PDA

View Full Version : 2009

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jhdeity
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Just clownin'

This thread is cool as all hell cuz I have at least 20 things to check out when I get home. I know I'm going to have LMFAO - Party Rock in my Top 20 so I expect a little flaming but The Flaming Lips are horrid and that needed to be pointed out.

I said it, I meant it and I'm here to Represent it! -- Hank Moody

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm kinda bored today and was scanning through the 50 pages this topic has generated and the Lamb of God bashing is baffeling to me.

How can someone worship Gwar and Cannibal Corpse and bag on Lamb of God as Macho, tough guy music? That is so fukkin hypocritical and childish that it blows my mind. Were these people beaten up by guys that wore Lamb of God shirts or something? It makes zero sense to me. I'm not bagging on these other bands just using them as examples.

Wrath will definitely be in my Top 5 of 2009 and with no clear #1 (I'm hoping Slayer) it could wind up at the top. I met and hung out with more bands this year than any time in my life and Lamb of God were by far the coolest guys of the bands I mentioned and anyone in all reality.

Why has it become trendy to hate on Lamb of God on this site? I see setlists of bands that are singing about kissing in the fukkin moonlight and other stupid girly shit and Lamb of God is the band they bash on? Something is ass-backwards here that's all I'm sayin.

And last but not least... if you bag on Lamb of God and admit to buying a Flaming Lips cd you are an EPIC FAILURE of major proportions! hahaha

taaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa nnnngerinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

Aww, poor guy. I don't just hate Lamb of God! I hate every band in your signature!

jhdeity
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Tegan and Sara called and said BuaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

mankvill
10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm kinda bored today and was scanning through the 50 pages this topic has generated and the Lamb of God bashing is baffeling to me.

How can someone worship Gwar and Cannibal Corpse and bag on Lamb of God as Macho, tough guy music? That is so fukkin hypocritical and childish that it blows my mind. Were these people beaten up by guys that wore Lamb of God shirts or something? It makes zero sense to me. I'm not bagging on these other bands just using them as examples.

Wrath will definitely be in my Top 5 of 2009 and with no clear #1 (I'm hoping Slayer) it could wind up at the top. I met and hung out with more bands this year than any time in my life and Lamb of God were by far the coolest guys of the bands I mentioned and anyone in all reality.

Why has it become trendy to hate on Lamb of God on this site? I see setlists of bands that are singing about kissing in the fukkin moonlight and other stupid girly shit and Lamb of God is the band they bash on? Something is ass-backwards here that's all I'm sayin.

And last but not least... if you bag on Lamb of God and admit to buying a Flaming Lips cd you are an EPIC FAILURE of major proportions! hahaha

taaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa nnnngerinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

Cannibal Corpse has repeatedly stated that the stuff they sing about and their artwork is based on fantasy and it's basically a horror movie in song.

Lamb of God is the type of band who's like "YEAH, I KNOW IT'S A TOUGH LIFE BUT FUCK EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOU, YOU'RE JUST THAT MUCH TOUGHER! YEAH LET'S SEE A FUCKING PIT WITH SOME BLOOD!" because Randy Blythe and all his bandmates are tough guy douchebags. And to call GWAR tough guys is just flat-out silly.

And next time Flaming Lips make a CD as shitty as Sacrament or Wrath, I'll be sure to slag on them too, but I don't think Wayne Coyne is introducing flat-brimmbed baseball caps, basketball jerseys, and shitty breakdowns to his music anytime so Flaming Lips > Lamb of God, nice try though. :tongue:

edit: Just because band members are cool doesn't mean they make good music. I've hung out with Devildriver, and they're cool people. Doesn't mean their music is any better. And what the fuck are you talking about when you say lyrics about kissing in the moonlight?

edit edit: I think someone's just butthurt because they finally realize how unbelievably shitty Lamb of God really is and is lashing out at other bands that are seemingly easy targets. I'm pretty certain almost every member of this board would choose Flaming Lips over Lamb of God. :D

edit edit edit: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1097/wenis.gif

mankvill
10-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Just clownin'

This thread is cool as all hell cuz I have at least 20 things to check out when I get home. I know I'm going to have LMFAO - Party Rock in my Top 20 so I expect a little flaming but The Flaming Lips are horrid and that needed to be pointed out.

I said it, I meant it and I'm here to Represent it! -- Hank Moody

LOL

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Lamb of God is the type of band who's like "YEAH, I KNOW IT'S A TOUGH LIFE BUT FUCK EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOU, YOU'RE JUST THAT MUCH TOUGHER! YEAH LET'S SEE A FUCKING PIT WITH SOME BLOOD!" because Randy Blythe and all his bandmates are tough guy douchebags. And to call GWAR tough guys is just flat-out silly.

And next time Flaming Lips make a CD as shitty as Sacrament or Wrath, I'll be sure to slag on them too, but I don't think Wayne Coyne is introducing flat-brimmbed baseball caps, basketball jerseys, and shitty breakdowns to his music anytime so Flaming Lips > Lamb of God, nice try though. :tongue:

Man that is so ignorant to say. They've never said anything remotely like that, just exaggerating it makes it seem like they have and because they take themselves seriously is such a crime. SO many fucking bands do that it's amusingly hypocritical of you to say that they are tough guy douchebags, yet you rag on them specifically.

And fucking flat brimmed baseball caps, basketball jerseys? Do you realize you are not even a slightest bit correct? They don't wear those fucking gangster fag caps, and you want to talk jerseys talk to Jeff Hanneman and Rob Trujillo, its all they fucking wear. Such an ignorant statement, so fucking stupid. If its socially acceptable to rag on a band like Lamb of God which are doing nothing wrong but taking themselves seriously and telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days, then I'm sure it should be safe to say that so much music listened to on this board is beyond gay, and some of your tastes are extremely questionable and valid for mockery.

Edit: And I don't care what the fuck people think of me on this board for my musical tastes/all the shit I'm damned well going to get just "err i'm butthurt that LOG are gay, tough guys, fagg, go wear a wife-beater buy a truck bulllshit. Opinions are one thing, ignorance and blatant stupid comments are another.

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days

I'm not on your side, but most of that was valid. Except for this. Not a fact whatsoever. I've never seen a band I like tell a crowd to mosh, and I see a lot of bands.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not on your side, but most of that was valid. Except for this. Not a fact whatsoever. I've never seen a band I like tell a crowd to mosh, and I see a lot of bands.

Fair enough, I can admit that maybe not EVERY metal band does, but a REAL fair amount do (Warbringer, Behemoth, Exodus, Kreator [hell, Kreator tell people to kill each other during Riot of Violence!]). So seriously, cut some slack, please.

Dextrimental
10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Man that is so ignorant to say. They've never said anything remotely like that, just exaggerating it makes it seem like they have and because they take themselves seriously is such a crime. SO many fucking bands do that it's amusingly hypocritical of you to say that they are tough guy douchebags, yet you rag on them specifically.

And fucking flat brimmed baseball caps, basketball jerseys? Do you realize you are not even a slightest bit correct? They don't wear those fucking gangster fag caps, and you want to talk jerseys talk to Jeff Hanneman and Rob Trujillo, its all they fucking wear. Such an ignorant statement, so fucking stupid. If its socially acceptable to rag on a band like Lamb of God which are doing nothing wrong but taking themselves seriously and telling people to mosh at shows which practically EVERY new metal band does now in days, then I'm sure it should be safe to say that so much music listened to on this board is beyond gay, and some of your tastes are extremely questionable and valid for mockery.

Edit: And I don't care what the fuck people think of me on this board for my musical tastes/all the shit I'm damned well going to get just "err i'm butthurt that LOG are gay, tough guys, fagg, go wear a wife-beater buy a truck bulllshit. Opinions are one thing, ignorance and blatant stupid comments are another.

This. And I love Lamb of God, and would EASILY count the flaming lips higher than Lamb of God. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and its metal, most metal bands have a tough guy image :)

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM

I rag on Lamb of God specifically because their stupid redneck tough guy bullshit attitude is the one reaching to the most Nascar fans looking for a way into metal. I would've done the same thing back in the '90's with Pantera. And no shit that Lamb of God the band doesn't wear those stupid clothes, but have you ever seen a Lamb of God audience?

And go ahead and question my tastes, I can back them up because at the end of the day, I don't like Lamb of God because I don't like shitty metalcore. Your move, pardner. :allan:

SomewhereInTime72
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3686/tsukasacry.gif

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM

i lol'd

IrritatedTrout
10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
LoG is one of those bands that, to me, is just there. I don't hate 'em, I don't like 'em, I just know they're out there. I saw them a couple days ago and I gotta say that the only one emitting the tough guy attitude LoG is often cited for was the singer (Blythe?). The old gray-bearded bassist definitely wasn't and neither were the guitarists.

