PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Belgrade, Serbia -- February 10th, 2009

andrew_metalhead
02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Source : http://www.maidencroatia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=819

The 4th leg of the Somewhere Back In Time world tour kicked off in Belgrade, Serbia with the following setlist:

Intro : Churchill Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
4. Children of the Damned
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. The Trooper
7. Wasted Years
8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
9. Powerslave
10.Run To The Hills
11.Fear Of The Dark
12.Hallowed Be Thy Name
13.Iron Maiden
-------------------------------------
14.Number Of The Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Sanctuary

JuuKun
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
3. Wrathchild
5. Phantom of the Opera

Mother fuckers.

Fe Maiden
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice to see COTD and POTO in there! I knew Clairvoyant would get replaced by TETMD. Sorry but I do not like Sanctuary as a closer. Still need more songs from SIT. I'm glad HCW is out!

Spiral_Slave
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Keep this setlist for the FL show!

andrew_metalhead
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Keep this setlist for the FL show!

hell yea! i'll b there too :D

Maiden33
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
In my opinion this is weaker than the old set list, but I am angry that they apparently changed it, since I have never seen them play Phantom of the Opera and Children of the Damned. Could care less about Wrathchild and already saw Evil That Men Do though. Bummer that they're not doing Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, Revelations, and Heaven Can Wait though.

Fe Maiden
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
:mad:Revelations is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slasherous
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
They really switched it up. Not much but they moved around the songs, and the encore is different. Definately epic i must say. You can never go wrong with the Evil That Men Do.

TonyD
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm glad I caught the show when I did, since I already saw the early days tour.

Spiral_Slave
02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
In my opinion this is weaker than the old set list, but I am angry that they apparently changed it, since I have never seen them play Phantom of the Opera and Children of the Damned. Could care less about Wrathchild and already saw Evil That Men Do though. Bummer that they're not doing Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, Revelations, and Heaven Can Wait though.

On second thought, I'd love to see Revelations and Moonchild but I'll be happy no matter what.

JRA
02-10-2009, 02:17 PM
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. The Trooper
7. Wasted Years
9. Powerslave
10.Run To The Hills
11.Fear Of The Dark
12.Hallowed Be Thy Name
13.Iron Maiden
14.Number Of The Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Sanctuary

Children of The Damned = yay
Phantom Of The Opera = yay
Powerslave still in the set = yay
Aces High still in the set = yay
The Evil That Men Do = yay
Wrathchild = lazy choice, but at least it's SOMETHING from Killers
Fear Of The Dark = perfectly good spot for Alexander The Great being wasted
Moonchild being gone = Boo. I'd rather hear that than Sanctuary for the 15-millionth time
The fact that Maiden actually switched up their set = yay

Overall, I'll accept it, but it just barely crosses the line. This is how I would have done it.

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Killers
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. The Trooper
7. Wasted Years
9. Powerslave
10.Number Of The Beast
11.Alexander The Great
12.Hallowed Be Thy Name
13.Iron Maiden
14.Moonchild
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Run To The Hills

maidenpriest
02-10-2009, 02:26 PM
5. Phantom of the Opera

WHAT?!?! phantom is one of my favorite maiden songs of all time....:mad: i wouldve easily taken these songs over revelations and HCW. and it is nice to see maiden change up their set for once

mankvill
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
that is quite ballin.

DethMaiden
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Whoa, mixing it up a bit.

I SHOULD FLY TO MEXICO

ADD
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Cool that they changed some songs around but I actually prefer the setlist we got in America for once :D

SomewhereInTime72
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Cool that they changed some songs around but I actually prefer the setlist we got in America for once :D

:rocker:

metal_head_pete
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I wish they had Evil That Men Do on North American tour

Fe Maiden
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Cool that they changed some songs around but I actually prefer the setlist we got in America for once :DAgreed! We got nearly the perfect setlist! The songs that are new to this set I've seen done anyways;) Revelations is sorely missing IMO!

Slasherous
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Its interesting to see how they took out some of the rareties like Moonchild and replaced them with songs that were be bound to heard again probably on the next tour, cause the likely hood of Moonchild being played again is very slim. Awesome though they still kept Mariner. Probably another tune, theyll like dismiss forever after this tour.

JRA
02-10-2009, 06:03 PM
it would be nice if Mariner was the only song they ever played from Powerslave here on out, rather than representing it with 2 Minutes To Midnight. Some people must be bored as shit with that song.

Butcher of Birth
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
:rocker:I'll be at the FT. Lauderdale date! ABOUT TIME too... Sadly Minus the fact they added ETMD and Children, I like the old list better. Hallowed as an Ending? Most Epic!

I'll still go!! Hell Yes I Will!!! Been Waiting SO LONG! :rocker:

rjturtle9
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
wow they actually changed the setlists. that hasn't happened in a long time for maiden. but other than phantom of the opera and the evil that men do, i like the other set list better. but it would be kool to see both:D

HandOfDoom
02-11-2009, 01:46 AM
All I prefer hear is Phantom

gabo03
02-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I dont really like this setlist.

TonyD
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
It's funny how Bruce doesn't like doing 'greatest hits' tours, but for the final leg of the Somewhere... tour, they go back to the songs that they were playing on their last 'greatest hits' tour instead of playing deeper cuts off the albums that are supposed to be represented.
I wouldn't mind hearing some of these songs, but seriously, do they just not want to play anything else? What the fuck?

Fe Maiden
02-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I dont really like this setlist.The more I think about it the less I like it as well. COTD and POTO are great but I've seen both done before. Wrathchild and Sanctuary just ruin an other wise good set for me!

