PDA

View Full Version : 2009: Most Anticipated?

DethMaiden
03-07-2009, 09:04 PM
So Watchmen was my first hugely anticipated movie of the year and it was just pretty good.

I'd say there's still plenty to be excited about, namely Inglourious Basterds, Public Enemies, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. All three of these seriously look like they could be all-time favorites caliber. Well, least so Wolverine, but Jackman IS Logan, so the performance will be excellent at the very least.

And y'all?

powerslave_85
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Inglorious Basterds and Public Enemies are both definitely on my list.

overkiller
03-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Even if it sucks, I'm definitely looking forward to Wolverine. :rocker:

mankvill
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Now that I think about it, I really can't think of a single one. Maybe Sin City 2 if it comes out this year?

powerslave_85
03-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm not a Star Trek fan, but the movie looks like it'll be fun.

overkiller
03-09-2009, 10:58 AM

I am a fan, and it looks hideous :hecho:

Sinfulsot
03-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I am a fan, and it looks hideous :hecho:

I'm a fan and i'm looking forward to it. more Quinto's take on Spock and Pegg's take on Scotty, but as a reboot it might actually be refreshing after the abortion that was Star Trek: Nemesis.

Div
03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I am NOT looking forward to Transformers 2.

TonyD
03-09-2009, 02:53 PM

At least Shia Lebouff will be live action instead of CG this time around.

ChildrenofSodom
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM

Saw a two minute trailer. Two lines of dialogue.

SirLardsAlot
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED DRAGONBALL OR FAST & FURIOUS?!?!?!

Ahem ....

Inglourious Basterds
Public Enemies
Cannibals (If it comes out this year :D)
Drag Me to Hell (If not only because it's Sam Raimi)
Where the Wild Things Are

I actually haven't seen any of the X-Men movies (:() but I want to see them and then Wolverine.

Div
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Im interested to see whether Vin Diesel will be able to pull off Hannibal Barca or not. Obviously alot of his past roles make me think it's going to be a disaster, but I'm not going to condemn it until it's out. I mean obviously he can play the 'tough guy' role well, but it's going to take a bit more finesse to portray one of history's greatest military strategists.

Div
03-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Wolverine and Terminator look good.

That Tom Hanks Illuminati movie just looks like a clone of National Treasure. "oh noes the illuminati wants to destroy the vatican, call forest gump ;["

overkiller
03-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Wolverine and Terminator look good.

That Tom Hanks Illuminati movie just looks like a clone of National Treasure. "oh noes the illuminati wants to destroy the vatican, call forest gump ;["

You know Angels and Demons is the "other" Dan Brown novel, right? I thought it was better than The Da Vinci Code.

I hated the film version of Da Vinci Code, but I might still see Angels and Demons, if only because I love St. Peter's.

Div
03-12-2009, 08:10 AM
hmm, i didnt know it was a dan brown novel. i hadnt heard of it aside from the trailer, and the trailer was pretty :hecho:

just a long string of tom hanks discovering one dramatic event after another.

SomewhereInTime72
03-12-2009, 10:36 AM
You know Angels and Demons is the "other" Dan Brown novel, right? I thought it was better than The Da Vinci Code.

I hated the film version of Da Vinci Code, but I might still see Angels and Demons, if only because I love St. Peter's.

Angels and Demons was basically the same book as the Da Vinci Code, but better, imo.

overkiller
03-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Angels and Demons was basically the same book as the Da Vinci Code, but better, imo.

Pretty much, yeah.

ChildrenofSodom
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Pretty much, yeah.

I only read A&D, and liked it. Even if its all full of shit, and the author really believes that his fiction is non-fiction.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Even if it sucks, I'm definitely looking forward to Wolverine. :rocker:

....dont

powerslave_85
05-01-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm going to see Wolverine tonight. I have very low expectations, especially because I'm not into the comics so I don't have any idea who the secondary characters like Deadpool and Gambit are.

b_halperin
05-01-2009, 06:37 AM
hatebreed - for the lions

does anyone know if that's a cover album because recently theyv'e released like 5 singles, all covers..

mankvill
05-01-2009, 07:00 AM

does anyone know if that's a cover album because recently theyv'e released like 5 singles, all covers..

It is an all cover album.

powerslave_85
05-01-2009, 07:07 AM

Wrong thread, dude. This is for movies.

mankvill
05-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Wrong thread, dude. This is for movies.

Woah. So it is.

mc chris rented out a theater here last night for the midnight screening of Wolverine.

TonyD
05-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm going to see Wolverine tonight. I have very low expectations, especially because I'm not into the comics so I don't have any idea who the secondary characters like Deadpool and Gambit are.

Gambit is not usually a secondary character, but both are included because they weren't in the 3 main movies and all of the comic book people have boners for the them.

ravenheart
05-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Gambit is not usually a secondary character, but both are included because they weren't in the 3 main movies and all of the comic book people have boners for the them.

Well, that's the case with Gambit, yes. Deadpool was part of Weapon-X, if memory serves, so he kind of needed to be in there.

I've not seen the movie yet, but I would like to know what the FUCK Cyclops is doing in it, since he had NOTHING to do with Wolverine's pre-X-Men past at all.

DethMaiden
05-02-2009, 09:14 AM
So, 0-for-2 so far. I hate Watchmen more every time I think about it because of how much potential was blown (and, objectively, much of it was badly made), and Wolverine was silly but not in a necessarily good way. Jackman was great (as expected) but the story was told way better in X2 and a lot of the characters were there "just 'cause". Also, the script sucked.

So I'm relying on Inglourious Basterds and Public Enemies to be good, and I'm still mostly certain they will be.

Star Trek I won't see. Terminator Salvation I might see.

(sic)&disturbed
05-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Transformers 2 & Wolverine

Div
05-02-2009, 06:50 PM
i still want to see public enemies and star trek. ive seen wolverine, watchmen and fast & furious so far.

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Public Enemies and Inglorious Bastards look good.

ravenheart
05-03-2009, 02:51 AM
I've only seen 'Watchmen', 'Underworld: Rise of The Lycans', and 'Know1ng' so far. The best of those being 'Know1ng'.