There's better, there's worse, and I don't really understand the polarizing effect they have on people.
:2cents:

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:23 PM
LoG is one of those bands that, to me, is just there. I don't hate 'em, I don't like 'em, I just know they're out there. I saw them a couple days ago and I gotta say that the only one emitting the tough guy attitude LoG is often cited for was the singer (Blythe?). The old gray-bearded bassist definitely wasn't and neither were the guitarists.

There's better, there's worse, and I don't really understand the polarizing effect they have on people.
:2cents:

I don't like them because to me, they are making mediocre, average music for mediocre, average music fans. And those fans eat it up because it's easy and accessible, which makes room for more mediocre, average bands to spring up in their wake. Their average fan are too busy foaming at the mouth defending their by-the-numbers music to go out and actively search for better music, so Lamb of God's rise to the top will keep going until they're headlining arena tours.

edit: I'm glad this argument is here rather than, say, the Mayhem Fest forums, because if you don't like Lamb of God there, they'll just call you gay.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I rag on Lamb of God specifically because their stupid redneck tough guy bullshit attitude is the one reaching to the most Nascar fans looking for a way into metal. I would've done the same thing back in the '90's with Pantera. And no shit that Lamb of God the band doesn't wear those stupid clothes, but have you ever seen a Lamb of God audience?

And go ahead and question my tastes, I can back them up because at the end of the day, I don't like Lamb of God because I don't like shitty metalcore. Your move, pardner. :allan:

Well they don't do that, that's just your opinion, and a terrible generalization to make, and your not stupid, you know that to some degree. And yes, I have seen a Lamb of God audience, I am one of those people, and I am not like that at all, nor are half the people. Look at the fucking audience to a Metallica show, now THERE is your redneck audience. Scumbags in my experience.

And if you were to question mine, feel free, because I can back myself up cause at the end of the day, I don't like Peelander-Z and Blink-182/Weezer and MC Chris or any of that gay shit. And if you will continue to ignorantly bash on LOG, don't call them metalcore, because LOG sound NOTHING like As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, August Burns Red, etc. except for the fact that they have breakdowns (which OMG so do Kreator, Exodus, Testament, Overkill, Iced Earth, Behemoth, woaah!!)

Edit: I won't go and question your tastes til you go question mine, which you've already done, but I'm not that kind of person anyway. You can like all the tastes you want, just don't go calling my love of Lamb of God stupid and redneck-like when you have no credibility behind it and knowing damned well the fact that we have much similarity in musical tastes.

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
And if you were to question mine, feel free, because I can back myself up cause at the end of the day, I don't like Peelander-Z and Blink-182/Weezer and MC Chris or any of that gay shit. And if you will continue to ignorantly bash on LOG, don't call them metalcore, because LOG sound NOTHING like As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, August Burns Red, etc. except for the fact that they have breakdowns (which OMG so do Kreator, Exodus, Testament, Overkill, Iced Earth, Behemoth, woaah!!)

Lol.

Lamb of God have an abundance of breakdowns, terrible lyrics, and anyone who is a big fan of them has terrible taste in music, so pretty much everything you throw at me is easily refutable because, lol, you like Lamb of God.

Don't get mad at us just because you have terrible taste, bro. ;)

"So Goddamn easy to write this,
You make it spill off the page.
So drunk on yourself, self-righteous,
A laughing stock of your own fucking stage.

Oh but I ain't one to call names,
Or throw stones in a house of glass,
You try me.

This is a motherfuckin' invitation,
The only one you could ever need.
You try me."

lol, not tough guy music at all.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Lol.

Lamb of God have an abundance of breakdowns, terrible lyrics, and anyone who is a big fan of them has terrible taste in music, so pretty much everything you throw at me is easily refutable because, lol, you like Lamb of God.

Don't get mad at us just because you have terrible taste, bro. ;)

"So Goddamn easy to write this,
You make it spill off the page.
So drunk on yourself, self-righteous,
A laughing stock of your own fucking stage.

Oh but I ain't one to call names,
Or throw stones in a house of glass,
You try me.

The only one you could ever need.
You try me."

lol, not tough guy music at all.

Jesus Christ, one song, and it's not even that tough guy. Go look up any other metal band lyrics, TOUGH GUY LYRICS. What the fuck do you think metal is made of? Seriously, "Forward March" by Exodus, "Prevail" by Kataklsym, your argument fails miserably, and ANYONE hear can attest that not only LOG write "tough guy" lyrics.

Fact is, no matter how much bias there can be on a fucking internet forum site about metal music, MANY people on this board would find my musical tastes for the most part to be just fine, whether they would admit it or not. And concerning your first bolded statement, thanks for proving your ignorance. That's all I was trying to prove :D

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_715363/200807/1216615275_800px-Lamb_of_God-0358-Randy_Blythe.jpg

Come on bro.

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Jesus Christ, one song, and it's not even that tough guy. Go look up any other metal band lyrics, TOUGH GUY LYRICS. What the fuck do you think metal is made of? Seriously, "Forward March" by Exodus, "Prevail" by Kataklsym, your argument fails miserably, and ANYONE hear can attest that not only LOG write "tough guy" lyrics.

Fact is, no matter how much bias there can be on a fucking internet forum site about metal music, MANY people on this board would find my musical tastes for the most part to be just fine, whether they would admit it or not. And concerning your first bolded statement, thanks for proving your ignorance. That's all I was trying to prove :D

You hate on mc chris because "zomg rap"
You hate on Weezer even though they have two of the most critically acclaimed albums of the 90s. But you heard them on your Top 40 Radio station once, so they must be gay.
You hate on Peelander-Z because you don't like fun.
You can hate on blink-182, it's a guilty pleasure. ;)

I'm just proving that you have shitty taste, bro! It's okay.

And I dunno why you keep using Exodus, they're not one of my favorite bands. :confused: They are pretty tough guy douchebags too. And Exodus has The Toxic Waltz so that pretty much puts their level miles above LoG. When LoG write a song not dripping with faggoty attitude, we'll see how fun it is then.

mastodon421
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Cannibal Corpse has repeatedly stated that the stuff they sing about and their artwork is based on fantasy and it's basically a horror movie in song.

edit: Just because band members are cool doesn't mean they make good music. I've hung out with Devildriver, and they're cool people. Doesn't mean their music is any better. And what the fuck are you talking about when you say lyrics about kissing in the moonlight?

edit edit: I think someone's just butthurt because they finally realize how unbelievably shitty Lamb of God really is and is lashing out at other bands that are seemingly easy targets. I'm pretty certain almost every member of this board would choose Flaming Lips over Lamb of God. :D

edit edit edit: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1097/wenis.gif

Wow what an untrue and stupid rant. LOG Flat-brimmed hats and breakdowns nice try and im pretty sure you gave them an 8/10 on your review of their show. Plus dont go shitting on everyone when you have Dragonforce listed as your best live performance of the year. I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinon and i realize that i like some bands that a lot of people on here loathe but im just pointing out that's kind of stupid and pretty false rant.

Edit: I do realize that LOG has breakdowns and they have some tough guy lyrics but does that really make any one who likes them have terrible taste in music. Pretty ignorant statement i think.

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow what an untrue and stupid rant. LOG Flat-brimmed hats and breakdowns nice try and im pretty sure you gave them an 8/10 on your review of their show. Plus dont go shitting on everyone when you have Dragonforce listed as your best live performance of the year. I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinon and i realize that i like some bands that a lot of people on here loathe but im just pointing out that's kind of stupid and pretty false rant.

late to the party as always I see, eh mastodon421?

edit: bashing dragonforce and praising lamb of god in the same post. lol.

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Alright guys this is fun and all but I don't want the 2009 thread to get closed it's an awesome thread. :snivel:

mastodon421
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Yep as usual i am late to the party:D I just read that wonderful rant and felt inclined to reply back. BTW Dragonforce sucks balls IMO im sorry. They are talented but their vocalist/lyrics are fucking god awful.

mankvill
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Yep as usual i am late to the party:D I just read that wonderful rant and felt inclined to reply back. BTW Dragonforce sucks balls IMO im sorry. They are talented but their vocalist/lyrics are fucking god awful.

to each their own, bro!

I'll let this be my final statement: Calling the Flaming Lips gay while praising Lamb of God is, in my opinion, hilarious. The end.

Dextrimental
10-20-2009, 02:41 PM
to each their own, bro!

I'll let this be my final statement: Calling the Flaming Lips gay while praising Lamb of God is, in my opinion, hilarious. The end.

Guess u forgot to include that the first time eh??

That bein said, think im close to putting together my top five for the year, Slayer might change it though.

mankvill
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Guess u forgot to include that the first time eh??

