirates while i had lunch and seeing the stadium shots (great looking ballpark, Pittsburgh) I came up with a bucket list of ballparks I would like to see before I croak.

Note that I am not a huge baseball fan but I think part of the charm of baseball is the ballpark experience; before I begin here are the parks I have been to

1) Coors Field Denver, CO- of course my hometown Rockies play here. Such a great place to go and watch baseball with great views and a great building design even when the Rockies suck

2) Mile High Stadium Denver, CO- this was back in 1994 before Coors Field was built, all I remember was it was hot as hell but the Stadium was packed for the second season of Major League Baseball in Denver, so there were about 65K+ people there

3) Petco Park San Diego, CA- Visited a family friend with my dad and caught a Padres game; another great park with nice views of San Diego

4) Wrigley Field Chicago, IL- Been twice: in 2006 and 2012; this place needs no introduction as one of the historic ballparks in North America]

5) Chase Field Phoenix, AZ- My dad and came down for spring training and took a tour of the place in 2003

and now my MLB ballpark bucketlist

1) Fenway Park Boston, MA- (note: I did visit here on a class trip back in 7th grade (1998) and we took a tour of Fenway but it was raining that day so we couldn't go out on the field:bouville:

2) Yankee Stadium New York, NY- It is too bad I won't able to see the old classic stadium as it was torn down, but I guess the new place will have to do

3) Oriole Park @Camden Yards Baltimore, MD

4) PNC Park Pittsburgh, PA: what a view

5) Busch Stadium St. Louis, MO

6) Dodger Stadium Los Angeles, CA

7) AT&T Park San Francisco, CA: Again, what a view

8) Great American Ballpark Cincinnati, OH

9) Kauffman Stadium Kansas City, MO

10) Miller Park Milwaukee, WI

and honorable mention: Marlins Park Miami, FL....for the lulz

how about you guys, do you have a bucket list of ballparks?

XDoomsayerX
03-31-2014, 10:25 AM
I want to go to SF ballpark and a Boston game for the crowd, specifically a Boston Yankee game lol

Also, LETS GO ANGELS!

AnthG
03-31-2014, 12:11 PM
I've only been to Rogers Centre and Fenway Park. And Fenway was before I became a big baseball fan.

I'd love to go to a Yankees-Mets game in either ball park, just to be part of the "Let's go Yankees! Yankees Suck!" Chants. Same with a White Sox-Cubs game in either ball park. And also Fenway again now that i'm a Sox fan.

mankvill
03-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Royals blew a late-game lead to start the season off with a loss.

So...typical Royals baseball.

AnthG
03-31-2014, 12:54 PM
They had a lead against Verlander too. Shame.

300%_Density
03-31-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm incredibly biased but yes you should definitely check out a game at Busch.

I'm happy anytime we beat that little bitch Cueto (hate him because of his little bitch kicks from the '10 brawl between Cards/Reds). Nice to win a 1-0 game. I was only disappointed in the defense. Normally you make 3 errors & you lose a 1-0 game. Wainwright was DEALING.

Damn your Royals Jackson. I am pulling for them. I really like them a lot. They had that game won. Losing Hocheaver hurts, he was dominant last year. And Salvatore Perez is a monster. Bummed they lost.

DisposableJustice
03-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Glad to see my Rockies stay so consistent :hmm:

again, good thing Coors Field is such a nice place

AnthG
04-01-2014, 03:56 AM
I'm incredibly biased but yes you should definitely check out a game at Busch.

I'd absolutely love to check out a game at Busch. The ballpark looks nice and Cardinals fans care about baseball. I'd pretty much like to check out any park in any traditional baseball city, or even parks that are really nice aesthetically (Camden yards, PNC Park, Comerica Park).

