PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest To Begin Work On Lord Of The Rings Concept Album [ FUNNY! ]

Div
12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
-------------------------------------------------
After releasing their successful hit album Nostradamus, Judas Priest has begun writing their next album which will be based around the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Recording is scheduled to begin in April 2009.

Tracklisting:

1. Riddles in the Dark (intro) [Downing]
2. Little Men/Big Hearts [Tipton/Downing]
3. The Tower of Power [Halford]
4. Balrog [Tipton/Downing]
5. Orc Battle [Tipton/Downing]
6. Bursting the Wizards Dam [Halford]
7. At Dawn I Come [Halford]
8. Reincarnation of the King Through the Fabric of Time [Tipton/Downing]
9. Orc Battle [Tipton/Downing]
10. Elven Alliance [Tipton/Downing]
11. Pitched Into the Volcano [Halford]
12. Without the Ring the Tower Will Fall (outro) [Halford]
13. Boogie Shoes [Cover - K.C. & the Sunshine Band]

We got a chance to talk with the band in regards to this new project. "Our last album was really progressive," said lead guitarist Glen Tipton, " we want our next one to go above and beyond what we did with Nostradamus. There's so much more room for improvement, that's why we're bringing in a ton of musical influences from all over the place. This will be our best album yet." K.K. Downing added, "Rob's been taking trombone lessons recently, one of the songs is just going to be an 8 minute trombone solo. We also got some gothic choir singers to fill in the background of my balalaika melodies in a few songs. This is what metal is all about." The band was then asked if they had a tour planned for this album yet. "Of course we're still in the early phases but we've been looking into some bands to headline for us." said vocalist Rob Halford, "We don't really know what's going on with metal anymore so we asked some of the other big bands how they pick their opening acts. Steve Harris (bassist, Iron Maiden) said that for his last couple tours he just went into an AIM chatroom and asked some of the kids what was hot in the scene today and what they'd like to see, right? So we did the same thing and we looked a few bands up on myspace, they all sounded pretty heavy. Electric guitars and screaming, you know, metal right? So we narrowed it down to two bands; Job for a Cowboy, I figured, ya know, cowboys are popular over in the States so that will sell tickets really well, and the other band was called Dragonforce, they can play really fast and they sing about dragons and glory and shit, I think it will really tie in with the theme of the album and all."

We attempted to contact Dragonforce to verify if this was true but we only got Herman Li's voicemail.

"YOU REACH HERMAN RI, GUITARIST FOR BAND DRAGONFOWRCE, I PWAY REARY REARY FAST, YOU REAVE MESSAGE NOW!"

More updates on this album and tour will be posted as information becomes available.

source (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/cb/Lost_Tehh_Game.jpg)

:eek::eek::eek:

SomewhereInTime72
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
6. Bursting the Wizards Dam [Halford]
7. At Dawn I Come [Halford]

LOL

nicely done, i lost

JRA
12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
"YOU REACH HERMAN RI, GUITARIST FOR BAND DRAGONFOWRCE, I PWAY REARY REARY FAST, YOU REAVE MESSAGE NOW!"

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

mankvill
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
:cool:

Maiden33
12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

Yes, but it's also hilarious.

rjturtle9
12-04-2008, 07:55 PM
-------------------------------------------------
the other band was called Dragonforce, they can play really fast and they sing about dragons and glory and shit, I think it will really tie in with the theme of the album and all."

We attempted to contact Dragonforce to verify if this was true but we only got Herman Li's voicemail.

:mad::finger2::flame::axe::nonono::nag::wallbang:: chair::censored::foaming:

haha but nah it was pretty funny ;)

TonyD
12-04-2008, 11:02 PM
For those of you who don't completely understand who Herman Ri is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSNLfa1VPwo

ravenheart
12-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Damn this is funny.

"Rob's been taking trombone lessons" hahaha.

Fe Maiden
12-05-2008, 08:28 AM
At Dawn I Come [Halford]
:eyes:

SomewhereInTime72
12-05-2008, 08:41 AM
12. Without the Ring the Tower Will Fall (outro) [Halford]

I JUST got the innuendo here. :D :lol: :eyes:

SirLardsAlot
12-05-2008, 09:06 AM
5. Orc Battle [Tipton/Downing]
9. Orc Battle [Tipton/Downing]