PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Black Sabbath Album (Ozzy Era)

es156
02-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Vote. :mad:

Maiden33
02-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Headless Cross. :D

SomewhereInTime72
02-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

mankvill
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Never listened to any. :eyes:

hot_turkey_ed
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Damn it, you have homework. :mad:

mankvill
02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Damn it, you have homework. :mad:

I go to FYE and see they have Paranoid in the 1/2 off bin. I should get it...

Maiden33
02-14-2009, 02:04 PM

You're not missing anything.

JRA
02-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Pligga Nease.

Mankvill, you seriously can't find any of the Warner Brothers versions of the Sabbath albums? Get the "Black Box" box set which is all 8 studio Ozzy Sabbath albums. Well fuckin worth it.

mankvill
02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Pligga Nease.

Mankvill, you seriously can't find any of the Warner Brothers versions of the Sabbath albums? Get the "Black Box" box set which is all 8 studio Ozzy Sabbath albums. Well fuckin worth it.

No, they have 'em.

I just don't know if I wanna spend a buncha money on Sabbath albums, especially the Ozzy years. :eyes:

JRA
02-14-2009, 04:05 PM
No, they have 'em.

I just don't know if I wanna spend a buncha money on Sabbath albums, especially the Ozzy years. :eyes:

Yes you do dammit! :mad:

DethMaiden
02-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm a Sabotage man.

JRA
02-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm a Sabotage man.

Ozzy-Sabbath's artistic peak IMO.

Maiden33
02-14-2009, 07:24 PM
No, they have 'em.

Yeah, if you don't have all the Dio and Tony Martin era albums (except "Forbidden"), you're better off getting all of those.

And yes, I really do hate Ozzy and Ozzy-Sabbath. I like every other Sabbath singer more than Ozzy.

JRA
02-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah, if you don't have all the Dio and Tony Martin era albums (except "Forbidden"), you're better off getting all of those.

And yes, I really do hate Ozzy and Ozzy-Sabbath. I like every other Sabbath singer more than Ozzy.

Another weak-minded fool tainted by Sharon's cuntery.

Div
02-14-2009, 08:02 PM

:agree:

JRA
02-14-2009, 08:06 PM
If Hecho was still here, I'd be interested in what he'd pick (probably the first one).

DethMaiden
02-14-2009, 08:15 PM
If Hecho was still here, I'd be interested in what he'd pick (probably the first one).

I think he'd pick Sabotage. I remember his signature was lyrics from Symptom of the Universe and he loved The Writ because he talked about it all the time.

ADD
02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
NOBODY voted for Master Of Reality? Damn you guys are such tools :D

JRA
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM

We were all waiting for you to. :eyes:

TonyD
02-15-2009, 10:17 PM
30% Sabotage is impressive, but I'm sticking with Reality.

And you wonder why people make fun of power metal?

ravenheart
02-16-2009, 02:01 AM

That would be number 2 for me. Beaten by the debut. Just.

ravenheart
02-16-2009, 02:03 AM

Not necessarily. I don't hate Ozzy or the albums he did with Sabbath. At all. I like all of them.

But I am on board with people who rate Dio and Martin above him. 'The Headless Cross' and all three (so far) Dio albums are easily my favourite Sabbath albums along with the self-titled and Master of Reality.

JRA
02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Not necessarily. I don't hate Ozzy or the albums he did with Sabbath. At all. I like all of them.

But I am on board with people who rate Dio and Martin above him. 'The Headless Cross' and all three (so far) Dio albums are easily my favourite Sabbath albums along with the self-titled and Master of Reality.

Here's the difference though, as you said yourself, at least you actually like those Ozzy albums, whereas Jeff is just like "OMG OZZY SUX LOLOL COS HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE POWER METAL."

es156
02-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Here's the difference though, as you said yourself, at least you actually like those Ozzy albums, whereas Jeff is just like "OMG OZZY SUX LOLOL COS HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE POWER METAL."

What does power metal have to do with it? People can dislike Ozzy for many different reasons that have nothing to do with power metal. So, are you saying he likes Headless Cross because it sounds like power metal? Are all of the non-Ozzy CD's power metal? This is getting ridiculous.

:hecho:

es156
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
And you wonder why people make fun of power metal?

Yes, everybody makes fun of power metal because of one guy who likes power metal and doesn't like Ozzy.

:tp:

mankvill
02-16-2009, 11:16 AM

*braces for impact*

es156
02-16-2009, 11:18 AM
*braces for impact*

If I have to close my own thread I will be somewhat irate.

:lol:

JRA
02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
What does power metal have to do with it? People can dislike Ozzy for many different reasons that have nothing to do with power metal. So, are you saying he likes Headless Cross because it sounds like power metal? Are all of the non-Ozzy CD's power metal? This is getting ridiculous.

:hecho:

The "power metal" thing was me mocking Jeff because he's trolling this thread. He doesn't like Ozzy-Sabbath? Good for him, then GTFO.

Headless Cross. :D

Ok, fine. He's entitled to his opinion, and I'm sure I'm just as guilty for doing the same thing on other threads

Ok, that's twice now.

Then why do you keep coming back? You've said your piece. Does he honestly think we're all gonna toss our Ozzy-Sabbath albums out the window if he keeps this up? Textbook trolling.

es156
02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
The "power metal" thing was me mocking Jeff because he's trolling this thread. He doesn't like Ozzy-Sabbath? Good for him, then GTFO.

Then you should have just said that, but instead you had to bring up something totally irrelevant just to stir things up.

DethMaiden
02-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, Josh is very right in this case. If it were relevant, I'd say Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath album (which it quite possibly is). That's not what the thread was about.

TonyD
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, everybody makes fun of power metal because of one guy who likes power metal and doesn't like Ozzy.

:tp:

Not exactly.

If you can appreciate Headless Cross but not After Forever, there is something wrong.

Maiden33
02-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Ok, fine. He's entitled to his opinion, and I'm sure I'm just as guilty for doing the same thing on other threads

Ok, that's twice now.

Then why do you keep coming back? You've said your piece. Does he honestly think we're all gonna toss our Ozzy-Sabbath albums out the window if he keeps this up? Textbook trolling.

I can't say you're wrong, but you can't tell me I'm the only one who's done this crap, you guys are just as bad, you just happen to disagree with me now. No, I don't expect to change your opinion, but I expect to get on your nerves like you guys do to me.

So, let's recap.
Everyone is allowed to make fun of me, but I can't have any fun screwing with anyone else. Alright, sounds good.

By the way, thanks Es156.

es156
02-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah, Josh is very right in this case. If it were relevant, I'd say Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath album (which it quite possibly is). That's not what the thread was about.

I am not saying Josh is right or wrong. I am saying that he was trying to make his point in a way that would stir up a long standing argument on this board that has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Maiden33
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Not exactly.

If you can appreciate Headless Cross but not After Forever, there is something wrong.

I guess I'll go to the doctor then.

It's pretty simple for me. I really hate Ozzy's voice, with and without Sabbath. My disliking of Ozzy-Sabbath has much more to do with Ozzy's singing than any of the musical writing and playing, even though a lot of the music isn't particularly my style, whereas the Dio and Tony Martin (hell even Glenn Hughes) albums fit perfectly into my niche. Ozzy is a shitty vocalist in my opinion and the other Sabbath singers are among my favorite vocalists, bar none.

es156
02-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Not exactly.

Well, I appreciate both, but I can't really agree with your generalization. There are many people who like 80's Judas Priest that don't really appreciate the early 70's stuff. And those discs have the same singer. If someone doesn't like a given singer, it doesn't really matter how good the music is. There are many bands that I don't listen to because of the vocals. And the style of music can differ quite a bit between the 70's and the 80's. So I can easily see how someone can like 80's Sabbath but not 70's Sabbath. Just like there are many people who like 70's Sabbath that don't like 80's Sabbath.

TonyD
02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Then I think we've got apples and oranges.

DethMaiden
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Then I think we've got apples and oranges.

Let's make a fruit salad.

SomewhereInTime72
02-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Let's make a fruit salad.

FAG!

JRA
02-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Let's toss someone's fruit salad.

Fixed. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

DethMaiden
02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
FAG!

That's not what this thread is about. Mods, ban this noob.

SomewhereInTime72
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
That's not what this thread is about. Mods, ban this noob.

Sorry, I misread Sabbath as Priest. :(

Div
02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
time to make this thread less gay

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o139/thomasy93/misa%20campo/misacampo4.jpg?t=1234831289

Maiden33
02-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I agree.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/images/robhalford.jpg

mankvill
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Rob Halford > Misa Campo

TonyD
02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Rob Halford > Misa Campo

Rob Halford + Misa Campo = Gay Christina Scabbia

mankvill
02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Rob Halford + Misa Campo = Gay Christina Scabbia

WHERE IS MY FAP EMOTE

Div
02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Rob Halford > Misa Campo

:finger2:

i guess they dont have women in kansas either.

JRA
02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
:finger2:

i guess they dont have women in kansas either.

She'd be better if her name was Misa Sucko. :eyes: