PDA

View Full Version : Samael -- Philadelphia, PA -- March 13th, 2009

Derelict
03-13-2009, 09:20 PM
This was part of Exhumed to Consumed II. Psycropic was mediocre, Suicide Silence is terrible, Carcass dominated, but i don't know enough of their setlist to post it. Fifth or so time seeing Samael since 1999, song selection tonight was great (in order)

-Black Trip
-Rain
-Baphomet's Throne
-Black Hole
-Into the Pentagram
-Slavocracy
-Ones Who Came Before

Amazing

IrritatedTrout
03-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Man, I wanted to go to this show so bad. But I'm spending time with the family this week during spring break and they would have been pissed if I took off on a 7 hour drive to Philly. I hope Carcass comes back to America at some point.

Metal_Head
03-14-2009, 07:35 AM
This is a great tour with strong bands, wish it was coming around here. Anyone have a Suicide Silence setlist? I assume it will be similar to when I see them on Music as a Weapon, and they're one of my favorite bands. Why was Suicide Silence terrible?

cladinshadows99
03-14-2009, 08:16 AM
No offense or anything but its kind of hard to be not terrible when all you play is breakdowns. Honestly I don't think they played a single guitar riff last night. Half the crowd including me just stood there with there middle fingers up. The guitarist did not deserve to wear that suffocation shirt LOL

cladinshadows99
03-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Psycroptics setlist was something like this

Lacertine Forest
calculated effort
ob(servant)
horde in devolution
Initiate

I thought they were awesome, the drumming was crushing... the new vocalist was just alright, the old one was much better

MikeConnor123
03-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Suicide Silence was something like this

Unanswered
*new song
Bludgeoned to Death
The Price of Beauty
*new song
The Fallen
*new song
No pity for a coward

there was like 2 more in there somewhere and i think one was hands of a killer, not really sure

Metal_Head
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I love Suicide Silence, and although they use many breakdowns, I think they use them well.

Thanks for the set Mike, sounds killer. Probably was Hands of a Killer, and how did their new songs sound?

EchoesOfDecimation
03-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I was at this but had to leave early, anyone have the Carcass set?

Derelict
03-14-2009, 03:48 PM
entire samael set is on youtube

RottingCorpsE528
03-14-2009, 04:12 PM
well i took videos from all bands specially Samael and Carcass so something for ppl to get a taste of what they missed can be viewed here http://www.youtube.com/user/DeaDlyCorpsE528 :rocker:

Impaledonafence3
03-14-2009, 04:37 PM
I put the entire Samael set on youtube. I need the Carcass set list so I can put that up too. I filmed the first 12 songs.

Derelict
03-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I put the entire Samael set on youtube. I need the Carcass set list so I can put that up too. I filmed the first 12 songs.

was talking to you briefly at the show...thanks for youtubing it!

Impaledonafence3
03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
I put the Carcass songs on Youtube.

xMETALHEDx
03-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I was there and never really heard Samael before but was blown away! What disc should I start with? I cnt believe how good they were!!

Impaledonafence3
03-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Carcass set list...

Impropogation
Buried Dreams
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Carnal Forge
Empathological Necroticism
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
No Love Lost
Edge Of Darkness/This Mortal Coil/Embodiment
Reek Of Putrefaction
Keep On Rotting In The Free World
Genital Grinder/Pyosisfied-Rotten to the Gore/Death Certificate
Exhumed to Consume

I had to leave at this point so I dont know what else was played.

Derelict
03-15-2009, 05:37 AM
I was there and never really heard Samael before but was blown away! What disc should I start with? I cnt believe how good they were!!

IMO, Passage is their best mix of electronics/metal, Ceremony of Opposites is their best metal album

Enigma Lake
03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I went fucking nuts for Samael. Setlist was perfect...
They were amazing...

Enigma Lake
03-15-2009, 11:16 AM

Passage
Ceremony of the Opposites
Solar Soul
Eternal
Reign of Light
Etc. etc. etc.

Slasherous
03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Detroit. Samael played the same thing at Majestic. Totally blew everyone else (except) Carcass out of the water. totally amazing and gave 1 million percent in their performance. i was highly stunned.

IrritatedTrout
03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah, Samael impressed me in KY on the 17th. It was awesome seeing a guy handle both keyboards and drums and the bassist just kicked ass, very energetic.