That bein said, think im close to putting together my top five for the year, Slayer might change it though.

:lol: i'm not the one who started the drama.

Dextrimental
10-20-2009, 02:53 PM
:lol: i'm not the one who started the drama.

You're not, but you didn't help it ;)

That said, it was funny reading all your childish complaints about each others personal opinions. Passed some time while my bassist was doing recordings in the other room :D

Indestructible
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
to each their own, bro!

Flaming lips are gay and LOG should be praised. LOG has the greatest growler ever. unlike other metal band today you can actually understand the growling with out reading the lyrics 100 times before you understand it.

Dextrimental
10-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Flaming lips are gay and LOG should be praised. LOG has the greatest growler ever. unlike other metal band today you can actually understand the growling with out reading the lyrics 100 times before you understand it.

Dude, I love Lamb of God, but this argument is done!!

(thats me politely saying shut it before it starts again!)

mankvill
10-20-2009, 05:31 PM

It's all good, we know what to expect from Indestructible nowadays. :lol:

I wish Hasting's would man up and stock ChthoniC's new album so I can hear it. :mad:

idrinkwine732
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Anyone know when the new Necrophagist is coming out?

mankvill
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM

I have an old Terrorizer Magazine that said it was coming out in October.

Of 2007.

:hecho:

idrinkwine732
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
So pretty much never?

SomewhereInTime72
10-20-2009, 07:56 PM
So pretty much never?

Probably will come out once Wintersun's new album does.

.....:(

Natrlhi
10-20-2009, 08:06 PM

I talked to Necrophagist's merch guy at the Summer Slaughter Tour last summer - and he said that the tour itself had delayed the album's release significantly. Necrophagist hadn't planned on being part of the tour this year, but the label basically hounded the shit out of them / forced them to do it, so what was once a Summer 2009 target for the album release is now "early 2010", by the best estimations of the guy I talked to (who admittedly was only guessing). He said that thanks to the tour, the writing for the album hadn't even been finished yet as of that point in time (July).

Necrophagist is like High on Fire, and to a lesser extent, Slayer. They don't seem to say shit about new albums until they are almost ready to release.

idrinkwine732
10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I've had Epitaph for a long time and it jusssttt now is getting sorta stale, great as it is. I would really really have liked to see a release in 09 to go with all of the other great metal this year, but eh, I guess it happens.

MPF
10-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Freak Kitchen- Land Of The Freaks

Zappa and influenced Progressive Rock/Progressive Metal. Just came out yesterday. Very killer stuff.

jhdeity
10-21-2009, 05:30 AM
I made my point. if you're going to bash on one of the best metal bands out there on a metal setlist site you need to get called out. LOG is bashed more than ANY other band on here and it's pure unadulterated faggotry. nuff said'

That being said I saw the weirdest fukkin bill last night. I was hoping to be exposed to some new shit and I wound up laughing so hard it hurt. I respect musicians and I rarely bag on a band when I'm seeing them live but last night I saw 2 of the worst opening acts in the history of music.

Mutiny Within opened the show and if Steve Perry and Yngwie had a band it would be them. 2 of the 6 songs weren't hateful but the others were horrid. Seriously if you have to have a keyboard player don't show us the keys and have "key" breakdowns. FAIL!

Cattle Decapitation was flat out hilarious. Seriously every other word was EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE We threw up the "Shocker E" every time he sang EEEEEEEEEEEEE and it made the 30 minutes so much more tolerable. One of the 5 worst bands I've ever been subjected to. The guitarist was entertaining to watch but the vocals were the worst ever. Monumental FAIL!

Prong started off well then played too much plodding new shit and lost the crowd. Play more shit off Beg to Differ and Force Fed.

Soulfly absolutely killed it. Mark Rizzo is a monster and his stage presence is unmatched. They did 3 Sepultura tunes and the place went nuts for them. Inctredible energy and fast as hell.

The moral of the story is the only new music I was turned onto was new Soulfly and it was so brutal and fast that I'm now thinking that cd might make my top 20 after only hearing a few tunes. Who woulda thunk it?

powerslave_85
10-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Now that I've heard just about everything I'd been waiting on this year, I think I'm almost ready to put together my final list. Converge and Tegan & Sara were by no means disappointing, but neither of them were able to topple Propagandhi. I'm just not sure where I'll end up putting those two on the list yet.

Dextrimental
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Propaghandi are playin Dublin soon with Protest the Hero, weird line up eh??

Listening to the newer Nofx, awesome record, wont break my top ten, but very good stuff :D

jhdeity
10-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Wow that is a strange combination. Hoenstly if Protest the Hero had better vocals they would be one of my favorite bands. That bass player is beastly!

Dextrimental
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow that is a strange combination. Hoenstly if Protest the Hero had better vocals they would be one of my favorite bands. That bass player is beastly!

I cant who the opening band are but they're a punk band too, so protest the hero are gonna sound weird on the night.. theyre playin a tiny venue though so it will be a fun show :D haha I kinda like Protest the Hero, they're all awesome musicians, I just have a love hate relationship with mathcore ;)

mastodon421
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM

I saw a bulletin on Lambgoat a couple of weeks ago that said April 2010.

mankvill
10-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I saw a bulletin on Lambgoat a couple of weeks ago that said April 2010.

Soooooo, December 2012?

SomewhereInTime72
10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
http://www.myspace.com/pelican

New pelican album is streaming now! I'm listening now and it's really nice.

Natrlhi
10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.myspace.com/pelican

New pelican album is streaming now! I'm listening now and it's really nice.

It also leaked a couple of weeks ago, for those so inclined. :eyes:

...and yes, it is very good. They did a lot of experimenting on this new album - lots of collaboration with other musicians & such. There was a really good article where one of the band members (Laurent, maybe?) broke down what went into the making of each song, but I don't remember where I read it. I'll try to find a link and post it here later...

EDIT: Here it is: http://blog.indiepit.com/2009/08/19/pelican-frontman-riffs-about-guest-filled-new-album/

EDIT 2: They did one for the new Russian Circles, too - here it is: http://blog.indiepit.com/2009/09/17/exclusive-russian-circles-track-by-track-tour-of-geneva/

MPF
10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm waiting till Tuesday but how is BTBAM's The Great Misdirect?

I'm sure somebody has a review of it by now...

powerslave_85
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Honestly, I was pretty disappointed on the first listen. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I don't see it being a top 10 album.

SomewhereInTime72
10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
It also leaked a couple of weeks ago, for those so inclined. :eyes:

...and yes, it is very good. They did a lot of experimenting on this new album - lots of collaboration with other musicians & such. There was a really good article where one of the band members (Laurent, maybe?) broke down what went into the making of each song, but I don't remember where I read it. I'll try to find a link and post it here later...

EDIT: Here it is: http://blog.indiepit.com/2009/08/19/pelican-frontman-riffs-about-guest-filled-new-album/

EDIT 2: They did one for the new Russian Circles, too - here it is: http://blog.indiepit.com/2009/09/17/exclusive-russian-circles-track-by-track-tour-of-geneva/
Ah, I had no idea. Such news doesn't spread around on official sites much. :tongue:

Yeah, I really like it. Way different from the last full-length. That article was a good read, too. :cool:

MPF
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Honestly, I was pretty disappointed on the first listen. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I don't see it being a top 10 album.

Woah, Really? Hopefully it's a grower.

mastodon421
10-22-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm waiting till Tuesday but how is BTBAM's The Great Misdirect?

I'm sure somebody has a review of it by now...

I listened to it last night and I was blown away. It might be my album of the year.

MPF
10-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I listened to it last night and I was blown away. It might be my album of the year.

That's the review I was expecting. :rocker:

Indestructible
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM

Guess i was late but i wanted to have my input.

DethMaiden
10-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Okay, so I've heard twelve albums that I want to cram into my top ten, and there's still a handful of albums from this year I haven't heard yet, three of which have a fighting chance of being great (The Red Chord, Nile, Katatonia). This is getting ridiculous.

mankvill
10-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I only have 1 DVD from 2009 (flight 666), so I'll just rank all the DVD's I've bought this year.

1. Iron Maiden - Flight 666
2. Overkill - Wrecking Everything
3. Dark Funeral - Attera Orbis Terrarum - Part II
4. Windir - Sognametal
5. Peelander-Z - Peelander is FUN!

