View Full Version : Slipknot -- St. Paul, MN -- January 23rd, 2009

jeremysaal
01-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Tour: All Hope is Gone Tour 2009
Headliner: Slipknot
Support: Trivium, Coheed and Cambria
Venue: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
Date: January 23, 2009

What an awesome show! I haven't caught these guys in a few years and was very pleased that one of my 10-year-old sons brought up the idea of going. We picked up some last minute tickets (which were awesome) and spent another great evening at the Xcel Energy Center.

This was the first date of Slipknot's All hope is Gone Tour. The crowd was great and the band did not disappoint. Trivium started the show and actually tore it up! We sat through their entire set and loved it. Coheed and Cambria was next. We listened to their first song, had enough of that, then went for a nice walk around the Xcel Energy Center, bought a shirt, and waited for Slipknot.

My son was given a set list by one of the security guards on the way to the men's room (this was during Slipknot's set). He saw us walk, then stop to listen to what song was just beginning. He walked up to us and I told him that we had to hear what was playing before we ran into the bathroom. He smiled, pulled out a set list, and handed it to my son. His first one!

Catch this tour!

Slipknot Set List:

Intro/(Sic) Intro
(Sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
Me Inside
Before I Forget
Dead Memories
Left Behind
The Blister Exists
Frail Limb Nursery
Purity
Everything Ends
Psychosocial
Duality
People = Shit

Surfacing
Spit it Out

mankvill
01-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Awesome review. However, I don't think I'm gonna catch this show tomorrow. :(

jeremysaal
01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Awesome review. However, I don't think I'm gonna catch this show tomorrow. :(

Thanks man! You should catch this show. If it wasn't for one of my boys, I wouldn't have gone tonight. I am so glad that he talked me into going (didn't take too much convincing). This show was for him, but I ended up loving it just as much as he did.

Now get your ass to sleep and go to Kansas City tomorrow!

Have a good one!

rjturtle9
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
that's a better set than mayhem. that's it, i'm going :party:

immortalkz
01-24-2009, 02:39 AM
o man the played my favorite song and i didnt even go. oh well

(sic)&disturbed
01-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Cool Wait and Bleed and Duality made it back into the set!

Metal_Head
01-24-2009, 07:17 AM
What time did the show end?

jeremysaal
01-24-2009, 07:50 AM
What time did the show end?

The show ended around 10:45. I made it home with enough time to catch a couple of episodes of South Park before midnight!

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
01-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Tour: All Hope is Gone Tour 2009
Headliner: Slipknot
Support: Trivium, Coheed and Cambria
Venue: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
Date: January 23, 2009

Slipknot Set List:

Intro/(Sic) Intro
(Sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
Me Inside
Before I Forget
Dead Memories
Left Behind
Blister
Frail Limb
Purity
Everything Ends
Psychosocial
Duality
People = Shit

Surfacing
Spit

Trivium:
Intro
Kirisute Gomen
Down From The Sky
??????????
Like Light To The Flys
Gun Shot
Pull Harder
Outro: One Winged Angel

I forgot one or 2 of their tunes!

Coheed and Cambria:

Intro
Welcome Home
???????
???????
The Running Free
No World For Tomorrow
The Growing(Or somthing like that)
????????

I forget 3 of their tunes, these may not be in the right order also

Killer show though, whats that song of SK that sounds like their screaming NA-PALM ?

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
Me Inside
Left Behind
Frail Limb
Purity
Everything Ends
Spit[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all, those are very nice comebacks in the set. One minor complaint is that they didn't open with execute./Gematria, or at least play some good new songs off of the new record. But they clearly made up by playing awesome old songs, specially from their 1st. I was going to this in the city at MSG but it is too much money and I would rather see Anthrax for free in the city that same day. Still, a great set nonetheless.

dan12con
01-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Good f'in set!

I thought Coheed would be a weird fit for this bill.

causeofdeath
01-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Trivium:
Intro
Kirisute Gomen
Down From The Sky
??????????
Like Light To The Flys
Gun Shot
Pull Harder
Outro: One Winged Angel

I forgot one or 2 of their tunes!

Coheed and Cambria:

Intro
Welcome Home
???????
???????
The Running Free
No World For Tomorrow
The Growing(Or somthing like that)
????????

I forget 3 of their tunes, these may not be in the right order also

Killer show though, whats that song of SK that sounds like their screaming NA-PALM ?