TonyD
04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I'd absolutely love to check out a game at Busch. The ballpark looks nice and Cardinals fans care about baseball. I'd pretty much like to check out any park in any traditional baseball city, or even parks that are really nice aesthetically (Camden yards, PNC Park, Comerica Park).

ahem, AT&T

300%_Density
04-01-2014, 12:24 PM
ahem, AT&T

Yep. I'd have to agree. I've never been but it would be at the top of my list of parks I'd want to go to. It looks like an absolutely beautiful park.

300%_Density
04-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Just 1 game... But man Yankees look pretty awesome. Jester is probably happy to leave this mess.

PVH5150
04-01-2014, 05:45 PM

There is Fenway Park and then there is the rest of the MLB. Grab a seat on the Green Monster.

hot_turkey_ed
04-01-2014, 10:17 PM
I will be speaking up for the Oakland A's this year. Attended Opening Night yesterday at the Coliseum. Froze my ass off for 3 hours to see our brand new closer choke and blow the game.

:bouville:

300%_Density
04-02-2014, 12:02 AM
I will be speaking up for the Oakland A's this year. Attended Opening Night yesterday at the Coliseum. Froze my ass off for 3 hours to see our brand new closer choke and blow the game.

Atleast the raw sewage doesn't affect the fans as much the players so there's always that right?

AnthG
04-02-2014, 06:45 AM
ahem, AT&T

Only if it's Metallica Night.

Also, I know it's only game 1 of 162, but Lol at Sabathia. Even after 1 game that has to be a bit of a concern for Yankees fans given how not good he was last season.

300%_Density
04-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Angels are LOLtastic right now. And I am loving it.

hot_turkey_ed
04-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Atleast the raw sewage doesn't affect the fans as much the players so there's always that right?

Home field advantage. :cool:

AnthG
04-03-2014, 05:42 AM

And he blew another game last night. Fuck, why did I pick him in my fantasy draft?

Natrlhi
04-03-2014, 06:24 AM

:bouville:And he blew another game last night. Fuck, why did I pick him in my fantasy draft
Sorry guise, but these posts kinda make me happy. :D

hot_turkey_ed
04-03-2014, 08:04 AM
And he blew another game last night. Fuck, why did I pick him in my fantasy draft?

Balfour hit a guy, walked another... then got out his side in his Rays debut. I went with him in mine.

AnthG
04-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I have Kimbrel as my other RP on my fantasy team. I usually don't pick Relievers early on in the draft but he came on and he's as automatic as they come. Saves are worth a lot in Fantasy, and even though Johnson has a high ERA, he still racks up a lot of saves. But he's cost me 21 points in two outings.

300%_Density
04-03-2014, 02:43 PM
I have Kimbrel as my other RP on my fantasy team. I usually don't pick Relievers early on in the draft but he came on and he's as automatic as they come. Saves are worth a lot in Fantasy, and even though Johnson has a high ERA, he still racks up a lot of saves. But he's cost me 21 points in two outings.

I'm biased but... Trevor Rosenthal!!!!

AnthG
04-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Pretty sure Rosenthal was already taken. Like I said, I usually pick Relievers near the end (you need two in CBS fantasy), but Kimbrel was an exception.

hot_turkey_ed
04-04-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm not worried long term about Jim Johnson. A little time and that situation will work itself out.

MLB posted on Twitter today: ".@Marlins closer Steve Cishek has converted 31 straight save opportunities. In these 31 games, Cishek has not been charged with a run." Nothing to sneeze at.

Pie for Coco last night in Oakland in the 12th. HR over the right field fence. :party:

300%_Density
04-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Being a national league guy & Cardinal fan, I have found the last few A's teams are so easy to like. I always pull for them in the playoffs. I wish MLB & the Giants would get their shit together and move to that nice looking (from pictures and drawings) park in San Jose. If I lived in the area I would definitely like watching them. It's too bad the coliseum is a dump and nobody shows up. I hope the next commissioner gets them to move. Although I don't know if that would suck if San Jose is a longer drive or not for you.

