PDA

View Full Version : Slayer and Manson healine Mayhem festival

TonyD
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
A crock of shit (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113229)
A fresh crock of shit (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113289)
Updated
Main Stage:

SLAYER
MARILYN MANSON
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
(KILLSWITCH ENGAGE)

Hot Topic Stage:

WHITECHAPEL
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
JOB FOR A COWBOY
BEHEMOTH
CANNIBAL CORPSE

Jägermeister Stage:

GOD FORBID
ALL THAT REMAINS
TRIVIUM

Jul. 10 - Sacramento, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Jul. 11 - San Francisco, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
Jul. 12 - San Bernardino, CA @ Glen Helen Pavilion
Jul. 14 - Seattle, WA @ White River Amphitheater
Jul. 17 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
Jul. 18 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Jul. 19 - Denver, CO @ Coors Amphitheater
Jul. 21 - Kansas City, KS @ Sandstone Amphitheater
Jul. 22 - St. Louis, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 24 - Atlanta, GA @ Lakewood Amphitheater
Jul. 25 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Centre
Jul. 26 - Chicago, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Jul. 28 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheater
Jul. 29 – Scranton, PA @ Toyota Pavilion
Jul. 31 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Center
Aug. 01 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
Aug. 02 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Aug. 04 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center for the Perf. Arts
Aug. 06 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Aug. 07 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
Aug. 08 - Hartford, CT @ New England Dodge Music Center
Aug. 09 - Washington, DC @ Nissan Pavilion
Aug. 11 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheatre
Aug. 12 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater
Aug. 14 - Dallas, TX @ Superpages.com Center
Aug. 15 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchel Pavilion
Aug. 16 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

mankvill
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
You bastard, I can't believe you stole my thread from me. :mad:

haha

Also: I pray to Christ almighty that the order of the 2nd stage is FUCKING BACKWARDS

But to be honest?

SLAYER
CANNIBAL CORPSE
BEHEMOTH

I'm fucking in. :party:

edit: shit, i just realized that the KC date is my Dad's birthday.

JRA
01-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Well this is proof that the "big four of thrash" are now irrelevant. Metallica sold out, Anthrax are dicks, Megadeth's songwriting is washed up, and Slayer sold out to the "hip horror" crowd while their fanbase is too stupid to notice.

TonyD
01-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Well this is proof that the "big four of thrash" are now irrelevant. Metallica sold out, Anthrax are dicks, Megadeth's songwriting is washed up, and Slayer sold out to the "hip horror" crowd while their fanbase is too stupid to notice.

It's not the fact that Metallica sold out that disappoints me, it's just that I hate their music now.

What did Anthrax do to you?

Megadeth needs more Marty.

Slayer never did anything wrong themselves, but it's the fact that they haven't put out anything that they haven't before since 1990, which there is no shame in.

At any rate, who cares? Would I have liked to see all four of those bands in their heyday? Yes.
But I got to see Meshuggah, Mastodon, High on Fire and Opeth within the same year.

TonyD
01-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Also: I pray to Christ almighty that the order of the 2nd stage is FUCKING BACKWARDS

SLAYER
CANNIBAL CORPSE
BEHEMOTH

That's what I was thinking.

Still not worth it unless tickets are $20 bucks.

Edit: AND parking is free.

SomewhereInTime72
01-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Slayer never did anything wrong themselves, but it's the fact that they haven't put out anything that they haven't before since 1990, which there is no shame in.

........??? where have you been the past 15 years

TonyD
01-26-2009, 09:55 PM
........??? where have you been the past 15 years

It's just slower lol

mankvill
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Still not worth it unless tickets are $20 bucks.

Edit: AND parking is free.

Not to me.

Slayer, CC, and Behemoth are the bands I really like, but I'm looking forward to All That Remains, The Black Dahlia Murder and God Forbid. I'm kinda curious to hear Trivium live as well. And perhaps the same with BFMV.

