PDA

View Full Version : High On Fire -- San Jose, CA -- December 12th, 2008

TonyD
12-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Turk
Death Is This Communion
Speedwolf
Commeth Down Hessian
To Cross the Bridge (cut off during the solo due to guitar issues)
Rumors of War/Dii
Brother In The Wind
Waste of Tiamat
Devilution
Fireface
Fury Whip

Kind of a bittersweet night. I got to see High On Fire about a mile away from school for free, which meant standing in the rain outside a little bar. Since I'm not as much satisfied as stoked on them again, I'll be going to the SF show on Thursday. The setlist was identical except they swapped out Cyclopian Scape for Fireface. Didn't see that one coming.
I'd also like to note that it didn't start raining until they broke into Death Is This Communion.
"The pact is made with human sacrifice, under storm filled skies"
That's one thing Tegan & Sara can't do.

ADD
12-13-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure they played Fireface in LA as well in reading other reviews from that show, which of course rules since its one of their best songs and Cyclopian Scape is kinda boring. Hope they play a longer set on Thursday but no matter what I'm stoked to see them :rocker:

mankvill
12-13-2008, 02:58 PM
That's one thing Tegan & Sara can't do.

:lol:

TonyD
12-14-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they played Fireface in LA as well in reading other reviews from that show, which of course rules since its one of their best songs and Cyclopian Scape is kinda boring. Hope they play a longer set on Thursday but no matter what I'm stoked to see them :rocker:

There were 2 opening bands as opposed to 1 on Thursday, and it's starting earlier so there's a good chance it will be longer. Are you driving or taking bart up?