Edit:
Don't know who knows about this but I found a site that streams ALL games for free. No downloads no nothing. Sometimes the feeds freeze for a few seconds. But it's free. There's an app that makes streams HD but I'm weary of virus/malware.

www.strikeout.co

hot_turkey_ed
04-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Jim Johnson is officially on my shit list.

:mrt:

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Being a national league guy & Cardinal fan, I have found the last few A's teams are so easy to like. I always pull for them in the playoffs. I wish MLB & the Giants would get their shit together and move to that nice looking (from pictures and drawings) park in San Jose. If I lived in the area I would definitely like watching them. It's too bad the coliseum is a dump and nobody shows up. I hope the next commissioner gets them to move. Although I don't know if that would suck if San Jose is a longer drive or not for you.

Edit:
Don't know who knows about this but I found a site that streams ALL games for free. No downloads no nothing. Sometimes the feeds freeze for a few seconds. But it's free. There's an app that makes streams HD but I'm weary of virus/malware.

www.strikeout.co

Thanks bro!!!

A's will do good bro just watch.

hot_turkey_ed
04-10-2014, 10:39 AM
I know.. we're at the beginning of a long season ... I fully expect to be on the hook for playoff tickets again come post season ... and baseball has already been a lot of fun this year. It's going to be a great year. Hell, I'm even thinking about driving up for a couple of River Cats games.

I miss Balfour a lot. Definitely my favorite player on the A's. Johnson has HUGE shoes to fill... that said, 3 blown saves.. Jim Johnson, you're an asshole. ;)

Reddick needs to start hitting something too. Anything. BUNT!

John The Drummer
04-10-2014, 11:27 AM
I don't follow Baseball whatsoever... but have the Mariners really been kicking ass lately? First the Seahawks, then D-Bry wins the World Title (Aberdeen, WA) and now the Mariners are apparently doing much better than the last few years.... good year for the Pacific NW :)

hot_turkey_ed
04-10-2014, 11:45 AM
The Mariners are doing ok so far but the season is young. King Felix shut down the A's hard last weekend. They had a couple of big signings offseason ... the Mariners won't be contending for last place for sure.

And http://blog.sfgate.com/athletics/2014/04/10/jim-johnson-out-as-as-closer-hes-not-surprised-by-move/ ... Johnson has been removed as closer. :cool:

AnthG
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM

They dumped him from the closer's role. And I dropped him from my fantasy team as well.

And i'm also watching Boston lose to the Yankees right now. 8th inning with 2 outs...maybe they can get something going. But probably not.

300%_Density
04-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Woooo. Got a surprise from my wife. Goin on Father's Day to St. Louis for Jack Buck bobble head day & because of my new job I'm going to St. Louis the middle of May and I can get OF field boxes for $17. I'm excited.

300%_Density
04-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Man I'm tired of this Brewers team already. I knew they would be better than everybody thought but a 9-2 start is not what I had in mind.

TonyD
04-13-2014, 03:08 PM
>being an A's fan

AnthG
04-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Pujols hit his 500th home run yesterday. Good for him. I just hope we don't find out down the line that he was on PEDs or something.

John The Drummer
04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
:lol: I think i jinx'd the Mariners :lol:

AnthG
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM
The Mariners aren't that good anyway. I had them in 4th before the season started.

300%_Density
04-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Mariners are back to Marinering. Usually they atleast get out of April before that happens.

hot_turkey_ed
05-09-2014, 11:07 AM
The AL West is where it should be:

A's on top.

Angels / Rangers / Mariners fighting amongst themselves.

The Astros in the cellar.

:horns:

AnthG
05-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Prince Fielder to have neck surgery. Probably season ending.

So much for my prediction of Texas winning the AL West.

AnthG
06-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Oh hey, the MLB thread which no one is touching?

How are everyone's teams doing? The Red Sox have been shitty and inconsistent, and can't win on the road to save their lives.

marker
06-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Oh hey, the MLB thread which no one is touching?

How are everyone's teams doing? The Red Sox have been shitty and inconsistent, and can't win on the road to save their lives.

The Dodgers are ready to take over the divsion like last year.

AnthG
06-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Kershaw's no-hitter was pretty awesome, i'll admit.

300%_Density
07-31-2014, 06:25 AM
So I'm pretty much ready to give the A's the WS this year. Staff is even more loaded w/ Lester.

AnthG
08-01-2014, 03:49 AM
This trade deadline was pretty stacked. And I guess you made your comment about the A's before the Tigers got David Price.

I also like the moves Boston made. They're out of it this year, but like the haul they got for Lester and, to a lesser extent, what they got for Lackey. Now they just have to worry about signing 2-3 starting pitchers in the offseason.

300%_Density
08-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Yep. I'd say the deadline worked real well for Detroit & Oakland.

DisposableJustice
09-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Postseason baseball is here, the only time I get watching again since the Rockies find new levels to suck

so even though I did not really follow baseball this season, I'm picking the playoffs anyway

WILD CARD

AL: Oakland over Kansas City
NL: San Francisco over Pittsburgh

ALDS

Los Angeles over Oakland in 5

Detroit over Baltimore in 4

NLDS

San Francisco over Washington in 5

St. Louis over Los Angeles in 5

ALCS

Detroit over Los Angeles in 6

NLCS

St. Louis over San Francisco in 7

World Series

Detroit over St. Louis in 7

Natrlhi
09-29-2014, 06:23 AM
Maybe we both have our regional biases showing just a little here, but I disagree with both wild card picks and think that both KC and Pittsburgh will win.

Beyond that, there are some tough calls this year. I don't think Detroit will go all the way. Admittedly, a big part of my brain wants to see them crash and burn as early as possible, but they're too good for that. The sensible part still tells me they don't have the legs to make it all the way to the ring. They've been sucking hard at times lately, almost as if they're tired or not all on the same page mentally or something. With a little rest, I could be proven wrong but like I said I hope they crash and burn.

My obvious pick would be Angels to win it all, but they've also been sucking hard lately, dropping 7 of their last 10 games. The Nats (:D) and Dodgers are both red hot right now. I'd love to see a relatively young and lesser-known team like the Nats go all the way, but part of me thinks it might be interesting to see the two teams from LA duking it out in the World Series as well.

300%_Density
09-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Dammit Royals. This one is on Ned

Edit:
Well. This is why the edit button was created. Unbelievable.

DisposableJustice
09-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Congrats to the Royals for getting a playoff win since I was not born yet

I'm rooting for them:party:

mankvill
09-30-2014, 09:40 PM
This is literally the first time the Kansas City Royals have played baseball in October since I've been alive and MAN WHAT A GAME IT WAS

AnthG
09-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Ah fuck, i'm late. Well I picked KC to win before the game. I'm going with the Giants tomorrow over the Pirates.

That was a fun game tonight though.

marker
10-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Good for KC, couldn't help getting goosebumps watching that one. Now if they could only take down the Angels, fuck 'em.

XDoomsayerX
10-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Good for KC, couldn't help getting goosebumps watching that one. Now if they could only take down the Angels, fuck 'em.

Hope Angels take it all. Halos all the way!

Baltimore will prob beat Tigers.

Dodgers over Cardinals cuz of the Kershaw factor.

Nats over Wild Card easily.

Then Nats/Dodgers will be tough to call. I'll go with Dodgers cuz Kershaw still.

So Angels vs Dodgers is my prediction lol

AnthG
10-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Man, Pittsburgh was fucking flat tonight.

300%_Density
10-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm no Giants fan but that brought me great joy.

TonyD
10-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Man, Pittsburgh was fucking flat tonight.

I love how every time the Giants beat a team in the playoffs their fans are like WHERE DID OUR OFFENSE GO OUR GUYS SUCK!