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I love the inclusion of COTD to be honest, but I mean... no more Moonchild?? :( Or Clairvoyant?? :snivel:

MetalTraveller
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
I agree, Wratchild, Trooper, FOTD and Evil that men do are overplayed... but still it's a great show.

I uploaded some pics on my site, review is coming
http://www.metaltraveller.com/en/gigs/iron_maiden/belgrade_2009.html

Unholy Emperor
02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
What happened to all the songs from Somewhere In Time? Some of their greatest ever tracks such as Stranger In Strange Land, The Loneliness of The Longdistance Runner, Alexander The Great & the masterpiece Deja-Vu are being totally ignored. And they have bored us to death with Fear of the park for years now... I thought this tour was for the songs from the eighties to start with...

BookOfThel78
02-12-2009, 05:54 AM

I agree the other setlist was better. The only songs off this setlist I have never seen live are Children of the Damned and Phantom of the Opera. Moonchild should have stayed. Sanctuary has been play too many tours. They need to play Infinite Dreams, Flight of Icarus, Stranger in a Strange Land or Alexander the Great. Fear of the Dark shouldn't even be in the setlist it is not from that time. This is what they should play:
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Flight of Icarus
Children of the Damned
Phantom of the Opera
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number of the Beast
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Run To The Hills
Stranger in a Strange Land
Infinite Dreams
Iron Maiden
Encore:
Moonchild
Alexander the Great
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Fe Maiden
02-12-2009, 06:23 AM
I agree the other setlist was better. The only songs off this setlist I have never seen live are Children of the Damned and Phantom of the Opera. Moonchild should have stayed. Sanctuary has been play too many tours. They need to play Infinite Dreams, Stranger in a Strange Land or Alexander the Great. Fear of the Dark shouldn't even be in the setlist it is not from that time. This is what they should play:
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Revelations
Children of the Damned
Phantom of the Opera
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Run To The Hills
Stranger in a Strange Land
Infinite Dreams
Iron Maiden
Encore:
Moonchild
Alexander the Great
Hallowed Be Thy NameI like it! I'd rather see CSIT than ATG but that is just me!

Maiden33
02-12-2009, 06:43 AM
It just seems so stupid to me that Maiden didn't use this tour as an opportunity to play Stranger in a Strange Land and/or Infinite Dreams... two fan-favorites from the time period they were supposed to be specializing in, and two songs that definitely would've been welcome rarities.

iggus
02-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Been following the Maiden setlist for this tour and over all I'd say it has been a bit disappointing. But this is typical Maiden in a way. I got my tickets for the Florida show today. While I bitch, some stale Maiden setlist is better then no iron Maiden show....:bliss:
would never happen but if I had my choice for this tour:
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Killers
Caught Somewhere In Time
Where Eagles Dare
Remember Tomorrow
Evil That men Do
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free
Encore:
Wasted Years
Flight Of Icarus
The Number of the Beast

Fe Maiden
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Been following the Maiden setlist for this tour and over all I'd say it has been a bit disappointing. But this is typical Maiden in a way. I got my tickets for the Florida show today. While I bitch, some stale Maiden setlist is better then no iron Maiden show....:bliss:
would never happen but if I had my choice for this tour:
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Killers
Caught Somewhere In Time
Where Eagles Dare
Remember Tomorrow
Evil That men Do
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free
Encore:
Wasted Years
Flight Of Icarus
The Number of the BeastNO Iron Maiden?????:confused:

iggus
02-12-2009, 09:05 PM
yeah, No "Iron Maiden" only because I've seen it on every tour the past 25 + years....that along with the "Tooper" I am kind of tired of hearing live. I've only ever seen "Running free" once and haven't seen "Flight of Icarus" since the 1987 tour...and all the time I've be fortunate to see the band I've always seen the show they don't play "Killers"..I'd be happy if they just played that for once...:rocker:

BookOfThel78
02-13-2009, 04:16 AM
yeah, No "Iron Maiden" only because I've seen it on every tour the past 25 + years....that along with the "Tooper" I am kind of tired of hearing live. I've only ever seen "Running free" once and haven't seen "Flight of Icarus" since the 1987 tour...and all the time I've be fortunate to see the band I've always seen the show they don't play "Killers"..I'd be happy if they just played that for once...:rocker:

They played killers in the Edhunter tour. Running Free has been played many times. I just would like them to play stuff that was only played either on the album tour, rarely played or never ever played at all.

iggus
02-13-2009, 09:12 AM
what was the last US tour to play Running Free? I saw it on Powerslave in 85.
I missed the ed hunter tour since it was no where near me and I couldn't find a date I could fly to...figures that's when they bring back Killers....:mad:

TonyD
02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
what was the last US tour to play Running Free? I saw it on Powerslave in 85.
I missed the ed hunter tour since it was no where near me and I couldn't find a date I could fly to...figures that's when they bring back Killers....:mad:

...Ozzfest

neck666face
02-13-2009, 07:04 PM
but im gonna have to say i liked
the 2 show i saw better
there encores where kinda lame
i liked moon child and clairvoyant better
as for phantom thats awesome i wish i got that instead of can i play with madness

crusader84
02-18-2009, 11:15 AM
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. The Trooper
7. Wasted Years
9. Powerslave
10.Run To The Hills
11.Fear Of The Dark
12.Hallowed Be Thy Name
13.Iron Maiden
14.Number Of The Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Sanctuary

And, of course, Doctor Doctor/Transylvania before Churchill's Speech, and Always Look at the Bright Side of Life as outro. ;)

Too much overplayed classics... On the other hand, Rime, WY, COTD, Phantom, Aces, Powerslave... :rocker: