14.Nothing Else Matters
15.Enter Sandman
-----------------------------------
16.Too Late Too Late :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
17.Phantom Lord
18.Seek And Destroy

mankvill
03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Eh. Aside from Europe getting The Judas Kiss, I like the US setlists a lot better.

andrew_metalhead
03-02-2009, 03:48 PM
no way dude!!

JRA
03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
16.Too Late Too Late :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
17.Phantom Lord

Damn. I'm impressed.

ravenheart
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
One thing missing. Before 'Too Late Too Late' they jammed on 'Suicide & Redemption'.

andrew_metalhead
03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
One thing missing. Before 'Too Late Too Late' they jammed on 'Suicide & Redemption'.

hmm they do that quite often .. wonder when they'll play the whole song

SerpentineVIVIVI
03-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Just add a new Garage Inc. cover and three cycling songs and there's the set. The covers are getting worse too, in my opinion.

rjturtle9
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Just add a new Garage Inc. cover and three cycling songs and there's the set. The covers are getting worse too, in my opinion.

agreed. and i'm with mankvill, us got better setlists.

andrew_metalhead
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM
agreed. and i'm with mankvill, us got better setlists.

Its not about 'better' or 'worse'. its about giving some variety to the European fans. Metallica tour Europe every year. They tour US only once in 4 years. The songs which seem good to us here in the US, the Europeans have heard 100s of times! So they like the rare stuff, even if its not the 'best' songs.

rjturtle9
03-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Its not about 'better' or 'worse'. its about giving some variety to the European fans. Metallica tour Europe every year. They tour US only once in 4 years. The songs which seem good to us here in the US, the Europeans have heard 100s of times! So they like the rare stuff, even if its not the 'best' songs.

true, but i wouldn't consider those rare tracks. they are covers. and for a band as old as metallica, it's wrong that the jackpot in a setlist a cover. damn can we get escape, metal militia, orion???? now that's rare

andrew_metalhead
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
true, but i wouldn't consider those rare tracks. they are covers. and for a band as old as metallica, it's wrong that the jackpot in a setlist a cover. damn can we get escape, metal militia, orion???? now that's rare

watch this space. . i'm sure they'll put out those songs too :)

ravenheart
03-03-2009, 01:51 AM
I wanted 'I Disappear', '-Human', 'Ride The Lightning' and 'No Leaf Clover', but you can't have everything.

Machine Head setlist:

Clenching The Fists of Dissent
Imperium
Halo
Now I Lay Thee Down
Descend The Shades of Night
Davidian

PhantomLord2009
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Is anyone interested in trading livemetallica mp3 or flac shows??
I have Uniondale 2009 and Sheffield, UK 2009

Send me a message if you have any shows you want to trade

ravenheart
03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I have 129 shows... I think I'm good ;)

JRA
03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I wanted 'The Nomad', '-Human', 'Ride The Lightning' and 'No Leaf Clover', but you can't have everything.

Fixed. FYI, I actually watched in interview with Lars saying they don't like playing that song very much.

andrew_metalhead
03-05-2009, 01:45 PM
by the way, just got to know this from someone who went to this show. Lemmy himself was supposed to join them on stage to jam for Too Late Too Late. But pulled out at the last minute because of a flu.

Good on Metallica to play a Motorhead cover \m/
It wouldn't be too wrong to say this : If there was no Motorhead, there would've been no Metallica. :rocker:

wroed
03-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Now I Lay Thee Down

Well spotted. It sounded like a wall of noise to me and I was scratching my head trying to work out what they were playing. Everytime they went fast I was listening from memory rather than what I was hearing!

Really enjoyed Metallica though.

ravenheart
03-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Fixed. FYI, I actually watched in interview with Lars saying they don't like playing that song very much.

What, 'The Nomad'? Probably because it's not theirs ;)

ravenheart
03-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Well spotted. It sounded like a wall of noise to me and I was scratching my head trying to work out what they were playing. Everytime they went fast I was listening from memory rather than what I was hearing!

Really enjoyed Metallica though.

Yeah, the sound for The Sword and Machine Head was terrible.

I could see you, incidentally. I was up in the seating section behind you.