AnthG
10-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Well if the Giants weren't so bipolar it'd be less frustrating. Not just during the course of the season, but from season to season. I think they'll be my pick to win the World Series just because of the "even year-odd year" trend they got going on. In 2015 they'll finish 4th in the NL West.

Anyways

LDS predictions:

Detroit Tigers vs. Baltimore Orioles - Orioles in 5. I just don't want the Tigers to win.

LA Angels vs. Kansas City Royals - Angels in 4. As much as i'd like the Royals to win, I don't see it happening. Especially with James Shields not being an option until like Game 3.

San Fransico Giants vs. Washington Nationals - Giants in 5. See above.

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. St. Louis Cardinals - Dodgers in 4. That pitching staff is just way too good.

marker
10-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Frisco faggots won't make it to the World Series.

300%_Density
10-03-2014, 05:52 AM
So... Kansas City Royals.

marker
10-03-2014, 06:47 AM
So... Kansas City Royals.

Beat the Angels.:lol:

300%_Density
10-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Beat the Angels.:lol:

As a Cardinal fan I'd love that for so many reasons.

TonyD
10-03-2014, 04:11 PM

:lol: alrighty then

AnthG
10-03-2014, 08:08 PM
How do the Tigers find a way to consistently have an awful fucking bullpen in the playoffs?

DisposableJustice
10-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Wow the Royals are kicking butt and putting in overtime doing it; 3rd playoff game in a row in extra innings

mankvill
10-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Smallball Uber Alles

300%_Density
10-04-2014, 07:22 AM
So... That other Missouri team was pretty good yesterday too.

DisposableJustice
10-04-2014, 09:25 PM
longest postseason game in MLB history....seems like a lot of this years playoff games are working overtime, more so than I can remember in recent memory

DisposableJustice
10-05-2014, 10:13 PM
wow....Kansas City Vs Baltimore in the ALCS....NO ONE would have seen that coming I'll tell you that right now

It's nice to see a ALCS that doesn't have the Yankees or the Red Sox

marker
10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
wow....Kansas City Vs Baltimore in the ALCS....NO ONE would have seen that coming I'll tell you that right now

This.

XDoomsayerX
10-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Royals came in hot, like the Nats but that aint working for them(Game 2 goddamn 18 innings!).

My Angels lost, I was at game one what a depressing end to the season.

They need to get rid of the Hamilton and Wilson factor these are two dudes who are getting overpaid and are honestly just bad and inconsistent. Mainly Hamilton what a waste of fucking money I'd rather see a rookie play, the dude went 0-13 and had so many opps with runners in scoring position. And his regular seasons=Useless.

Anyhow Bal vs KC will be fun.

Nats vs SF, good luck at SF.

Lets go Dodgers, rep that SoCal!

AnthG
10-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Really glad the Tigers are gone. Now hopefully Washington loses because fuck Bryce Harper and I want more Hunter Pence signs.

marker
10-07-2014, 09:03 AM
:grrr: Fuckin' Dodgers

300%_Density
10-07-2014, 10:01 AM
:grrr: Fuckin' Dodgers

Huge Cardinal fan. I won't be arrogant b/c this series is far from over. Atleast you aren't blaming the umpires strike zone for the loss. It's scary there are people who believe this link. (http://lasordaslair.com/2014/10/07/umpire-dale-scott-claps-yasiel-puig-strikeout/)

marker
10-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Huge Cardinal fan. I won't be arrogant b/c this series is far from over. Atleast you aren't blaming the umpires strike zone for the loss. It's scary there are people who believe this link. (http://lasordaslair.com/2014/10/07/umpire-dale-scott-claps-yasiel-puig-strikeout/)

I didn't check the link yet, but i know what you mean. They've just gotten outplayed by the Cards. Their bullpen sucks, pretty much the whole team sucks ass right now. They're getting beat by guys like Wong! Puig benched for tonight.

marker
10-07-2014, 11:50 AM

They did get screwed on calls, but that's sports, as fucked as it is. If Kershaw does his job they would be up in the series. They showed a pitch to Matt Kemp that was called a ball, and then the next pitch is farther outside and called a strike? Like i said not blaming the asshole umps though.