DethMaiden
10-24-2009, 08:52 PM
1. Cobalt- Gin
2. My Dying Bride- For Lies I Sire
3. Propagandhi- Supporting Caste
4. Slough Feg- Ape Uprising!
5. Redemption- Snowfall on Judgment Day
6. Baroness- Blue Record
7. Between the Buried and Me- The Great Misdirect
8. Shrinebuilder- Shrinebuilder
9. Mastodon- Crack the Skye
10. Immortal- All Shall Fall

I'm sorry Dream Theater and Clutch. :snivel: And holy sweet Jesus that was impossible and still not final and still I have to hear albums. I hate how good this year is. Not really, actually I love it, but it sucks for list-making.

idrinkwine732
10-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Bah, your low spot for Mastodon saddens me. But Slough Feg and Cobalt both would make my top 15 for sure.

I thought the new Dream Theater was meh, nowhere near top 10 quality for me at least.

DethMaiden
10-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Bah, your low spot for Mastodon saddens me. But Slough Feg and Cobalt both would make my top 15 for sure.

I thought the new Dream Theater was meh, nowhere near top 10 quality for me at least.

I love Mastodon, and I mostly love Crack the Skye, but depending on my mood there's between one and three tracks that are just alright. In a year with this stiff of competition, it's a wonder it's in the top 10 at all.

idrinkwine732
10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Only odd one out I thought was Quintessence. The Great Misdirect also was fantastic, but I still have the Colors illness...
Also...(insert advertisement for Cormorant's Metazoa here)

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM

:agree: (except I'm not all that high on Slough Feg), and

Only odd one out I thought was Quintessence. The Great Misdirect also was fantastic, but I still have the Colors illness...
Also...(insert advertisement for Cormorant's Metazoa here)

:agree:

mankvill
10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow
Absu - Absu
Drudkh - Microcosmos
Dying Fetus - Descent Into Depravity
Revocation - Existence Is Futile
Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor
Skeletonwitch - Breathing The Fire
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Wolves In The Throne Room - Black Cascade
Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave
Vader - Necropolis
Immortal - All Shall Fall
Warbringer - Waking Into Nightmares
Megadeth - Endgame
Ensiferum - From Afar
Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect
Gorod - Process Of A New Decline
The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
Obscura - Cosmogenesis
Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
Obituary - Darkest Day
Kylesa - Static Tensions
The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate
Mantic Ritual - Executioner
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
General Surgery - Corpus In Extremis: Analysing Necroticism
Peelander-Z - P-Pop-High School
Muse - The Resistance
Havok - Burn
Goatwhore - Carving Out The Eyes Of God
Whole Wheat Bread - Hearts Of Hoodlums
Suffocation - Blood Oath
Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions
Xasthur - All Reflections Drained
Brutal Truth - Evolution Through Revolution
Daath - The Concealers

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM

10. Immortal- All Shall Fall
Dammit. That's three more I have to add to the list. I'm never gonna fucking be able to do this shit this year. Fuck. ;)

Seriously, though - these three are bands that I've been meaning to check out, but haven't yet - and all three are getting really good buzz here and elsewhere lately.

DethMaiden
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Dammit. That's three more I have to add to the list. I'm never gonna fucking be able to do this shit this year. Fuck. ;)

Seriously, though - these three are bands that I've been meaning to check out, but haven't yet - and all three are getting really good buzz here and elsewhere lately.

Dude, my top 10 that I posted before is total bullshit again. Things keep shaking my list up. Right now I have 17 albums I want to put in my top 10. I won't have a definitive list until mid-December probably.

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Dude, my top 10 that I posted before is total bullshit again. Things keep shaking my list up. Right now I have 17 albums I want to put in my top 10. I won't have a definitive list until mid-December probably.
I hear you. I have to admit, though - some of my whining is just for the sake of drama. I actually have a tried-and-true method of doing these lists that I developed last year (which was also very difficult), and it really comes down to one thing: playing time or number of spins in my own personal listening-because-I-want-to-and-not-because-I'm-working-on-a-best-of-year-list queue. In other words, it all boils down to what I just can't seem to stop listening to - period. This simple method ultimately takes into account all of the judgmental, analytical, comparing-one-band-to-another, comparing-one-album-from-one-band-to-another-of-their-albums, bullshit that has given me so much "analysis paralysis" in the past. If I can't stop playing it, it's rising to the top. End of story.

That being said, it's still going to be a bitch - just not as bad as I've been making it out to be. ;)

EDIT: It's writing 1,287 mini-reviews that's going to be a real fucking bitch.

mastodon421
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Nat im with you man ranking albums this year is going to be brutal. I have a clear-cut Top 5 but the rest of the list will be just obscene to rank they are are so many albums that are Top 20 quailty i might have to a top 50 this year.

My Current Top 10 looks like
1.Between The Buried And Me-The Great Misdirect
2.Mastodon-Crack The Skye
3.The Black Dahlia Murder-Deflorate
4.Lamb Of God-Wrath
5.Megadeth-Endgame
6.Doom-Born Like This
7.Skeletonwitch-Breathing The Fire
8.Goatwhore-Carving Out The Eyes Of God
9.God Forbid-Earthsblood
10.Alice In Chains-Black Gives Way To Blue

DethMaiden
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I hear you. I have to admit, though - some of my whining is just for the sake of drama. I actually have a tried-and-true method of doing these lists that I developed last year (which was also very difficult), and it really comes down to one thing: playing time or number of spins in my own personal listening-because-I-want-to-and-not-because-I'm-working-on-a-best-of-year-list queue. In other words, it all boils down to what I just can't seem to stop listening to - period. This simple method ultimately takes into account all of the judgmental, analytical, comparing-one-band-to-another, comparing-one-album-from-one-band-to-another-of-their-albums, bullshit that has given me so much "analysis paralysis" in the past. If I can't stop playing it, it's rising to the top. End of story.

That being said, it's still going to be a bitch - just not as bad as I've been making it out to be. ;)

EDIT: It's writing 1,287 mini-reviews that's going to be a real fucking bitch.

I can't be nearly that systematic. There's just too much "x-factor" stuff to take into consideration. I've listened to the Redemption album more than any other album this year because it's so damned catchy, but is it better than Cobalt? Hell no! But Cobalt is food for thought and has a lot of difficult to explicitly express qualities.

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I can't be nearly that systematic. There's just too much "x-factor" stuff to take into consideration. I've listened to the Redemption album more than any other album this year because it's so damned catchy, but is it better than Cobalt? Hell no! But Cobalt is food for thought and has a lot of difficult to explicitly express qualities.

You have a good point there - which means you've basically ruined my album-ranking methodology. Thanks a lot, asshole. :finger:

Just kidding. My list will still be ultimately decided based on pure "je-ne-sais-quoi", personal preference, gut feel (which is reflected for the most part by sheer time spent in the listening queue). The only change is that I will now probably be factoring in a concept from your post and trying to eliminate or guard against artificially ranking an album too high purely because of "catchiness". :D (Although isn't "catchiness" really very akin to listener interest, which is what these lists are really supposed to be all about? Here comes that "analysis paralysis" again...:()

Dextrimental
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
In relation to the discussion above, catchiness can only be a factor if you've got nine albums for your top ten, and need a reason to rank one album ten and the other eleven. Its essentially grabbing at straws for a reason to like an album. I mean, the last Britney Spears and Jonas Brothers records were catchy as hell (I've a nine year old nephew) but that doesn't mean they're actually good.

idrinkwine732
10-28-2009, 05:30 PM
This was my best shot at a top 20, but I still don't feel like this is it....
1. Mastodon - Crack the Skye
2. The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate
3. Cormorant - Metazoa
4. Megadeth - Endgame
5. Muse - The Resistance
6. Insomnium - Across the Dark
7. Behemoth - Evangelion
8. Immortal - All Shall Fall
9. Vader - Necropolis
10. Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect
11. Chimaira - The Infection
12. Cobalt - Gin
13. Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor
14. Baroness - Blue Record
15. Skeletonwitch - Breathing the Fire
16. Obscura - Cosmogenesis
17. Suffocation - Blood Oath
18. Goatwhore - Carving out the Eyes of God
19. Darkest Hour - The Eternal Return
20. Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 07:36 PM
In relation to the discussion above, catchiness can only be a factor if you've got nine albums for your top ten, and need a reason to rank one album ten and the other eleven. Its essentially grabbing at straws for a reason to like an album. I mean, the last Britney Spears and Jonas Brothers records were catchy as hell (I've a nine year old nephew) but that doesn't mean they're actually good.

Don't worry - there'll be no Britney or JoBros on either my list or DethMaiden's.

makethemsuffer12
10-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I have yet to fully listen to all of the albums that I care about this year, but as of now my top 5 (haven't even listened to 10 all new albums this year :eek: ) would be;

1. Slayer - World Painted Blood
2. Megadeth - Endgame
3. Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
4. Lamb of God - Wrath
5. Warbringer - Waking Into Nightmares (just for the sake of having a top 5, really)

Still need to check out new AIC, more of the new Shadows Fall, BTBAM (out of curiousity), relisten to Sabbath, give Kreator a full listen (really late with that one), Behemoth, and some of the other big ones.

