PDA

View Full Version : Lordi -- Munich, Germany -- February 5th, 2009

Schaffi
02-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Actually I didn't go to the concert but Livedome streamed the whole show in the internet. It was a quite nice show with lots of fireworks and pyrotechniques which most of the time didn't even fit to the music being played. But I guess that doesn't matter as long as it looks impressive. ;-)
Despite the fact that the crowd was pretty lame and Amen's guitar-solo was just awfully bad the performance was good and a lot of morbid stuff was going on. :D

Anyway, here's the setlist (approx. 90 minutes):

01. SCG IV (Intro)
02. Girls Go Chopping
03. They Only Come Out Of Night
04. Raise Hell In Heaven
--. Ox interlude
05. Bite It Like A Bulldog
06. Who's Your Daddy?
07. Blood Red Sandman
08. Man Skin Boots
09. Haunted Town
10. The Rebirth Of The Countess
--. Awa Interlude
11. Deadache
12. Bringing Back The Balls To Rock
--. Kita Interlude
13. Monster, Monster
14. It Snows In Hell
--. Amen Interlude
15. Wake The Snake
16. Amen Guitar-Solo
17. Dr. Sin Is In
18. Missing Miss Charlene
-----------------------------
19. Would You Love A Monsterman
20. Devil Is A Loser
21. Hard Rock Hallelujah

Wizzbang11
02-07-2009, 05:41 PM
You know I own two Lordi albums (Monster Show & the one with Hard Rock Hallelujah) and I only recognize half the songs there.
I saw them at Ozzfest. Eh. Ghoul and Band of Orcs do a much better job at jackin GWAR, and Lordis music and stageshow is like a slightly different version of Kiss. They're ok but I'll pass.

Schaffi
02-08-2009, 02:40 AM
The set focused on their latest album called "Deadache" (8songs). "The Monster Show" isn't a regular album, it's somewhat a "best of" of the first two records "Get Heavy" and "The Monsterican Dream" which weren't yet released in some countries at the time when "The Monster Show" came out.

What I like about Lordi's show are the horror-elements. I'm a huge fan of horror- and splatter-movies. The stage design resembled a mad scientist's laboratory with pieces of meat hanging at the side and an operational table where Mr. Lordi performed an autopsy on a not quite dead zombie during "Dr. Sin Is In". Besides, during the interludes the musicians killed some zombies. For instance, Kita beheaded one with his samurai-sword whereas Awa impaled two dancing zombies.
You've got to like this stuff in order to find it entertaining. At least I do and I prefer Lordi over Kiss any time. Personally, I'm not a big fan of their music and besides, there's just nothing which justifies ticket prices of 100€ (!!!) or more. That's just insane. I'll rather stick to the slightly smaller groups ;-)

Slasherous
02-08-2009, 02:37 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!

that setlist is amazing. Monster Monster especially would of been awesome to see.

Wizzbang11
02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
The set focused on their latest album called "Deadache" (8songs). "The Monster Show" isn't a regular album, it's somewhat a "best of" of the first two records "Get Heavy" and "The Monsterican Dream" which weren't yet released in some countries at the time when "The Monster Show" came out.

What I like about Lordi's show are the horror-elements. I'm a huge fan of horror- and splatter-movies. The stage design resembled a mad scientist's laboratory with pieces of meat hanging at the side and an operational table where Mr. Lordi performed an autopsy on a not quite dead zombie during "Dr. Sin Is In". Besides, during the interludes the musicians killed some zombies. For instance, Kita beheaded one with his samurai-sword whereas Awa impaled two dancing zombies.
You've got to like this stuff in order to find it entertaining. At least I do and I prefer Lordi over Kiss any time. Personally, I'm not a big fan of their music and besides, there's just nothing which justifies ticket prices of 100 (!!!) or more. That's just insane. I'll rather stick to the slightly smaller groups ;-)

Well that sounds like a lot more antics than when I saw them (they had pyros, they had some baby setup almost exactly like Abigail, and at one point one of them shot a firework rocket). This show sounds a lot more entertaining.
And I cant stand Kiss, music or show btw.

causeofdeath
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
yeah, when i saw them they sucked, all they did was throw a bucket of guts onto the crowd, and try to look cool, and mr. lordi brought out a chainsaw. not to mention they slowed down their songs to a boring pace.

Schaffi
02-11-2009, 07:25 AM
I just noticed that the show is available in the Livedome concert-archive. You can watch the whole show here:
http://livedome.de/concert_archive.php