AnthG
10-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Cardinals are in. Yay?

300%_Density
10-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Cardinals are in. Yay?

Yay for me. Suck for 90% of the country.

DisposableJustice
10-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Giants and Cards in NLCS- still going to stay Cards in 7

However O's and Royals going to be tough to pick- I'm going with Royals in 6; each time I've doubted them they have found ways to win....

so if I'm right it's going to a fucking Missouri world series....shit

AnthG
10-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Oh look, the Cardinals in the NLCS again...

Seriously, people complain about the Red Sox and the Yankees being in the ALCS too often but no one says anything about the Cardinals being shoved down everyone's throats?

On that note, i'm going Giants in 7, because odd year/even year. In 2015 St. Louis will go to the World Series while San Francisco finishes below .500

American League i'm picking The Orioles in 6.

TonyD
10-07-2014, 11:28 PM
http://www.ladodgertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Kershaw-Dejected-398x208.jpg

marker
10-08-2014, 09:10 AM
http://www.ladodgertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Kershaw-Dejected-398x208.jpg

Congrats to the Giants and Cards, great organizations and doing great again.

Same old Dodgers, just a bunch of underachieving asswipes, just like the bum in that picture.:mad:

Hopefully the Cards will make it, don't want to look like more of a fool!

marker
10-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Go American league!

300%_Density
10-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Hate your front office for a $240 million payroll and not giving you shit for a bullpen. Not hating on the NL MVP. He didn't lose the game. He was carrying the whole damn team because the bullpen can't be trusted. Rather get beat w/ your star than beat w/ your half ass pen.

marker
10-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Hate your front office for a $240 million payroll and not giving you shit for a bullpen. Not hating on the NL MVP. He didn't lose the game. He was carrying the whole damn team because the bullpen can't be trusted. Rather get beat w/ your star than beat w/ your half ass pen.

Correct, the bullpen blows so much they can't even be trusted. I don't blame any one player, Kershaw sure does disappoint in the playoffs, that's for sure. Most likely the Gm(ned coleti)in charge of that massive payroll will be gone.

mankvill
10-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I cordially invite everyone not a Baltimore, St. Louis or San Francisco fan to root for the Royals this postseason. :D

300%_Density
10-08-2014, 03:28 PM
I cordially invite everyone not a Baltimore, St. Louis or San Francisco fan to root for the Royals this postseason. :D

I'd say same for Cardinals but that'd be like saying hey go Yankees or Red Sox so I'll keep it to myself. Go I-70 series!!! Cards would be more hated (if that's possible) if they'd beat the loveable Royals.

marker
10-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Ok. Good idea actually.

DisposableJustice
10-08-2014, 08:38 PM

I'm in

btw non playoff news, the Rockies FINALLY did something about our turd of a GM:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11663630/dan-odowd-colorado-rockies-general-manager-15-seasons

(yes it says he resigned, but it's team speak for GTFO)

Disturbed95
10-09-2014, 06:42 AM

I'm down. My team(red sox) shit the bed this year, so i was gonna root for whoever the under dog was anyway

AnthG
10-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Ah fuck it, I guess I can jump on the Royals bandwagon as well. As a Red Sox fan it's probably taboo to root for Baltimore anyway. Let's just ignore my prediction earlier.

Then again the better James Shields pitches means the more he's going to cost for Boston to sign him in the offseason.

300%_Density
10-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Jesus this Royals team.

AnthG
10-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Goddamn Cardinals just won't go away.