MPF
10-29-2009, 06:40 PM
My Top 20

Dredg- The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion
Mastodon- Crack The Skye
Long Distance Calling- Avoid The Light
Between The Buried And Me- The Great Misdirect
Devin Townsend- Ki
Redemption- Snowfall On Judgment Day
Dream Theater- Black Clouds And Silver Linings
The Kris Norris Projekt- Icons Of The Illogical
Porcupine Tree- The Incident
Mono- Hymn To The Immortal Wind
Obscura- Cosmogenesis
Converge- Axe To Fall
GWAR- Lust In Space
Clutch- Strange Cousins From The West
Exivious- S/T
Maudlin Of The Well- Part The Second
The Dear Hunter- Act III: Life And Death
Amorphis- Skyforger
Soundscape- Grave New World

*I'm sure I'll be adding Devin Townsend's Addicted to this list as soon as I get it in the mail*

mankvill
10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
My Top 20

Dredg- The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion
Mastodon- Crack The Skye
Long Distance Calling- Avoid The Light
Between The Buried And Me- The Great Misdirect
Devin Townsend- Ki
Redemption- Snowfall On Judgment Day
Dream Theater- Black Clouds And Silver Linings
The Kris Norris Projekt- Icons Of The Illogical
Porcupine Tree- The Incident
Mono- Hymn To The Immortal Wind
Obscura- Cosmogenesis
Converge- Axe To Fall
GWAR- Lust In Space
Clutch- Strange Cousins From The West
Exivious- S/T
Maudlin Of The Well- Part The Second
The Dear Hunter- Act III: Life And Death
Amorphis- Skyforger
Soundscape- Grave New World

*I'm sure I'll be adding Devin Townsend's Addicted to this list as soon as I get it in the mail*

While we don't have many of those in common, it's really refreshing to see your list. :light:

MPF
10-29-2009, 06:54 PM
While we don't have many of those in common, it's really refreshing to see your list. :light:

Thanks. :light:

I've always been a Prog Metal guy first and foremost. While I love Death and Black Metal as well, it's just not often they will make my top 20. It's good to check out every genre in the metal world.

Natrlhi
10-30-2009, 06:57 AM

10. Immortal- All Shall FallDammit. That's three more I have to add to the list. I'm never gonna fucking be able to do this shit this year. Fuck. ;)

Seriously, though - these three are bands that I've been meaning to check out, but haven't yet - and all three are getting really good buzz here and elsewhere lately.Dude, my top 10 that I posted before is total bullshit again. Things keep shaking my list up. Right now I have 17 albums I want to put in my top 10. I won't have a definitive list until mid-December probably.
Well, I fucking like all three. Fucking figures. :bouville:

but :D

DethMaiden
11-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Let me reiterate, fuck fuck fuck fucking fuck this is going to be hard! I need to hear Nile, Katatonia, and now Devin Townsend (I didn't like Ki but Addicted sounds way more intriguing to me), and I still have an overstuffed top 10. Jesus effing Christ. Anyway, updated and probably temporary list below. 1 through 9 are all totally excellent and I'd hate to drop them and a dozen things could be #10 but it's a placeholder right now since I'm almost sure one of the three aforementioned will displace it.

1. Cobalt- Gin
2. Between the Buried and Me- The Great Misdirect
3. Propagandhi- Supporting Caste
4. My Dying Bride- For Lies I Sire
5. Slough Feg- Ape Uprising!
6. Redemption- Snowfall on Judgment Day
7. Baroness- Blue Record
8. Mastodon- Crack the Skye
9. Dream Theater- Black Clouds & Silver Linings
10. Shrinebuilder- Shrinebuilder

Maiden33
11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Tentative Top 10:
01.Redemption - Snowfall on Judgment Day
02.Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa
03.lord - Set in Stone
04.Jaded Heart - Perfect Insanity
05.Machines of Grace - Machines of Grace
06.Mind Key - Pulse For a Graveheart
07.Killing Touch - One of a Kind
08.Outloud - We Will Rock You to Hell and Back Again
09.Brainstorm - Memorial Roots
10.Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Silver linings
Honorable Mentions:
Vindictiv - Ground Zero
Saxon - Into the labyrinth
Coldspell - Infinite Stargaze
Constancia - lost and Gone

Div
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
i was planning to do a 50 album write up, i should probably start working on some of the album descriptions now... i still have like 20 or so albums to listen to.

idrinkwine732
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm on 30 right now, hoping to get around 40-50 by years end, its a lot of fun though. I'm just reading people's top 10s and writing down the ones I haven't heard and its led me onto some great shit.

SomewhereInTime72
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I just checked out the tracklist for the new TSO album. I see "Believe".

Do not know if want.

DethMaiden
11-03-2009, 06:06 AM

Do not know if want.

You don't want. Two most boring hours, three Savatage thieveries (Believe, Prelude to Madness, and Mozart and Madness all appear in rerecorded forms), and really not much to sink your teeth into.

Maiden33
11-03-2009, 08:03 AM

Do not know if want.

The new version is terrible, downright insulting to the original, which may be my favorite song of all-time. Think of the original version, minus half the solo, minus all the emotion, and the vocals are completely void of passion and replaced by a terribly cheesy dime-a-dozen "rock ballad" singer.

Spiral_Slave
11-03-2009, 08:23 AM
The new version is terrible, downright insulting to the original, which may be my favorite song of all-time. Think of the original version, minus half the solo, minus all the emotion, and the vocals are completely void of passion and replaced by a terribly cheesy dime-a-dozen "rock ballad" singer.

It's true. I hope they don't play it live when I see them, as it is a massive fail.

SomewhereInTime72
11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
:barf:

mankvill
11-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Absu - Absu
Drudkh - Microcosmos
Nile - Those Whom The Gods Detest
Vader - Necropolis
Slayer - World Painted Blood
Megadeth - Endgame
Ensiferum - From Afar
Obscura - Cosmogenesis
Obituary - Darkest Day
Kylesa - Static Tensions
Muse - The Resistance
Havok - Burn
Suffocation - Blood Oath
Daath - The Concealers

Thinking maybe I need to get the latest ChthoniC and have a nice 40 album write-up at the end of the year. :)

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Thinking maybe I need to get the latest ChthoniC and have a nice 40 album write-up at the end of the year. :)
Ummm...YEAH ya do. (ees goot, senor)

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm tinkering with a mathematical equation that will rank my favorite albums within tiers of quality that I've placed them in since it's been so hard to discern besides a very vague idea of similar quality levels. I like the results I'm getting, I'll probably stick to a variation of what I've come up with. Still very subjective, mind you, but somewhat scientific. :horns:

SomewhereInTime72
11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm tinkering with a mathematical equation that will rank my favorite albums within tiers of quality that I've placed them in since it's been so hard to discern besides a very vague idea of similar quality levels.

http://www.tacticalphysics.org/images/anti-penetration_equation_large.jpg

Natrlhi
11-05-2009, 06:08 AM
http://www.tacticalphysics.org/images/anti-penetration_equation_large.jpg

:lol: What the fuck does trigonometry have to do with metal? I could see some nice calculus or differential equations, maybe - but sines and cosines? That just does not make sense, man. :D

Natrlhi
11-05-2009, 06:09 AM
I'm tinkering with a mathematical equation that will rank my favorite albums within tiers of quality that I've placed them in since it's been so hard to discern besides a very vague idea of similar quality levels. I like the results I'm getting, I'll probably stick to a variation of what I've come up with. Still very subjective, mind you, but somewhat scientific. :horns:

Dork.

DethMaiden
11-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Dork.

:tongue: Love you!

EDIT: It's not super-mathematical or anything, and it still very much takes into account "x-factor" and "personal taste" shit, i.e., I put the albums into tiers of similar quality before I even executed the formula. But I like how it made my list and it will make me stop OCD-agonizing over it like I have every fucking day for the last month. :snivel:

jhdeity
11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I haven't scoured this thread in a long time but I'm sure I'll have some on here that few if anyone else has. I personally think this was one of the best years for music and I had a great year jamming out to this stuff at different times of the year.

My Current Top 20 is shaping up like this:

1. Lamb of God - Wrath
2. Slayer - World Painted Blood
3. Shadows Fall - Redemption
4. Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect
5. Mastodon - Crack The Skye
6. Alice in Chains – Black Gives Way to Blue
7. Hatebreed - Hatebreed
8. Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg
9. Divine Heresy - Bringer of Plagues
10. Megadeth - Endgame
11. Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive
12. Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
13. Clutch - Strange Cousins from the West
14. LMFAO - Party Rock
15. Lazarus A.D. - The Onslaught
16. Devildriver - Pray for Villians
17. Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave
18. Cobalt - Gin
19. Baroness - Blue Record
20. Whole Wheat Bread - Hearts Of Hoodlums

Still listening to or want to check out: Skeletonwitch, Absu, Brutal Truth, Matisyahu, Dying Fetus, Darkest Hour, Warbringer, Goatwhore, OTEP, Kylesa, Muse, Daath, Propagandhi & The Lonely Island (My halloween costume was siiiick! 2 words... Dolphin Dick!)

Biggest dissapointments: Behemoth, Chimaira, Static-X, Heaven & Hell, Queensryche, Killswitch Engage, Sepultura & Kreator

All the dissapointments will get another listen just to make sure my expectiations weren't too high or the timing just wasn't right.

mankvill
11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Slayer is seriously kicking my ass. I might have to bump it up a couple of spots.

kornisdabomb
11-05-2009, 08:01 PM
1)megadeth endgame
2)alice in chains black gives way to blue
3)Dethklok dethalbum 2
4)mastadon crack the skye
5)lol i listen to a wide variety of music soooo dave matthews band big whisky and the groo grux king
6)lamb of god wrath
7)creed overcome
8)311 uplifter
9)Dream theater
10)street sweeper social club

mankvill
11-07-2009, 03:07 PM
1)megadeth endgame
2)alice in chains black gives way to blue
3)Dethklok dethalbum 2
4)mastadon crack the skye
5)lol i listen to a wide variety of music soooo dave matthews band big whisky and the groo grux king
6)lamb of god wrath
7)creed overcome
8)311 uplifter
9)Dream theater
10)street sweeper social club

I think this might be my post of the year...Seriously.

idrinkwine732
11-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Sounds like someone has a guilty pleasure...

ADD
11-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Sounds like someone has a guilty pleasure...

There is no guilt in pleasure - someone wise

:cool:

jhdeity
11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Gotta add some cd's to my list. Rammstein deserves a shot, Cobalt gets better every time I listen to it and after seeing Cannibal last night they're moving up most likely. Evisceration Plague sounds 20 times better live to me. The perfect song for them to open with. Listening to Amorphis now and Muse next. Might even give Flaming Lips a spin since I heard they toned down the glittery shit. Bile and Goatwhore after some GTA4 action.

Natrlhi
11-10-2009, 12:55 PM
There is no guilt in pleasure - someone wise

:cool:

Very nice.

...and BTW, there is nothing wrong with a little Dave Matthews once in a while, nor Depeche Mode, U2, White Stripes, Muse, Kings of Leon, etc. - it's called being open-minded. Good music doesn't have to crush your fucking skull each and every time. It's fun when it does, granted (:rocker:), but it doesn't have to in order to be good.

DethMaiden
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Very nice.

...and BTW, there is nothing wrong with a little Dave Matthews once in a while, nor Depeche Mode, U2, White Stripes, Muse, Kings of Leon, etc. - it's called being open-minded. Good music doesn't have to crush your fucking skull each and every time. It's fun when it does, granted (:rocker:), but it doesn't have to in order to be good.

Dave Matthews Band is in my "bottom five bands of all time" :lol: Now granted, this is more of an "overrated" list because there's easily gotta be five (more like a billion) bands who are unsigned who totally suck worse, but for now, DMB, Lamb of God, Attack Attack, Suicide Silence, and Brokencyde have a special title. :D

Natrlhi
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Dave Matthews Band is in my "bottom five bands of all time" :lol: Now granted, this is more of an "overrated" list because there's easily gotta be five (more like a billion) bands who are unsigned who totally suck worse, but for now, DMB, Lamb of God, Attack Attack, Suicide Silence, and Brokencyde have a special title. :D

I don't care for the other bands on your list, but I wonder where you got such an idea about DMB. They are basically a racially-diverse jam band with a rock basis and jazz tendencies. They never hurt anybody, or pissed in anybody's Wheaties. They never claimed to be the "king of all bands", and in fact they are all very laid back and humble, chill dudes. They are like Clutch on quaaludes, and they are tremendously fun live.

Get the stick out of your ass, kid. Dave and his bros never did anything to you! ;)

EDIT: They do have a lot of hipster fans, but don't hate on a band just because some of their fans are goofballs...you're better than that, bro.

DethMaiden
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't care for the other bands on your list, but I wonder where you got such an idea about DMB. They are basically a racially-diverse jam band with a rock basis and jazz tendencies. They never hurt anybody, or pissed in anybody's Wheaties. They never claimed to be the "king of all bands", and in fact they are all very laid back and humble, chill dudes. They are like Clutch on quaaludes, and they are tremendously fun live.

Get the stick out of your ass, kid. Dave and his bros never did anything to you! ;)

It has everything to do with living in the suburbs and going to college in the midwest. There is nothing remotely interesting about Dave's music but every fucking super-white person on earth thinks he's God. That's just me.

Natrlhi
11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
It has everything to do with living in the suburbs and going to college in the midwest. There is nothing remotely interesting about Dave's music but every fucking super-white person on earth thinks he's God. That's just me.

:lol: I never considered myself super-white.

Of course, I don't think he's God, either, just entertaining. Sheesh. :eyes:

ADD
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Dave Matthews Band may be pretty gay but its not bad musically, Brad I bet if you listened to his live album you'd dig it, covers lots of styles competently. Certainly no way they should be relegated to the status of LOG and the like when they can jam out All Along the Watchtower the way they do.

DethMaiden
11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Dave Matthews Band may be pretty gay but its not bad musically, Brad I bet if you listened to his live album you'd dig it, covers lots of styles competently. Certainly no way they should be relegated to the status of LOG and the like when they can jam out All Along the Watchtower the way they do.

Enh. I'll try not to openly bash him but I don't think I'm going to further explore him either. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Every college guy with an acoustic guitar thinks they are Dave Matthews.

es156
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM

EDIT: They do have a lot of hipster fans, but don't hate on a band just because some of their fans are goofballs...you're better than that, bro.

Ironic?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1490541/08252004/dave_matthews_band.jhtml

:lol:

idrinkwine732
11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Very nice.

I love all of those bands mentioned, with exception to DMB. I was just saying that since he had to defend why he likes DMB before anyone even said anything, it made me think he's not necessarily secure with his choice. Everyone who listens exclusively to metal should step back every once in a while, and listen to the talent that isn't necessarily heavy.

MPF
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Fry- So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?
Ken- Yes. Except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock.

I actually do like some DMB songs. I really don't know too much about them, but I do aprpeciate their drummer a lot and know they are all great musicians.

jhdeity
11-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I consider myself one of the most open-minded people when it comes to music but I fukkin HATE Dave Matthews. His vocals make me cringe. I'm sure he has some decent music and there is solid musicianship there but that hmm-ner-derr-herm-merr-derr-nerr shit is obnoxious to me. I can see why people like him or would go to a show since it's 80% women but it's just not my thing. It's better than country music but that isn't saying much...

SomewhereInTime72
11-11-2009, 09:44 AM
I consider myself one of the most open-minded people when it comes to music but ... It's better than country music but that isn't saying much...

lolwut

mankvill
11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Absu - Absu
Drudkh - Microcosmos
Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt
Vader - Necropolis
Megadeth - Endgame
Ensiferum - From Afar
Obscura - Cosmogenesis
Obituary - Darkest Day
Kylesa - Static Tensions
Muse - The Resistance
Havok - Burn
Suffocation - Blood Oath
Daath - The Concealers

I bumped Slayer up a bit, too.

SomewhereInTime72
11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.myspace.com/mirthkon

Holy shit, I need to get this band's album. It's awesome.

jhdeity
11-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Skeletonwitch - Breathing The Fire is kicking my ass right now

And yes the only thing worse than Dave Matthews is country twang. I'd rather hear Dave singing derr-hrm-berr-wher-humm-nerr and not have a clue than some idiot singing about a tractor. hahaha

With so many people giving props to Heaven & Hell I'll have to throw it in again. As much as I liked the 1st 2 songs I couldn't get into anything else.

Maybe it was bad timing...

Indestructible
11-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Top Albums of the year

Heaven and hell-The devil you know
Alice in chains-Black gives way to blue
Shadows fall-Retribution
Dream theater-Black Clouds & Silver linings
Otep-Smash the control Machine
Megadeth-endgame
Lamb of god - Wrath

Top Songs

Follow The Tears-Heaven and hell
Bible Black- Heaven and hell
Head-Otep
Rise,Rebel,Resist-Otep
A looking in View-Alice in chains
Private Hell_alice in chains
A night mare to remember-dream theater
The count of tuscany - Dream theater
My demise-Shadows fall
A public Execution-shadows fall
Endgame-megadeth
Reclamation-lamb of god

Maiden33
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
That Heaven and Hell album was ridiculously disappointing. Years of waiting and hoping for Sabbath to reunite with Dio and do something, and they finally did, and it was that? Come on.

mankvill
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
That Heaven and Hell album was ridiculously disappointing. Years of waiting and hoping for Sabbath to reunite with Dio and do something, and they finally did, and it was that? Come on.

