PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot -- Inglewood, CA -- March 7th, 2009

b_halperin
03-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Just got back from the concert it was FUCKING AWESOME.

Trivium went first and they kicked serious ass. They said it was the best show they'd ever played in the states. They just fucking owned and i will definetely try to catch them at mayhem festival.

Coheed and Cambria went next. Ill leave it at this: They were in the wrong venue, and weren't my kind of music.

Slipknot of course just tore shit up. Un-fucking-believable. By far the most theatrical, creative, and entertaining act I have ever seen. I went crazy during most of the set and just had a great fucking time.

Their setlist (But don't comment saying "OH YOU GOT IT WRONG" cuz im probably missing some songs. Feel Free to correct me):
Intro: 7426blahblahblah
1. (Sic)
2. Eyeless
3. Wait and Bleed
4. Get This
5. Before I Forget
6. Dead Memories
7. Frail Limb Nursery
8. The Blister Exists
9. Disasterpiece
10. Left Behind
11. Pyschosocial
12. Everything Ends
13. Duality
14. People=Shit
-----------------------------
15. Surfacing
16. Spit it Out

During Spit it Out, it was amazing how everybody in the bigass Forum squatted down and jumpdafuckup'ed on command.

Truly an enjoyable concert.

MetalIsArt
03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Not much songs from AHIG :bouville: :bliss:

SilentSoldier144
03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Not much songs from AHIG :bouville: :bliss:

That's how it should be.

MusicDude415
03-08-2009, 09:42 AM
In all likelihood...they probably played Purity right after Frail Limb. I went to the show last month and it by far ranks up there as one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

mankvill
03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
it was amazing how everybody in the bigass Forum squatted down and jumpdafuckup'ed on command.

:eyes: oh god

maidenpriest
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Coheed and Cambria went next. Ill leave it at this: They were in the wrong venue

exactly. i have nothing against them but them and slipknot do not fit at all

daniel_bunuel
03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
i do like AHIG I would have enjoy much more gematria than eyless and all hope is gone instead of frail limb nursery would have been better, i like Liberate a lot more than get this...

rjturtle9
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
this was the right set list

Intro: 742617000027
(sic)
Eyeless
Wait And Bleed
Get This
Before I Forget
The Blister Exists
Dead Memories
Left Behind
Disasterpiece
Frail Limb Nursery
Purity
Everything Ends
Psychosocial
Duality
People = Shit
---------------
Surfacing
Spit It Out

great show. i got there like 20 min before slipknot came on. i love how chris and clown were walking around the venue. pretty sick, except opur show had no pyro and all the others did. oh well

b_halperin
03-08-2009, 05:32 PM
i do like AHIG I would have enjoy much more gematria than eyless and all hope is gone instead of frail limb nursery would have been better, i like Liberate a lot more than get this...

imo:

eyeless>gematria
all hope is gone>frail limb nursery
liberate>get this

but wtvr it still kicked ass

rjturtle9
03-08-2009, 05:37 PM
imo:

eyeless>gematria
all hope is gone>frail limb nursery
liberate>get this

but wtvr it still kicked ass

you can't count frail limb nursery. it's a intro. and the fact that it has never been played before on any tour makes me like it on the set even more, even though they don't really play it...

andrew_metalhead
03-08-2009, 10:08 PM
ok so how about a neutral's review eh? :)

So I was at this show. I used to listen to their Volume 3 album when it released in 04, but I'm not into them right now.
I highly admire Joey as a drummer, and I rate him only behind Dave Lombardo and Scott Travis as the best drummers ever. So I went with my friend to the signing session in Guitar Center. We were really amazed to meet this insane drummer!! There were probably 500+ people in the queue, but we were helped massively by the fact that I found another friend very near to the front and we joined him.
So out of this excitement of meeting Joey, my friend kinda made a last minute decision to go to the show and insisted I should give him company, as he really wanted to see this show. And he said he would return the same favour later. He even paid for my ticket.

Ok enough of that. On to the show!
Trivium were decent. I have read a lot of bullshit about Trivium on the internet forums. They were not as bad as that. 'Like Light To The Flies' was the only song I knew, and I enjoyed that one.
Coheed And Cambria were probably the worst band I have ever seen in the 35 shows I have totally seen in my life.Enough said.
Slipknot impressed me. I enjoyed 'Duality', 'People=Shit' and 'Before I Forget' as those were the only songs I used to like and was able to recognize. My friend seemed to know all the new songs as well and he was rocking out big time. I saved all my energy for Duality and after that song I was exhausted :D
I was listening to the new songs for the first time and I felt they were not as heavy as they should be. The vocals on those were disappointing. Guitars were almost inaudible. Only good part was the drumming! But all the other songs were totally kickass! :rocker: I am a big fan of Corey's vocals on Duality. He goes from whispering to growling in the same song!
The lights were the best I have EVER witnessed .. only Pink Floyd could have matched a light show like this one :)
Corey was trying his best to entertain the crowd and I can safely say all the fans gave him a great response, although in my opinion he talked too much. They could have played one more song in that time instead!
The guy doing the pull-ups and stuff was funny to watch, the members going into the crowd at times was totally unique, Joey's stunt at the end was jaw-droppingly awesome.
All in all, not a great new album, but I give them credit for putting on a truly unique stage show and I enjoyed most of it. We were in the colonade 29 section by the way. One more thing, I thought The Forum was too big a venue for this show. It was far from a sell-out. We got tickets 15 minutes before the show started.The colonades were only about 20% filled. Floor and lower seats were packed though.

ijwthstd
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
All in all, not a great new album, but I give them credit for putting on a truly unique stage show and I enjoyed most of it. We were in the colonade 29 section by the way. One more thing, I thought The Forum was too big a venue for this show. It was far from a sell-out. We got tickets 15 minutes before the show started.The colonades were only about 20% filled. Floor and lower seats were packed though.

I was in 28! My ticket was in 30 but I moved over right before they went on when I realized the PA would be blocking the drum set.

I think the Forum is the right venue, the only other ones comparable for the size of the crowd would have been Nokia or Universal and this show doesn't belong in an all seated venue. There probably would have been more people if not for the show in Ontario.

Also if it was in a bigger venue I probably wouldn't have found a $10 ticket outside.

rjturtle9
03-09-2009, 12:16 AM
20% filled??? those seats were like 5-10% filled lol ohh well looks like slipknot can't sell out like they used too. i'm surprised to hear that you (andrew) went to a concert and didn't get close to rail lol. wow the world is really coming to an end. all in all it was a great show. to bad no pyro

JuuKun
03-09-2009, 02:00 AM
I highly admire Joey as a drummer, and I rate him only behind Dave Lombardo and Scott Travis as the best drummers ever.

I'll just go ahead and completely forget that you ever said this.

andrew_metalhead
03-09-2009, 05:51 AM
I'll just go ahead and completely forget that you ever said this.

And why would that be? :D

andrew_metalhead
03-09-2009, 07:23 AM
20% filled??? those seats were like 5-10% filled lol ohh well looks like slipknot can't sell out like they used too. i'm surprised to hear that you (andrew) went to a concert and didn't get close to rail lol. wow the world is really coming to an end. all in all it was a great show. to bad no pyro

lol yea because i decided to go at the last minute :P

Skinny Juice
03-09-2009, 08:07 AM
great show. i got there like 20 min before slipknot came on. i love how chris and clown were walking around the venue. pretty sick, except opur show had no pyro and all the others did. oh well

Yea, no pyro in Denver either. They played at the Denver Coliseum on March 3rd, same setlist, really good show.

rjturtle9
03-09-2009, 10:09 AM

have you ever heard of a fellow by the name of neil peart

andrew_metalhead
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
have you ever heard of a fellow by the name of neil peart

yea dude .. im not a rush fan .. so haven't seen him play. i was talking about drummers of the bands I listen to.

JuuKun
03-09-2009, 11:06 AM

Because, even though Joey is the most talented member of the band, he is nowhere near the best drummer ever. (BTW, you said that you were just talking about bands you listen to, yet in the first post you said 'ever'. Which, y'know, means ever. Not "ever out of all the bands I listen to", but "ever".)

Personally, I'm of the belief that the best drummer ever (as well as guitarist, bassist, etc) is someone that isn't in a band, and is virtually unknown.

andrew_metalhead
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Because, even though Joey is the most talented member of the band, he is nowhere near the best drummer ever. (BTW, you said that you were just talking about bands you listen to, yet in the first post you said 'ever'. Which, y'know, means ever. Not "ever out of all the bands I listen to", but "ever".)

Personally, I'm of the belief that the best drummer ever (as well as guitarist, bassist, etc) is someone that isn't in a band, and is virtually unknown.

ok dude whatever. it was just my opinion. 'Best Drummer ever' obviously means those who I've heard! Why are you picking out one line from the whole review and making such a big deal . chill! :)
People say it all the time .. "best show ever!!" , "best song ever!!" .. and whatever EVER else. Its not to be taken so literally as you did.

rjturtle9
03-09-2009, 12:02 PM
yea dude .. im not a rush fan .. so haven't seen him play.

:eek:

JuuKun
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
ok dude whatever. it was just my opinion. 'Best Drummer ever' obviously means those who I've heard! Why are you picking out one line from the whole review and making such a big deal . chill! :)
People say it all the time .. "best show ever!!" , "best song ever!!" .. and whatever EVER else. Its not to be taken so literally as you did.

I really wasn't making a big deal. All I said originally was that I was going to ignore that you said that.

So, from here on, I'm going to hold myself to that and totally forget you ever mentioned it.

andrew_metalhead
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I really wasn't making a big deal. All I said originally was that I was going to ignore that you said that.

So, from here on, I'm going to hold myself to that and totally forget you ever mentioned it.

cool! :)

b_halperin
03-11-2009, 06:23 AM
the biggest thing that sucked about this concert is that me and my frends werent allowed to bring in our masks and we had to try to hide them outside and they got stolen :mad:

rjturtle9
03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
the biggest thing that sucked about this concert is that me and my frends werent allowed to bring in our masks and we had to try to hide them outside and they got stolen :mad:

wow that's just sad. not the fact that u got your masks stolen, but the fact that you brought masks.

JuuKun
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
wow that's just sad. not the fact that u got your masks stolen, but the fact that you brought masks.

I don't see the "sad" part about it, to be honest. It's no different than putting on war paint for Viking & Folk Metal shows (which I do, :))

SomewhereInTime72
03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't see the "sad" part about it, to be honest. It's no different than putting on war paint for Viking & Folk Metal shows (which I do, :))

lol

b_halperin
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM

considering they're 1 of my (and my friends) favorite bands, and we already had all of the masks from halloween, we wore them.

rjturtle9
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
considering they're 1 of my (and my friends) favorite bands, and we already had all of the masks from halloween, we wore them.

i have joey's mask, but i would never wear it to a show. maybe it's juts me i guess:eyes:

b_halperin
03-11-2009, 07:52 PM
i have joey's mask, but i would never wear it to a show. maybe it's juts me i guess:eyes:

yup u just fail at life. :finger:

rjturtle9
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
yup u just fail at life. :finger:

haha at least i didn't lose my masks at a slipknot show ;)

b_halperin
03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
haha at least i didn't lose my masks at a slipknot show ;)

:finger2: