PDA

View Full Version : Goo Goo Dolls?

RattleHead26
12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
i know they're not metal, but they're still a great band. does anybody know when they're doing a full scale tour again? a bunch of friends and myself would love to see them.

mankvill
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsRXqoa5EB4

Maiden33
12-03-2008, 09:51 PM
First of all, I don't give a damn what anyone says, I really enjoy a lot of their music, particularly the Superstar Car Wash and A Boy Named Goo. I think Rzeznik is a damn good songwriter and despite them being a 180 from what I typically listen to, I really do enjoy and get a lot out of a lot of their music. However the last album really let me down, a lot of the edge from their past releases was totally gone.
And no, I don't care if I get flamed for saying I really enjoy them. This board is always preaching open-mindedness, but I wouldn't be surprised to get bashed for not liking the "right kind" of "different" music.

And lastly, unfortunately I can't give you any news on what they're currently up to. My guess is google the name, find the official website, and go from there.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Long Way Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNCUV2YO6I) is a good tune.

JRA
12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
They were played waayyy too much on Vh1 on school day mornings. Thus I hated them.

powerslave_85
12-04-2008, 08:14 PM
However the last album really let me down, a lot of the edge from their past releases was totally gone.Yeah, even Dizzy Up the Girl and Gutterflower each had a couple of "edgier" songs on them that were really good. The last album was just 100% saccharine garbage.

They were my first favorite band, and they stayed that way until I got into Maiden in high school. Hold Me Up, Superstar Car Wash, and A Boy Named Goo are all great pop-rock albums, even if they were trying a bit too hard to be The Replacements. I still put on their older albums from time to time.

Maiden33
12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, even Dizzy Up the Girl and Gutterflower each had a couple of "edgier" songs on them that were really good. The last album was just 100% saccharine garbage.

They were my first favorite band, and they stayed that way until I got into Maiden in high school. Hold Me Up, Superstar Car Wash, and A Boy Named Goo are all great pop-rock albums, even if they were trying a bit too hard to be The Replacements. I still put on their older albums from time to time.

Yeah. Holy fuck, this is probably the first and last time you and I will ever agree!

zgodt
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Hold Me Up, Superstar Car Wash, and A Boy Named Goo are all great pop-rock albums, even if they were trying a bit too hard to be The Replacements.

Yeah.

They went downhill in a hurry after A Boy Named Goo.