Coheeds set (from internet)
Welcome Home
Al the Killer
Gravemakers and Gunslingers
No World For Tomorrow
The End Complete
The Crowing
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

300%_Density
01-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I'll be honest about this and I know I'm in the minority for this but I'm probably looking more forward to seeing Coheed for this tour than I am anybody else. Trivium is pretty good opening band but not my favorite by any means. And I know I'm not the only one here that feels this way but when I think of a Slipknot show I just think of all these stupid redneck fucks going to a show and honestly it makes the show a little less enjoyable in my opinion. I have seen Slipknot a few times and they do but on a good show but its others that ruin the show. Hopefully in Tulsa there will be a lane for parents to drop off their kids at the BOK Center. I saw Coheed @ Warped Tour a few years ago and really enjoyed them and Claudio is still a pretty amazing guitar player. I have no problem taking shit for this. I know I cant be the only one that feels this way.

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
01-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Coheeds set (from internet)
Welcome Home
Al the Killer
Gravemakers and Gunslingers
No World For Tomorrow
The End Complete
The Crowing
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

Thanks! Do ya know that one song I missed by Trivium?

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
01-25-2009, 06:54 AM
I'll be honest about this and I know I'm in the minority for this but I'm probably looking more forward to seeing Coheed for this tour than I am anybody else. Trivium is pretty good opening band but not my favorite by any means. And I know I'm not the only one here that feels this way but when I think of a Slipknot show I just think of all these stupid redneck fucks going to a show and honestly it makes the show a little less enjoyable in my opinion. I have seen Slipknot a few times and they do but on a good show but its others that ruin the show. Hopefully in Tulsa there will be a lane for parents to drop off their kids at the BOK Center. I saw Coheed @ Warped Tour a few years ago and really enjoyed them and Claudio is still a pretty amazing guitar player. I have no problem taking shit for this. I know I cant be the only one that feels this way.

In my opinion Trivium and Coheed did a fuckin Kick ass job! I was more there for the support bands then the Headliner! I loved Coheed's set and Trivium was amazing! The Slipknot Cult were kind of rude to Coheed they were close to the end of their set and here they are getting booed! I was like come one man, show some respect, they are playing their heavy shit for this crowd and it was a great show!

So in short, YOU ARE NOT ALONE MY BROTHER!

jeremysaal
01-25-2009, 09:34 AM

Nothing wrong with that. We all have our own favorites.

Never be a follower!

Have a good one!

jeremysaal
01-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks! Do ya know that one song I missed by Trivium?

I can't seem to find this one either. Hopefully, someone will put up some video on youtube or something, so we can figure it out.

Have a good one!

JRA
01-25-2009, 12:16 PM
In my opinion Trivium and Coheed did a fuckin Kick ass job! I was more there for the support bands then the Headliner! I loved Coheed's set and Trivium was amazing! The Slipknot Cult were kind of rude to Coheed they were close to the end of their set and here they are getting booed! I was like come one man, show some respect, they are playing their heavy shit for this crowd and it was a great show!

So in short, YOU ARE NOT ALONE MY BROTHER!

Coheed & Cambria probably have more credibility on this site than the other two, so you aren't in the minority here.:)

300%_Density
01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Thank you it is nice to be amongst intelligent people who can see Coheed and appreciate it for what it is w/o thinking its some crappy emo/Fall Out Boy/Insert Any Other Emo Band Here - type band. I was hoping I wasnt in the minority nice to have others speak up as well. Just ordered my tickets for the show, can't wait and even better w/ AC/DC tomorrow!!!! :rocker:

b_halperin
01-26-2009, 12:13 AM

im really looking forward to coheed and cambria also, yet not as much as slipknottt

b_halperin
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Slipknot Set List:

Spit

question.. did they play spit it out?, or their 1997 demo spit?

jeremysaal
01-26-2009, 01:01 PM
question.. did they play spit it out?, or their 1997 demo spit?

Their set list says Spit, but they definitely played Spit it Out. Unfortunately, I copied the set list and posted it here. All better now!

I have not heard the demo song. I'll have to look that one up.

Thanks and have a good one!

death666
01-29-2009, 11:58 AM
When slipknot played spit it out did they do the thing wen every1 gets down?

jeremysaal
01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
When slipknot played spit it out did they do the thing wen every1 gets down?

Hey there,

Yes they did. It was cool seeing everyone in the stadium get down and then jump up. Everyone was down for over a minute before the jump. I've been to tons of shows and have never seen that before. Pretty sweet!

b_halperin
02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
only problem is the absence of the heretic anthem..

Hammerzeit
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
That set straight up destroys the london one i got back in december. Why aren't they playing more off the new one? Some of them aren't that bad.