300%_Density
10-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'm greedy or spoiled. Cards didn't deserve that win. I'm happy but it wasn't pretty. Wainwright is tired. Yadi has an oblique injury. Winning NLCS will be up hill battle.

300%_Density
10-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Fuck Mike Matheny
Fuck Randy Choate
Fuck Mike Matheny & Randy Choate
Fuck Randy Choate & Mike Matheny

I really don't know how many different ways I can say this. I have hated MM since his 1st season. I still believe we will never win a WS w/ him as manager. Fuck.

mankvill
10-14-2014, 06:52 PM
I love Mike Moustakas
I love Wade Davis
I love Mike Moustakas & Wade Davis
I love Wade Davis & Mike Moustakas

300%_Density
10-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I love Mike Moustakas
I love Wade Davis
I love Mike Moustakas & Wade Davis
I love Wade Davis & Mike Moustakas

In my bitterness I am still excited for the Royals.

mankvill
10-14-2014, 08:31 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/l/t1.0-9/10393165_10203969007764141_3399941051000064487_n.j pg?oh=55bcd7965b9557e63ee2b7f12750b5ee&oe=54B5B736

AnthG
10-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Alex Gordon is not making enough catches.

PowerMaiden
10-15-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna cheer for the Royals in the World Series for sure, as an Expos fan I know what it feels like to be the small market that upsets the world of baseball !

Go Royals !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
10-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Congrats to the Royals I will be cheering for them too, regardless of who comes out of the NLCS

not to put a damper on the Royals, but this reminds me a little bit of the Rockies back in 2007; both win a wild card game (the Rox wasn't a wild card per say but a play in game so same type of game), sweep the division series, and sweep the league series with ease. I just hope the Royals can stay hot while they wait for the the winner of NLCS which I feel like could go 6 or 7

mankvill
10-15-2014, 04:49 PM
YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!

AnthG
10-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Good, fuck the Cardinals.

DisposableJustice
10-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Came into the living room just as the walk off was hit

As much as my brain tells me the Giants playoff experience is going to win the World Series, the Royals have defied all expectations and find ways to win with great pitching, offense and defense

Royals in 6

300%_Density
10-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Mike Matheny undisputed NLCS MVP.

Wacha hadn't pitched since September 26th & yea you're pitching for the season. Fuck Mike Matheny.

mankvill
10-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Royals in 4

300%_Density
10-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Royals in 4

In 3

mankvill
10-16-2014, 08:33 PM
In 3

THAT'S WHAT SPEED DO

AnthG
10-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Came into the living room just as the walk off was hit

As much as my brain tells me the Giants playoff experience is going to win the World Series, the Royals have defied all expectations and find ways to win with great pitching, offense and defense

Royals in 6

So did the Rockies in 2007. They got swept in the World Series by Boston that year.

I'd still like to see KC win, but I also like a lot of the Giants players, so I wouldn't be upset if they won.

DisposableJustice
10-17-2014, 10:35 AM
So did the Rockies in 2007. They got swept in the World Series by Boston that year.

I'd still like to see KC win, but I also like a lot of the Giants players, so I wouldn't be upset if they won.

true, but the difference is the Royals host the first two games while the Rockies had to go to Boston for the first 2, that is why I think KC can pull this off

AnthG
10-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Awww, KC loses one game and everyone's quiet?

Can't wait to see what happens in San Fran though. Should be good.

300%_Density
10-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Going out on a limb. Up 7 after 3. Probably going to game 7.

AnthG
10-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Madison. Fucking. Bumgarner.

DisposableJustice
10-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Madison. Fucking. Bumgarner.

yep. It is too bad the Royals couldn't pull it out but congrats to them to getting this far and I feel like with the roster with some improvements will be back in the playoffs next year

mankvill
10-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Fantastic series. Amazing pitching. Super happy and proud of the Royals. Bring on next season. :D

TonyD
10-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Royals in 4

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/4048597/Screen_Shot_2014-02-24_at_9.28.20_AM.png