PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God - Wrath

b_halperin
02-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I wanted to give this album a few listens before writing a review. That said, i think that Lamb of God in no way comprimised on this album! It's so amazing, that it is only runner up to sacrament.
IMO:
1. Sacrament
2. Wrath
3. Ashes of the Wake
4. New American Gospel
5. As the Palaces Burn
(A very close race ^^)

Here is a personal track by track review:
1. This Passing - An epic opening to this masterpiece
2. In Your Words - The real opening to this album!!!! FUCKIN A+
3. Set To Fail - I really love Randy's vocal experimentation on this album, Sick riff also
4. Contractor - Brutal, just fucking brutal
5. Fake Messiah - Sick riff, and just another brutal song
6. Grace - BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM - BEAUTIFUL OPENING AND THE SICKEST RIFF ON THE ALBUM + SOLO
7. Broken Hands - The most pissed off song on the album, and fucking awesome verses and chorus
8. Dead Seeds - A headbanger every time
9. Everything to Nothing - My second favorite song. Great lyrics
10. Choke Sermon - I love the riff, and it's a sick song
11. Reclamation - FROM BLUEGRASS TO METAL, I FUCKING LOVE IT, AMAZING ENDING

Lamb of God is my favorite band. To me, they have never comprimised, they earned their success and I cannot wait to see them on April 3 at the Palladium. Fucking amazing band, amazing album, if you have not bought it yet..... FUCKING BUY IT!!!

5 stars. What do you think?

TonyD
02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
^Review void due to absence of As the Palaces Burn
Also, are you fucking kidding me?

IMO:
1. Sacrament
4. New American Gospel

b_halperin
02-26-2009, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=TonyD;203887]^Review void due to absence of As the Palaces Burn
[QUOTE]

chill, dont call me out for that shit everyone makes mistakes

MetalIsArt
02-27-2009, 12:00 AM
The songs I heard from Wrath sound promising, I might actually buy it lol.

TonyD
02-27-2009, 04:48 AM
[QUOTE=TonyD;203887]^Review void due to absence of As the Palaces Burn
[QUOTE]

chill, dont call me out for that shit everyone makes mistakes

You shouldn't be ordering Lamb of God's discography if you don't recall or haven't listened to one of their most relevant works.

b_halperin
02-27-2009, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE=b_halperin;203900][QUOTE=TonyD;203887]^Review void due to absence of As the Palaces Burn

You shouldn't be ordering Lamb of God's discography if you don't recall or haven't listened to one of their most relevant works.

i was deciding where to put it on the list so i figured id come back to it and i forgot. theyre my favorite band, its not like ive never heard of the album

Indestructible
03-01-2009, 10:14 AM
they need to re=record nag with the way he sings now

Derelict
03-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Saw them open for Dimmu/Corpse a long time ago and they did pretty much all of NAG, best time I've seen them.

TonyD
03-02-2009, 10:30 PM

I don't think so.
It kinda sucks that there are some cool riffs with dumbed down song structures.

jhdeity
05-01-2009, 08:01 AM

Couldn't agree more. I 1st saw LOG open for Shannon Larkin's band Amen. I grew up with Shannon and still jam the old Wrathchild cd's which he was a MONSTER on. If someone had told me the drummer in the opening act would blow Shannon off the stage I would have never believed it but that's exactly what happened. Chris Adler was incredible that night but the vocals were total shit. Couldn't understand a word so people jsut stood around. Granted no one had heard of LOG then but still. Add better vocals to Terror and Hubris, Subtle Art and even Black Label and those songs would be incredible. I prefer the Killadelphia versions of the NAG songs anyway

Br00tuldrumz
05-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Add better vocals to Terror and Hubris, Subtle Art and even Black Label and those songs would be incredible. I prefer the Killadelphia versions of the NAG songs anyway

Seconded, but basically just on those 3 songs. NAG was a good debut effort for them, but i really think they've matured a lot from it. I still like the opening riff of Subtle Arts, and Black Label is a LOG classic, but they've written a lot better material currently than of of the songs on that album.

I really enjoyed Wrath, but after trying extremely hard, I can't put LOGs discography in order of best -> worst. It's just not possible for me. If I could, Wrath would definitely be towards the top.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Seconded, but basically just on those 3 songs. NAG was a good debut effort for them, but i really think they've matured a lot from it. I still like the opening riff of Subtle Arts, and Black Label is a LOG classic, but they've written a lot better material currently than of of the songs on that album.

I really enjoyed Wrath, but after trying extremely hard, I can't put LOGs discography in order of best -> worst. It's just not possible for me. If I could, Wrath would definitely be towards the top.

I agree, NAG was just a stepping stone, now they are this behemoth of a band that makes fantastic music, and have just matured overall. Wrath would probably have to be my favorite LOG record, although Sacrament and Ashes aren't far behind, and quite frankly, neither is Palaces. NAG is an acquired taste for me, and I can't say I'm a big fan. A re-recording would be cool though, although I'm very content enough with the material they've been releasing recently! :party:

Br00tuldrumz
05-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I Wrath would probably have to be my favorite LOG record, although Sacrament and Ashes aren't far behind, and quite frankly, neither is Palaces.

I think LOG needs to put out a couple of crap albums in order to make it easier to put them in best -> worst order.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I think LOG needs to put out a couple of crap albums in order to make it easier to put them in best -> worst order.

I agree, but lets cross our fingers that that does not happen anytime soon :D

SomewhereInTime72
05-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Those albums would be their discography.

OH.

mastodon421
05-03-2009, 07:26 AM
This album is amazing. I agree about NAG its a stepping stone but its still a good record and they just went up from there. I would say my fave LOG record would be Ashes followed by Sacrament,Wrath and As The Places Burn with NAG being their worst but its still a good record.

Indestructible
05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
they need to rerecord nag with how he growls now. that way the lyrics can be understood

Br00tuldrumz
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Those albums would be their discography.

OH.

Didn't see that one coming.

Indestructible
05-04-2009, 05:06 PM
top five from wrath

Reclamation:rocker:
Broken Hands:rocker:
In your Words:rocker:
Dead seeds:rocker:
Fake messiah:rocker::punk::shred::metal::rockdevil

slipknot4ever24
06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
The Passing...8.7 (Great intro)
In Your Words...10!!!!!! (best song off the album) :rocker:
Set To Fail...9.7
Contractor...9.1
Grace...9.8
Fake Messiah...8.9
Broken Hands...9.9 :horns:
Dead Seeds...9.6
Everything to Nothing...7.9 (its okay)
Choke Sermon...8.0 (Also only okay)

Reclamation...10!!!! (HOLY FUCK) :drool:

Natrlhi
06-17-2009, 07:54 AM
These guys are very riffy...I give them that. :2cents:

Nat :horns:

nxtVH90
07-02-2009, 07:30 PM
In my opinion, I think Wrath is so far best album of 2009. However, I think that both Megadeth and Slayer will out-do them, but still. it's a great groove metal album. Lamb of God continue to get better and better with each album they release. I thought they couln't get much better when I first heard Sacrament a couple years ago. Wrath proved me wrong. It's an amazing album by an amazing band. Grace, Broken Hands, Contractor, Dead Seeds, Reclamation, etc. This is the first album since Formation Of Damnation that I've been able to listen to from start to finish without thinking that a couple songs on the album are shit. I recommend that every metalhead listens to this album if they have not already.

jhdeity
08-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Has anyone else gotten into the 3 bonus tracks from this cd? The 1st one We Die Alone is my least favorite but is still pretty solid. The other 2, Shoulder of Your God and Condemn the Hive are incredible. 2 of my favorite songs on the entire cd.

If you like Lamb of God I highly recommend checking those 2 tracks at least.

Indestructible
08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Has anyone else gotten into the 3 bonus tracks from this cd? The 1st one We Die Alone is my least favorite but is still pretty solid. The other 2, Shoulder of Your God and Condemn the Hive are incredible. 2 of my favorite songs on the entire cd.

If you like Lamb of God I highly recommend checking those 2 tracks at least.
Are those songs on Itunes yet.

jhdeity
08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Are those songs on Itunes yet.

I'm not sure. I have the Japanese Bonus Track version. My friend bought the vinyl and got 2 of the 3 songs on a finger drive. As good as these songs are I'm surprised they haven't re-released Wrath with the 3 tracks in the US.

Actually they are on the "Vault" disc of Hourglass that Lamb of God just released. My friend made me a copy of that disc and they're the 1st 3 tracks. I forgot I even had this disc. Jamming it now.

RustinPeace1113
08-14-2010, 11:45 PM
BY FAR the worst Lamb of God album.

daimonos
08-15-2010, 08:05 AM
BY FAR the worst Lamb of God album.

I'd say it's about even with Sacrament, if not better.

JLRedWing13
08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Ugh. A year and a half later and the album still sucks.