There's more than enough reason for me to go to this.

SSSSSSSLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Wizzbang11
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
The fact that Bullet for My Valentine are headlining above Corpse sickens me.
Actually the fact that Corpse are on the tour sickens me.
Fuck this mean I have to go, Corpse and Slayer and all.
But I hate most of the bands here. Fuck.

mankvill
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
The fact that Bullet for My Valentine are headlining above Corpse sickens me.
Actually the fact that Corpse are on the tour sickens me.
Fuck this mean I have to go, Corpse and Slayer and all.
But I hate most of the bands here. Fuck.

I see it as the headliner of the "Hot Topic" stage is bigger than the last couple of bands on the Second Stage. Just kinda weird how they do that.

BFMV will put mallgoth asses in the seats. :(

Div
01-26-2009, 10:05 PM
holy fucking shit

thats an ozzfest worthy lineup

b_halperin
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
i would enjoy seeing every band on that list
excluding:
marilyn manson
blow job for a cowboy

mankvill
01-26-2009, 10:11 PM
marilyn manson
whitechapel

fixed

there are 2 songs i like half of by JFAC

:eyes:

TonyD
01-26-2009, 10:17 PM
i would enjoy seeing every band on that list
excluding:
marilyn manson
blow job for a cowboy

There's something wrong if you want to see Trivium and BFMV but can't respect Job For A Cowboy. Most of their fans are annoying but they're worth watching.

holy fucking shit

thats an ozzfest worthy lineup

I hope not.
It's random, but I'd love to see Ozzy on the second stage again. It was way more fun being up close on the dirt, and other than the heat, he looked like he was having a better time.

JuuKun
01-27-2009, 02:09 AM
I really hope the Hot Topic stage lineup is backwards. No way would Behemoth be over Cannibal Corpse, and I find it hard to believe that Whitechapel is headlining the stage. :confused:

August 4th in Boston?
I'd love to see Behemoth again. Maybe.

HugeRockStar
01-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Weird. Everything besides the main stage looks backwards. If CC is actually playing before all those bands thats disgusting, and I'm sure God Forbid is not bigger than Trivium and ATR lol.

This is not coming by me, but we get the headline Cannibal Corpse tour which is much better IMO.

Derelict
01-27-2009, 04:12 AM
Another tour to not spend my hard earned dollars on

Spiral_Slave
01-27-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm sorry but this is fucking bullshit. Way to suck Slayer.

JRA
01-27-2009, 05:54 AM

Well, by "Anthrax are dicks" I meant to say, Scott and Charlie have dropped the ball on two classic lineups. Plus they were succumbing to trends as well.

300%_Density
01-27-2009, 07:35 AM
The actual order of the stage atleast according to Blabbermouth is:
CANNIBAL CORPSE
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
JOB FOR A COWBOY
BEHEMOTH
WHITECHAPEL

C'mon people did you reall think that Whitechapel was really headlining? Def no complaints out of me w/ that line up!!!

Div
01-27-2009, 08:45 AM
I hope not.
It's random, but I'd love to see Ozzy on the second stage again. It was way more fun being up close on the dirt, and other than the heat, he looked like he was having a better time.

i think you misunderstood me, what i meant by that was that this lineup is a complete failure :D

JuuKun
01-27-2009, 09:12 AM
From a Behemoth bulletin on Myspace:
Behemoth will also play with Slayer on their 3-week pre-Mayhem Festival
tour.
That tour will include a dates on „B-markets” – smaller cities
which the Mayhem Festival will not reach.
We will update you with the dates
and more information real soon.

I'd much rather see this :party: I'd probably travel farther for this if it meant not going to Mayhem. I'll wait to see the dates, though.

mankvill
01-27-2009, 10:08 AM
tour.

I'd much rather see this :party: I'd probably travel farther for this if it meant not going to Mayhem. I'll wait to see the dates, though.

I wanna go to both! :tongue:

Maiden33
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM

You know what that means. Time to crank the Overkill...

TonyD
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
i think you misunderstood me, what i meant by that was that this lineup is a complete failure :D

That's what I was hoping

Also, Slayer and Behemoth are doing a "pre tour" tour that will hit some of the mid-size cities, which would be worth seeing.

SomewhereInTime72
01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
tour.

I would like to just see Behemoth, hehe.

JuuKun
01-27-2009, 10:47 AM
You know what that means. Time to crank the Destruction...

I completely agree.

Spiral_Slave
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM
The day Exodus, Kreator, Overkill, or Destruction play some bullshit hipster festival is the day I blow off my own nutsack

Wizzbang11
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Bands I want to See:
Cannibal Corpse
Slayer
Behemoth

Bands I will put up with/and curious about:
Manson
JFAC

Bands I do not want to see/will not put up with:
Bullet for my Valentine
Whitechapel
God Forbid
Trivium
All That Remains
any other bands that happen to be on tour, because they must suck

b1indedbyfear
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Cannibal Corpse mid/small market tour is comign to Richmond, Slayer might as well too.

Hope Manson plays last so I can leave early again. I like pretty much everyone besides Bullet for my Valentine and Job For A Cowboy. Plus it gives me a reason to go to Pittsburgh for a weekend.

mankvill
01-27-2009, 12:27 PM
You know what that means. Time to crank the Overkill...

E
limination

Derelict
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
The day Exodus, Kreator, Overkill, or Destruction play some bullshit hipster festival is the day I blow off my own nutsack

wasn't exodus on a tour playing before hatebreed? i really can't begrudge most of the decisions bands make trying to further their career, make a few bucks.

mankvill
01-27-2009, 02:16 PM

uh

are you calling this festival hipster?

:lol:

it's...it's not.

Spiral_Slave
01-27-2009, 02:49 PM
uh

are you calling this festival hipster?

:lol:

it's...it's not.

Well that's like...your opinion, man.

Slipknot, DragonForce, Disturbed, Machine Head last year. Bullet For my Valentine, Whitechapel, Job For A Cowboy and Marilyn Manson this year. If this festival isn't directed RIGHT AT all the little kids who play guitar hero and shop only at hot topic, then I guess I'm just loosing my mind.

mankvill
01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Well that's like...your opinion, man.

Slipknot, DragonForce, Disturbed, Machine Head last year. Bullet For my Valentine, Whitechapel, Job For A Cowboy and Marilyn Manson this year. If this festival isn't directed RIGHT AT all the little kids who play guitar hero and shop only at hot topic, then I guess I'm just loosing my mind.

that's "mallcore", not Hipster

GAWD

*sips coffee, puts on tight pants, and listens to animal collective*

Spiral_Slave
01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
that's "mallcore", not Hipster

GAWD

*sips coffee, puts on tight pants, and listens to animal collective*

My bad.

But really, I think in music; but moreso in metal than in any other genre, the bands really should think about the fans more. I mean how do you think it feels for fans of Slayer from like the 80's and 90's who have bought every single album, paid to go to shows, bought t-shirts etc to have Slayer do a tour like this? I mean I'm not trying to be a whiny bitch, and I really don't care that much about this, but it's just something I think they could take into consideration because at the end of the day, that's who's gonna be buying the actual albums, and supporting the bands; not these little teenage kids who are just gonna download like 3 songs and buy a shirt from hot topic. And yes, I realize that's a generalization.

That being said, I still love Slayer and if you go to this show and enjoy it more power to you but that's just my :2cents:

mankvill
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
My bad.

But really, I think in music; but moreso in metal than in any other genre, the bands really should think about the fans more. I mean how do you think it feels for fans of Slayer from like the 80's and 90's who have bought every single album, paid to go to shows, bought t-shirts etc to have Slayer do a tour like this? I mean I'm not trying to be a whiny bitch, and I really don't care that much about this, but it's just something I think they could take into consideration because at the end of the day, that's who's gonna be buying the actual albums, and supporting the bands; not these little teenage kids who are just gonna download like 3 songs and buy a shirt from hot topic. And yes, I realize that's a generalization.

That being said, I still love Slayer and if you go to this show and enjoy it more power to you but that's just my :2cents:

Yeah, I understand what you mean. They need to make some $$$ so they do stuff like this. :(

JRA
01-27-2009, 04:07 PM

How bout you just blow Richard Simmons? It's just as emasculating and it would be a lot less painful and messy. :eyes: :money:

xStructualDefect
01-27-2009, 06:37 PM
hmmm looks like i'll be going to this. mainly because its a metal festival and i go to hyundai pavillion once a year so yea.

i'm mainly interested in seeing Black Dahlia Murder, as they are my favorite off the lineup and put on a killer show. Killswitch Engage should be pretty cool too. I listen to Bullet For My Valentine sometimes but they attract some really lame fans and some of their songs are lame.

i'm still looking forward to seeing every band on the lineup though. i've seen Whitechapel before and as lame as their crowd was they put on a good show. ATR and Trivium were also good when i saw them a few years back.

rjturtle9
01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
damn i'm going to this. i really don't wanna go through the horror of slayer and manson fans in the same arean, and this time it will be worse cause of the mallcore and posers, but damn i really enjoyed last years mayhemfest, and damn slayer!!!!!!

hot_turkey_ed
01-27-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll be attending this concert. I thoroughly enjoyed the Slayer / Manson combo thingy last year. It will be a fun day! :fingers:

mankvill
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll be attending this concert. I thoroughly enjoyed the Slayer / Manson combo thingy last year. It will be a fun day! :fingers:

:fist:

300%_Density
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow the first thing I thought of (after looking for a KC date) was wow this is way better than last year and wow will people still be angry about this b/c of BFMV or Whitechapel or Manson. Let's take a look at Download Festival, on Friday there was Judas Priest and Motorhead on the mainstage. Playing on the same stage was Black Tide and Beat Union (???). On side stage you had Black Dahlia Murder w/ goddamn Simple Plan. Amon Amarth w/ HIM & The Devil Wears Prada.

Or even the year before, Megadeth on the same stage w/ Wolfmother, Headliner My Chemical Romance, Hinder and Buckcherry. Linkin Park headlining over Slayer, Machine Head, Shadows Fall. Evanescence on the same stage as Iron Maiden. Billy Talent headlining a side stage over Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir & Napalm Death.

Point being on any type of festival whether its a 3 day festival or one that goes on for 2 months there will always be hate from some. Isn't a festival normally something that has several types of genre's which brings out a diverse group of people? Say what you will but the point of putting on concerts is still to make money and honestly these will bring in plenty of it. I was hoping people would be greatful for Slayer/Behemoth/Cannibal Corpse which still brings respectibility. Alot of these are people that might not normally see a band like Behemoth or Cannibal Corpse but hey you might get more fans that you might not already have and really no band would turn down new fans. Can't please everybody I guess.:)

Sinfulsot
01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, by "Anthrax are dicks" I meant to say, Scott and Charlie have dropped the ball on two classic lineups. Plus they were succumbing to trends as well.

is that more just selling out than being dicks?

TonyD
01-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Manson is a total badass!!!1 (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113289)

"I have good news and I have bad news to announce," declares Manson. "The good news is that I am completely aware now that our music and our Mayhem tour will have a negative, destructive influence on America. The bad news is that I don't give a f***."

Div
01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
the only negative and destructive influence this has is on the metal music industry.

mankvill
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Killswitch Engage is confirmed for the main stage.

b_halperin
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Killswitch Engage is confirmed for the main stage.

yea i found that out on feb 14 when i saw a poster up for mayhem 2009 and their name was on it!! im excited