I felt like this for a long time, but mostly because of you assholes on this site. I finally sat down and really listened to it and it was SO much better than I expected. :3

idrinkwine732
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM

I completely disagree. I thought it was fantastic, but there just was sooo much good metal out this year it took a backseat to a lot of other stuff.

Maiden33
11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
I completely disagree. I thought it was fantastic, but there just was sooo much good metal out this year it took a backseat to a lot of other stuff.

For me it was just one of a whole bunch of disappointments this year for me. Probably the biggest of all of them though, because it was something I had long fantasized about occurring, but it fell about a thousand miles short of my expectations for it. I don't think it's terrible, but just really dull on the whole.

SomewhereInTime72
11-17-2009, 07:14 PM
New Heaven and Hell album was bland as hell. Even worse than the new Queensryche album. Made me sad.

This is my current top 10 (roughly), guaranteed to have no one else agree with it:

1. Behemoth - Evangelion
2. Amorphis - Skyforger
3. My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire
4. Stratovarius - Polaris
5. Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
6. KMFDM - Blitz
7. The Stanley Clarke Trio - Jazz In The Garden
8. Megadeth - Endgame
9. Isis - Wavering Radiant
10. Skold vs. KMFDM - Skold vs. KMFDM

Runner ups/close albums that just don't quite make the cut include: Tombs - Winter Hours, Clutch - Strange Cousins from the West, and the new Pelican.

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
New Heaven and Hell album was bland as hell. Even worse than the new Queensryche album. Made me sad.

This is my current top 10 (roughly), guaranteed to have no one else agree with it:

1. Behemoth - Evangelion
2. Amorphis - Skyforger
6. KMFDM - Blitz
8. Megadeth - Endgame

Runner ups/close albums that just don't quite make the cut include: Tombs - Winter Hours, Clutch - Strange Cousins from the West, and the new Pelican.

Your #3 makes my list. :)

And yeah, the Heaven and Hell was awful. The one thing that made Black Sabbath good was good riffs. That album had no good riffs. I don't care that it didn't "suck", it had nothing that stuck or that I could hum aloud after the album ended. Unmemorable albums are a waste of everyone's time.

idrinkwine732
11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Tombs - Winter Hours

Ah, I knew I was missing something.

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 08:07 PM

1. Behemoth - Evangelion
2. Amorphis - Skyforger
6. KMFDM - Blitz
8. Megadeth - Endgame

#9 makes my list.

Regarding Tombs and Pelican, they were on tour together earlier this year (I think in the Spring), but I don't think it came my way. Would have liked to see that. Pelican is an ass-kicker of an album, but I haven't listened to Tombs much. They seem pretty sludgy and possibly a bit repetitive to me, but I'll give it some more spins before ranking it at year's end...

SomewhereInTime72
11-17-2009, 08:08 PM
#9 makes my list.

Regarding Tombs and Pelican, they were on tour together earlier this year (I think in the Spring), but I don't think it came my way. Would have liked to see that. Pelican is an ass-kicker of an album, but I haven't listened to Tombs much. They seem pretty sludgy and possibly a bit repetitive to me, but I'll give it some more spins before ranking it at year's end...

I saw Tombs, Pelican, and Isis all in the same night. :party: :party: :party:

edit: Yeah Tombs are really sludgy. But they manage to make it have great energy and work out well. They don't come near Isis though.

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I saw Tombs, Pelican, and Isis all in the same night. :party: :party: :party:

edit: Yeah Tombs are really sludgy. But they manage to make it have great energy and work out well. They don't come near Isis though.

Yeah, that's the tour I was talking about. Technically, I saw that tour, just at a later date when Tombs was no longer on it. That's right.

Sheeeit, Isis and Pelican alone in the same night was enough to make the show one of the best in recent years!

:party::rocker::party:

mankvill
11-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Absu - Absu
Drudkh - Microcosmos
Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt
Vader - Necropolis
Megadeth - Endgame
Vreid - Milorg
Ensiferum - From Afar
Obscura - Cosmogenesis
Obituary - Darkest Day
Kylesa - Static Tensions
Muse - The Resistance
Havok - Burn
Suffocation - Blood Oath
Daath - The Concealers

Maiden33
11-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Even worse than the new Queensryche album.

Not something any band wants to hear referencing their newest record. :D

SomewhereInTime72
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Not something any band wants to hear referencing their newest record. :D

Depressing, but entirely true.

Fe Maiden
11-19-2009, 09:25 AM
I felt like this for a long time, but mostly because of you assholes on this site. I finally sat down and really listened to it and it was SO much better than I expected. :3This

Div
11-20-2009, 02:59 PM
well its still too early to make my list, but Addicted is definitely going in there. probably somewhere from 5-10.

DethMaiden
11-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Damn. Six months ago I would have said the new WITTR was barely in the top 10 but I've almost convinced myself it's my #3. It has an unbelievable amount of staying power and replayability.

Natrlhi
11-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Damn. Six months ago I would have said the new WITTR was barely in the top 10 but I've almost convinced myself it's my #3. It has an unbelievable amount of staying power and replayability.

Baizley was wearing a WITTR shirt the other night at the Baroness show - obviously, he's a fan.

He also mentioned that the new Immortal album is a rager, and of course I agreed. I confessed to him about being a list-making nerd and told him how hard it was going to be to finalize this year's list, and he agreed that this year has been awesome for metal. Then I told him that Blue Record is going to be top three, if not #1 on my list, and he seemed genuinely stoked about that. :D

DethMaiden
11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Baizley was wearing a WITTR shirt the other night at the Baroness show - obviously, he's a fan.

He also mentioned that the new Immortal album is a rager, and of course I agreed. I confessed to him about being a list-making nerd and told him how hard it was going to be to finalize this year's list, and he agreed that this year has been awesome for metal. Then I told him that Blue Record is going to be top three, if not #1 on my list, and he seemed genuinely stoked about that. :D

Blue Record is for sure in my top ten. For Metal Club I have to have the order down by Wednesday I think. I have the albums, but not the order. Needless to say, there's gonna be lots of awesome listening between now and then.

EDIT: An underrated aspect of this year is how much awesome female-fronted indie came out. The new ones from St. Vincent, Tegan and Sara, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Karen O and the Kids, and An Horse were all AWESOME, but this was such a good year for heavy music that not a single one of them will be in my top ten. :( I should do an addendum to my list to give mad props to all those ladies.

Maiden33
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Blue Record is for sure in my top ten. For Metal Club I have to have the order down by Wednesday I think. I have the albums, but not the order. Needless to say, there's gonna be lots of awesome listening between now and then.

EDIT: An underrated aspect of this year is how much awesome female-fronted indie came out. The new ones from St. Vincent, Tegan and Sara, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Karen O and the Kids, and An Horse were all AWESOME, but this was such a good year for heavy music that not a single one of them will be in my top ten. :( I should do an addendum to my list to give mad props to all those ladies.

No mention to the best female-fronted record of the year: Necromance - Never look Back. Those guys are teh roxxorz. :D

jhdeity
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Updated 11/30/09 – This is the perfect time of year to really get into some dark music. I’m really digging the thrash/speed factor of some of these new releases while trying to stay open minded about other stuff. If certain bands just had slightly better vocals or didn’t sound like they were vomiting most of the time I could really get into them.

1. Lamb of God – Wrath (w/ 3 bonus tracks)
2. Mastodon - Crack The Skye
3. Slayer – World Painted Blood
4. Shadows Fall - Redemption
5. Baroness - Blue Record
6. Alice in Chains – Black Gives Way to Blue
7. Skeletonwitch - Breathing The Fire
8. Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect
9. Cobalt - Gin
10. Megadeth - Endgame
11. Divine Heresy - Bringer of Plagues
12. Goatwhore - Carving Out The Eyes Of God
13. Hypocrisy – A Taste of Extreme Divinity
14. Hatebreed - Hatebreed
15. Lazarus A.D. - The Onslaught
16. Clutch - Strange Cousins from the West
17. Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave
18. Warbringer – Waking into Nightmares
19. LMFAO – Party Rock
20. Converge – Axe to Fall
21. Municipal Waste – Massive Aggressive
22. Behemoth – Evengelion
23. Devilldriver - Pray for Villians
24. Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
25. Kreator – Hordes of Chaos
26. God Forbid – Earthsblood
27. Muse – The Resistance
28. Wolfmother – Cosmic Egg
29. Job for a Cowboy – Ruination
30. Miss May I - Apologies are for the Weak

Still listening to or want to check out: Gaza, Absu, Isis, Gorod, Nile, Ensiferum, Slough Feg, Asphyx, Matisyahu, Dying Fetus, Darkest Hour, Obscura, Kylesa, Immortal, Giant Squid, Daath, Mumakil, Coalesce, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Propagandhi, Suffocation, Amorphis, BDM & Wolves in the Throne Room

Biggest disappointments: Saxon, Chimaira, Static-X, Heaven & Hell, 3IOB, Queensryche, Skindred, Killswitch Engage & Sepultura

Just can’t rate them even though I love 1 song: Dream Theater

Maiden33
11-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Biggest disappointments: Saxon

:confused:
I thought Into the Labyrinth was really good, probably better than The Inner Sanctum. Battalions of Steel and Valley of the Kings are two incredible songs.

jhdeity
11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
I'l be brutally honest, I haven't truly liked a Saxon album start to finish since Crusader. That being said I think Wheels of Steel to Crusader is one of the best 5 album streaks out there. I own 2 or 3 others since Crusader not including Eagle 1 & 2 so when I heard this cd was more like Power and the Glory and Crusader I was psyched!

I can't disagree that there are maybe 3 songs I really like on the cd. My problem is Live to Rock is the worst song I've heard in maybe the last 5 years. What were they thinking with that Bret Michaels sounding song? My 1st thought was it must be played on British Radio or something or that was their plan. Whatever they were thinking, it ruined the cd for me. Kinda like eating a rotten pistachio, they all taste rotten after that one.

Maybe I'll ease back into it and skip that song. My expectations were pretty high going in and I was dumbfounded listening to that song. It was like a slap in the face to all the great metal of 2009. I'd still go see them live though...

mastodon421
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Just listened to the Gaza album and its pretty damn good. Proably not Top 20 material but it is very close.

Maiden33
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I'l be brutally honest, I haven't truly liked a Saxon album start to finish since Crusader. That being said I think Wheels of Steel to Crusader is one of the best 5 album streaks out there. I own 2 or 3 others since Crusader not including Eagle 1 & 2 so when I heard this cd was more like Power and the Glory and Crusader I was psyched!

I can't disagree that there are maybe 3 songs I really like on the cd. My problem is Live to Rock is the worst song I've heard in maybe the last 5 years. What were they thinking with that Bret Michaels sounding song? My 1st thought was it must be played on British Radio or something or that was their plan. Whatever they were thinking, it ruined the cd for me. Kinda like eating a rotten pistachio, they all taste rotten after that one.

Maybe I'll ease back into it and skip that song. My expectations were pretty high going in and I was dumbfounded listening to that song. It was like a slap in the face to all the great metal of 2009. I'd still go see them live though...

Well, my favorite Saxon album is Lionheart, and my second favorite was Unleash the Beast, so I can't really see eye to eye with you here. I also didn't think that Live to Rock was that bad. Certainly not great, but I think when you're in the frame of mind that it's just supposed to be a fun rockin' song, it's enjoyable. Saxon has certainly made worse songs in the past in my opinion.

jhdeity
11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
That's cool. I don't have either of them, will have to at least check them out. Are any of those songs on Eagle has landed 2? I really liked that cd last time I listened to it.

Downloading Gaza, WITTR and Russian Circle as we speak. Can't get into BDM because of the vocals

mankvill
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
BDM

Brutal Death Metal?
Black Dahlia Murder?

jhdeity
12-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Brutal Death Metal?
Black Dahlia Murder?

Both kinda. I listened to at least 10 cd's yesterday and for every 1 that I really liked there were 2 with horrific vocals that I just couldn't get into.

It's funny we all hold guitarists to such a high standard and skill level but we'll put up with the shittiest vocals that a 12 year old could mimic or idiotic lyrics that a 14 year old would write in English class. Why is that?

A good friend of mine Dave Shaw is an incredible bassist. He still plays in a band called Myza Tiva (My Sativa... get it) and many years ago he was asked to join Dying Fetus and tour with them. He went to the audition and after being offered the job, turned it down because of the vocals.

Granted that was probably a huge mistake in hindsight but the point is if I was an incrediblly skilled player why would I want to play behind total shit vocals? Musically Dying Fetus is a 8.5-9 for me. Lyrically they're an 8-8.5 but you would never know because vocally they're a 2.

mankvill
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I know how that goes. I'm pretty okay when it comes to any kind of death metal vocals (I actually think Trevor Srtnad's vox are the kind all metal/deathcore band should strive for), but I understand where you're coming from. I can't get into some power metal because of the vocals. :lol:

DethMaiden
12-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Granted that was probably a huge mistake in hindsight but the point is if I was an incrediblly skilled player why would I want to play behind total shit vocals? Musically Dying Fetus is a 8.5-9 for me. Lyrically they're an 8-8.5 but you would never know because vocally they're a 2.

Thank you. Dying Fetus has to have the worst death metal vocals on the planet. I fucking hate this whole brutal-er than thou guttural as fuck vocals thing that's happening. I like death metal vocals a lot, but find a fucking vocal identity. Mikael Åkerfeldt, Jeff Walker, Tomas Lindberg, Karl Sanders, Chuck Schuldiner, etc. sound nothing like one another but all sound "brutal" in some sense of the word when they growl. I feel you there big time man.

idrinkwine732
12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I know how that goes. I'm pretty okay when it comes to any kind of death metal vocals (I actually think Trevor Srtnad's vox are the kind all metal/deathcore band should strive for), but I understand where you're coming from. I can't get into some power metal because of the vocals. :lol:
Strnad's vocals are some of the best in metalcore (I can't really decide what they are, death(or metal)core doesn't do them justice, while melodeath isn't really right either)

mankvill
12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Strnad's vocals are some of the best in metalcore (I can't really decide what they are, death(or metal)core doesn't do them justice, while melodeath isn't really right either)

Yeah, I don't really consider TBDM metalcore (at least their last couple of albums).

overkiller
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
LADY GAGA - THE FAME MONSTER IN THE METALSETLISTS TOP TEN YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Maiden33
12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
LADY GAGA - THE FAME MONSTER IN THE METALSETLISTS TOP TEN YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Wait, you're still alive?

mankvill
12-07-2009, 10:12 PM

rah rah ooh la la!

Natrlhi
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM

I don't know about that album, but I wouldn't be surprised to see "The Fame" somewhere on DethMaiden's list for this year. :eyes:

DethMaiden
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't know about that album, but I wouldn't be surprised to see "The Fame" somewhere on DethMaiden's list for this year. :eyes:

It came out in 2008. :tp:

Wouldn't have made that list either. :finger: I do love well-done pop music and she's pretty much the pinnacle right now.

Natrlhi
12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
It came out in 2008. :tp:
I'm kinda proud I didn't know that, actually. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

She's actually a pretty good singer. Too bad she makes annoying-tier music.

daimonos
12-10-2009, 04:42 PM
as of right now my top 20 would be:

1. Behemoth - Evangelion :rocker:
2. Lamb of God - Wrath
3. Immortal - All Shall Fall
4. Belphegor - Walpurgis Rites - Hexenwahn
5. Mastodon - Crack the Skye
6. Vader - Necropolis
7. Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest
8. Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt
9. Marduk - Wormwood
10. Devin Townsend Project - Addicted
11. Goatwhore - Carving Out the Eyes of God
12. Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
13. Slayer - World Painted Blood
14. Baroness - Blue Record
15. Devin Townsend Project - Ki
16. Suffocation - Blood Oath
17. Devildriver - Pray for Villains
18. Shadows Fall - Retribution (Not really a fan of them but this one REALLY suprised me)
19. Divine Heresy - Bringer of Plagues
20. God Dethroned - Passiondale

I still have alot more albums to check out though, so it's gonna change. Probably alot.

ADD
12-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Favorite Ten 12"s/LP's

1.) Cobalt - Gin
2.) Death - For The Whole World To See
3.) Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound - When Sweet Sleep Returned
4.) Shrinebuilder - Shrinebuilder
5.) Slough Feg - Ape Uprising!
6.) Face The Rail - Face The Rail
7.) ANS - Pressure Cracks
8.) Kylesa - Static Tensions
9.) Doomriders - Darkness Come Alive
10.) Against Nature - The First Rain

Favorite Five 7"s/EP's

1.) Harvey Milk/Wildildlife - split
2.) Ramming Speed - Always Disgusted Never Surprised
3.) Dios Mio - Shit Life
4.) Bone Awl - Night's Middle
5.) Nachtmystium - Doomsday Derelicts

Favorite Demo

Acephalix (http://www.mediafire.com/?dgssw100ndj)