PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Listen To Music?

Div
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
So on average how much time per day do you spend listening to music? Only count music that you choose to listen to, the radio playing in Walmart doesn't count.

EDIT: btw poll is anonymous so don't not vote if you're embarrassed to be a casual listener.

ravenheart
02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Easily over four hours. I have a two-hour (roughly) commute to work and listen to my mp3 player all the way.

Plus whatever listening I do when I get home, and some in the office too.

JRA
02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I feel like I'm listening to less and less each day out of lack of interest or lack of situations I feel appropriate. :(

Maiden33
02-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Every possible moment. I have music on all the time. I play music when I'm in the shower, doing the dishes, doing various work around the house, walking or driving anywhere, and browsing online. It's a massive part of my daily life. If I'm around the house and not listening to music, I'm probably playing or writing it myself.

Sinfulsot
02-20-2009, 05:32 PM
at werk is where i do most of my listening, be it some online stream or whatever band(s) i am about to see live.

at home, not so much.

in the car, is usually the least, but it depends. the commute to werk is like 10 minutes, so it makes no difference if there is silence or not. if it's a long drive, i am not opposed to silence, but there is usually something on.

SirLardsAlot
02-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Does playing Rock Band count? Because I play that pretty much every day, and that's alot of music :-P

mankvill
02-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I blast it on the drive to school
Listen to it on my Zune while walking to class
Blast it on the way home
Play it on my computer (unless I'm playing a game)

So definitely more than 4 hours ;)

DethMaiden
02-20-2009, 06:22 PM
As often as possible. All drives. At work. At home during homework and reading. So I'd say 4+ on average.

SomewhereInTime72
02-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Depends, on certain days, I really only can manage to listen to music for about an hour. On other days maybe 2 and a half sounds right. And there are days where I manage to listen to a LOT and LOT of music (days where I stay home and chill during the day, blastin' shit and then I go out at night, which means a train commute ;)). In fact those three types of days pretty much make up my entire listening habits in equal divisions (in the school year, when schools out I have a lot more of the latter type days, or other cause I often work with music on).

edit: Voted 2-4, 'cause I figure 3 hours is about average.

JuuKun
02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I almost always have music playing in the background when I'm home, and when I'm driving or walking anywhere it's always playing.

So, definitely over four hours.

powerslave_85
02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Probably 4+ hours, depending on the day.

rjturtle9
02-20-2009, 08:52 PM
i don't really know how much i listen to music, maybe in the 2-4 hrs area. i'm listening to it right now though :D

derangedperson
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Usually 2-4 hours, but can easily stretch to more if I'm listening to a couple of double-disc albums back to back.

es156
02-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Easily more than 4 hours.

ADD
02-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Either the 2-4 hour or 4+ depending on the day. I'd say the lowest I ever go would be around 2 hours.

idrinkwine732
02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Easily 1 hr on the way to and from school, I listen to at least three hours at home, and then another hour or two when I work out.

ChildrenofSodom
02-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Wow.....why were you browsing, and posting in, threads from 2 years ago? :eyes:

DisposableJustice
02-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Roughly 2 hours a day; I listen to my iPod while walking to work and also when I go out walking elsewhere; also in my apartment to let off steam:rocker:

Wizzbang11
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Probably 1-2 hours in school (art, independent working during class etc.), 4-5 hours when I get home.

IrritatedTrout
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
2 to 4 hours. Whenever I drive anywhere, whenever I work out, and whenever I'm on the computer.

larvtard
02-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Strangely, I don't even listen to music most of the time when I'm on the computer. I'm reading about music :allan:
With that said, 30 min to school, 30 min from school, and perhaps an hour or two at home if I'm lucky. But I did work all last week, so I didn't have much time either.

On the weekends I listen a lot more though.

ChildrenofSodom
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
When you can't beat em, join em: 4+. At least an hour in the morning, cumulative hour between classes, at least an hour of watching videos, and my Pandora is usually on all evening when I'm doing homework. And I listen to my iPod to help me go to sleep sometimes.

My casual music is my minor key country mix on Pandora, but I listen to metal when I get into certain moods and when I'm on the move.

idrinkwine732
02-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow.....why were you browsing, and posting in, threads from 2 years ago? :eyes:

I wasn't.

