PDA

View Full Version : How do you book bands?

mankvill
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
After a couple weeks of disappointment after disappointment of bands announcing no dates near me, I figured that I can at least try to try and book them here.

Thing is, I have no fucking clue where to start.

Halp plz.

JRA
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Lots and Lots of :money:

mankvill
02-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Lots and Lots of :money:

I can deal with that. :lol:

b_halperin
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
myspace em and offer them candy and blankets

DethMaiden
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I read about Joey Jordison getting tons of death metal bands to come to Des Moines in the 90s by booking them himself. It's not impossible dude.

b_halperin
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I read about Joey Jordison getting tons of death metal bands to come to Des Moines in the 90s by booking them himself. It's not impossible dude.

i never said it was impossible... i just gave you some pointless input

mankvill
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM

That gives me hope. I just don't know where to start. :(

ADD
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Get in touch with venues in your area and find out who's promoting most of the metal shows, then talk to those people. Also messaging bands can never hurt, basically just get out there and talk to people in your area and see what's up. With technology how it is nowadays almost anyone can do this stuff if they just take the time. You don't really need a lot of money either, well I mean if you wanna book Iron Maiden or something, but most any hard-working touring underground metal band would be happy with just some food/drink and maybe a place to crash. Good luck :cool:

As far as bringing bands from other countries and stuff that's a different story, but you can definitely get all the Skeletonwitch's of the world to play your town if you do it right.

hot_turkey_ed
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Get in touch with venues in your area and find out who's promoting most of the metal shows, then talk to those people. Also messaging bands can never hurt, basically just get out there and talk to people in your area and see what's up. With technology how it is nowadays almost anyone can do this stuff if they just take the time. You don't really need a lot of money either, well I mean if you wanna book Iron Maiden or something, but most any hard-working touring underground metal band would be happy with just some food/drink and maybe a place to crash. Good luck :cool:

As far as bringing bands from other countries and stuff that's a different story, but you can definitely get all the Skeletonwitch's of the world to play your town if you do it right.

I like what you wrote.

Personally, I would be concerned with liability in organizing a concert. I live in California. You can get sued for everything. Insurance, insurance, insurance...

TonyD
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
I like what you wrote.

Personally, I would be concerned with liability in organizing a concert. I live in California. You can get sued for everything. Insurance, insurance, insurance...

This is one of the sad things about America.

sneakbobcat
02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
I book shows in Scotland. Basically, you've got to build up a repuation to book the bigger acts. And it all goes through booking agencies.
Find out what booking agencies the bands you want to see are on, and if the agency has heard of you, or likes your experience, they'll consider offering you shows.

Best speaking to venues + promoters to be honest.

Div
02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
if you impregnate lauren harris you might be able to get maiden to play the wedding

mankvill
02-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I've been talking to a local promoter. He's gonna see about some things.

Told me some juicy gossip, too!

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I've been talking to a local promoter. He's gonna see about some things.

Told me some juicy gossip, too!

IS HE GOING TO TELL US?

Div
02-11-2009, 11:36 PM
what band are you trying to book anyway?

Div
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
also, i think steve (sirlards) got a maiden tribute band to play at a venue near us, maybe he can give you some info.

mankvill
02-11-2009, 11:40 PM
IS HE GOING TO TELL US?

I feel like I'm in 8th grade all over again!

do u like me circle one: y/n

mankvill
02-11-2009, 11:41 PM
what band are you trying to book anyway?

Any/All. I was just seriously too disheartened about Napalm Death, Absu, and Mayhem skipping over Kansas City when it's feasibly doable. So I started talking to some people.

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I feel like I'm in 8th grade all over again!

do u like me circle one: y/n
*draws a penis*

...On a more serious note, this thread is really interesting to me (although not really of any service to me living where I like).

Sinfulsot
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM
...On a more serious note, this thread is really interesting to me (although not really of any service to me living where I like).

but you live in The Promised Land...

Derelict
02-15-2009, 06:36 AM
On the last page of pretty much every cd booklet, its lists the bands booking agency and how to get in touch with it

mankvill
02-15-2009, 09:17 AM
On the last page of pretty much every cd booklet, its lists the bands booking agency and how to get in touch with it

orly

I'll check that later!