PDA

View Full Version : Dragonforce US Spring Tour

mankvill
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Dragonforce H8 Kansas City :( (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115198)

April 15 - House of Blues - Anaheim, CA
April 17 - Knitting Factory - Boise, IA
April 18 - Knitting Factory - Spokane, WA
April 19 - Wilma Theater - Missoula, MT
April 21 - The Venue at Playmakers - Fargo, ND
April 22 - Sokol Auditorium - Omaha, NE
April 24 - Pop's - Sauget, IL
April 25 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
April 26 - Bogarts - Cincinnati, OH
April 27 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH
April 28 - The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC
April 30 - Mr. Smalls - Millvale, PA
May 01 - Town Ballroom - Buffalo, NY
May 02 - The Intersection - Grand Rapids, MI
May 04 - Lupos at the Strand - Providence, RI
May 05 - Toad's Place - New Haven, CT
May 07 - Higher Ground - So. Burlington, VT
May 08 - Northern Lights - Clifton Park, NY
May 09 - Crocodile Rock - Allentown, PA
May 10 - The Norva - Norfolk, VA

I'm never going to get to see them. :(

Maiden33
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
May 09 - Crocodile Rock - Allentown, PA

BAHAHAHAHA.

I'm never going to get to see them. :(

You're not missing anything, seriously. They don't even come close to replicating the studio sound live, it's incredibly sloppy and the sameness of their songs really comes out in the live environment. I liked the first two albums enough to justify seeing them for $15, but it was the only show I ever walked out on.

mankvill
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
BAHAHAHAHA.

You're not missing anything, seriously. They don't even come close to replicating the studio sound live, it's incredibly sloppy and the sameness of their songs really comes out in the live environment. I liked the first two albums enough to justify seeing them for $15, but it was the only show I ever walked out on.

I really like all their albums. I'd still like to see 'em live at least once. :(

b_halperin
02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
They're amazing live. I'm currently in the process of convincing my parents to let me see them April 15, cuz its on a Wednesday :bouville:

Does anyone happen to know who their support acts are?

TonyD
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
If you're gonna complain about them not coming to Kansas, don't bother people on multiple sites.

Maiden33
02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
They're amazing live.

Not unless the band I saw 3 years ago was a band posing as Dragonforce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArpMprDmj54

mankvill
02-26-2009, 05:38 PM
If you're gonna complain about them not coming to Kansas, don't bother people on multiple sites.

No way. Suck it!

TonyD
02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
1 internet for you.

Derelict
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArpMprDmj54

that is classic

TonyD
02-26-2009, 05:49 PM
No way. Suck it!

Way. Move to an area with higher population density!

mankvill
02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Way. Move to an area with higher population density!

It's not the density that's the problem, it's the lack of interested people.

:(

Spiral_Slave
02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Man, people can hate on DragonForce as much as they want but they sounded great when I saw them this last tour. Maybe they cleaned up their live sound or something but they sounded good and were entertaining as hell.

rjturtle9
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
april 15th is the day after my birthday!!! i'm going for sure :rocker::rocker:

Wizzbang11
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
I have seen them multiple times, the first was amazing, and it was 4-5 years ago.
I saw them over the summer and they were not so good. Boring, I dunno, I just think they have lost it with the newly acquired 12 year old fanbase. One of them honestly had a guitar hero symbol on his guitar :tp:

TonyD
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
It's not the density that's the problem, it's the lack of interested people.

:(

Either way, you know what to do.

mankvill
02-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Either way, you know what to do.

Party hard :dance:

hot_turkey_ed
02-27-2009, 07:05 AM
They don't even come close to replicating the studio sound live, it's incredibly sloppy and the sameness of their songs really comes out in the live environment. I liked the first two albums enough to justify seeing them for $15....

I'd like to second this. I've seen Dragonforce, first at Ozzfest and then at a show in Los Angeles at the Wiltern. The Ozzfest set was short and fantasic... loved it. No complaints and I wanted to hear a longer set. Be careful what you wish for... the longer set in Los Angeles was horrible for the exact reasons you've mentioned. I left asking why I enjoyed them so much at Ozzfest. :wtf:

mankvill
02-27-2009, 08:00 AM
I'd like to second this. I've seen Dragonforce, first at Ozzfest and then at a show in Los Angeles at the Wiltern. The Ozzfest set was short and fantasic... loved it. No complaints and I wanted to hear a longer set. Be careful what you wish for... the longer set in Los Angeles was horrible for the exact reasons you've mentioned. I left asking why I enjoyed them so much at Ozzfest. :wtf:

I've heard they they've sucked live, but lately I've also heard that they've gotten much better live. I guess I'll just have to (eventually) find out for myself. One day. :(

Akumu
02-27-2009, 10:25 AM

Yeah, I have a bunch of friends who saw them at Ozzfest and said they were excellent, while a different friend saw them at a club show and said they weren't great. Wonder what happened there.

At any rate, I might go out to the Providence show to meet up with a friend, depending on the quality of the opening acts. :)

JuuKun
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I might be at the Providence show, depending on who the opening bands end up being. I honestly can't remember much of their Ozzfest set except that almost the entire crowd was sitting down (except a handful of people, including me), and now everyone loves them. :tp:

b_halperin
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM

i was at the wiltern show. they kicked ass!! also they had amazing support acts

Derelict
02-27-2009, 03:06 PM
i'd go again if turisas opened again. I would also leave after turisas, again

Akumu
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
i'd go again if turisas opened again. I would also leave after turisas, again

A shame they'll be touring with Cradle of Filth in Europe at the time...

Div
02-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I think DRAGONFORCE is a pretty cool guy. eh plays guitars fast and doesn't afraid of anything.

powerslave_85
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArpMprDmj54Ahahaha! That was pretty fucking dreadful (referring to their live playing, but also to O'RLY's hair).

mankvill
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh now what the hell (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115648)

Dragonforce
Daath
Cynic

JuuKun
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Sweet. I guess I'm going to see Cynic, now! :) What with it being in Providence, and all...

Probably leave before DF, though.

TonyD
03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm glad there's not a bay area date, so I don't have to contemplate going to this.
Who fucking thought of this lineup, and why would Paul even agree to touring with Dragonforce?

JRA
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm glad there's not a bay area date, so I don't have to contemplate going to this.
Who fucking thought of this lineup, and why would Paul even agree to touring with Dragonforce?

:money: :money: :money: :money:

overkiller
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
:money: :money: :money: :money:

The unfortunate truth. :(

mankvill
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM

Herman Li could teach Cynic a thing or two.

ohshi-*runs*

Sinfulsot
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
This would give me a good excuse to check out Cynic. 'specially with all you folks raving about them.

i was previously contemplating Paganfest in manhat on the same date, but going local might be the way to go.

JRA
03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
The unfortunate truth. :(

Which I don't necessarily mean as an insult. Maybe Cynic could snag a few converts in the process.

TonyD
03-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Herman Li could teach Cynic a thing or two.

ohshi-*runs*

I'm sure.

This would give me a good excuse to check out Cynic. 'specially with all you folks raving about them.

Check out Focus, going to see them live wouldn't be the best way to hear them for the first time.

Which I don't necessarily mean as an insult. Maybe Cynic could snag a few converts in the process.

I think keeping the Dragonforce fans to Dragonforce would be choice.

SomewhereInTime72
03-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Oh wow, funny turn of events.

DethMaiden
03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
FUCK NOW I MIGHT GO