Someone must have voted in the poll, bumping it. I didn't even know it was from 2 years ago till you said so.

daimonos
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, about 6 hours in school (:lol:)
then probably around another 4 hours at night on nights that i don't work. That includes computer, driving, hangin out with friends. Then whenever I go to bed, however long it takes to me fall asleep.

Maybe about 10 hours on average. I just realized how much I actually listen to music lol. wow.

MPF
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
AS much as I possibly. I'd say 98% of the year I listen or play music well over 4 hours a day.

Even more so lately since I have to learn 9 songs for my new band, Tears of Ash *info in the Starving Musicians section* It is hard music to learn on drums. 210bpm, untriggered double bass is damn hard.

Dextrimental
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
between 1 and 6, depending on what I'm doing that day. Including playing music, thats half my week gone already most of the time!

jd091
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I would say its around 2-3 hours for me, but it varies every day. If I work out, thats a solid hour of metal. Lamb of God is almost always involved in some sort of fashion. Going to and from classes I blast a different band. If I'm on my PC, I'm probably blasting metal if I'm not reading something.

Over the summer it was probably around 5-6 hours a day because I was in hardcore World of Warcraft mode. :eyes: With classes back, I can't listen to any type of music while working or studying to save my life, unless its some early baroque classical. Nothing intense, like Beethoven. And now that I have a significant lady friend in my life... That usually takes precedence over being by myself and listening to music. I gotta listen to at least 30-60 minutes of music every night to help fall asleep, but that's usually some Scale The Summit, Pelican, or Russian Circles: good instrumental music that calms me down.

And for all you Chicagoans: Riding the El is the best time to blast metal, and scare older people as well as homeless black guys. :D

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I pretty much never stop listening to music. It makes every situation better.

ChildrenofSodom
02-07-2011, 05:17 AM
I wasn't.

Someone must have voted in the poll, bumping it. I didn't even know it was from 2 years ago till you said so.

Ah, my bad dude.

mastodon421
02-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I'd say 2-4 hours depending on the day.

Crionics
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Usually 1-2 during school days.
2-4 During busy weekends.
4+ During Summer, free weekends, and holidays.

I voted 4+ :D

larvtard
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Well, about 6 hours in school (:lol:)

How do ya pull that off? Are your teachers lax about it or something? My school is strict as hell about that stuff :bouville:

Also, just realized that I'm easily able to take notes from my textbook when I'm listening to death metal, black metal, etc. just because the songs aren't very memorable by themselves and they tend to blend into each other. Basically, it's just cool-sounding background music to me. With other forms of metal, though, I find it pretty difficult to concentrate on either task.

idrinkwine732
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Usually 1-2 during school days.
2-4 During busy weekends.
4+ During Summer, free weekends, and holidays.

I voted 4+ :D

I can get anywhere from 2-12 on free weekends/summer/holidays, depending on how busy I am.

daimonos
02-09-2011, 01:22 PM
How do ya pull that off? Are your teachers lax about it or something? My school is strict as hell about that stuff :bouville:

My teachers are supposed to be strict about it, and alot of them are, but not so much in the classes I have. I only have four classes a day, and I can't listen to music during my first period class. My second and fourth class teachers just don't care, I keep one ear bud in and listen and contribute to the class still. My third period is Art, and thats more independent work, so my teacher doesn't care. I haven't been this lucky the whole time I've been in high school though. Honestly I work better with music, or at least I think I do.

LAXdef16
02-17-2011, 07:39 AM

Also, just realized that I'm easily able to take notes from my textbook when I'm listening to death metal, black metal, etc. just because the songs aren't very memorable by themselves and they tend to blend into each other. Basically, it's just cool-sounding background music to me. With other forms of metal, though, I find it pretty difficult to concentrate on either task.

I know. I'll start singing along if it's anything else

Div
02-21-2011, 10:40 PM
:blaze:

w00tasaurus
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Probably around 8 hours a day when I'm home, I never have a silent moment.

adamclark52
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I'd say probably 2-4 hours, unless I'm wearing my iPod at work, then it's probably close to 6 or 7.