PDA

View Full Version : Am I an elitist?

mankvill
12-03-2008, 09:30 AM
I hate deathcore and I'm not going to shy away from expressing my opinions. I've said that I've yet to hear a deathcore band that doesn't sound like any other deathcore band to warrant the popularity of the genre. I also said it's essentially a fad for scene kids to hardcore dance to breakdowns. Am I an elitist? D:

kekeke (http://www.metalsucks.net/2008/12/03/job-for-a-cowboy-all-shall-perish-animosity-annotations-of-an-autopsy-bands-that-totally-arent-deathcore-play-a-deathcore-show-in-rhode-island/)

DethMaiden
12-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Have you heard The Red Chord? I don't really think of them as deathcore but a lot of people do, and I love them.

ravenheart
12-03-2008, 09:38 AM
No, you're right ;)

mankvill
12-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Have you heard The Red Chord? I don't really think of them as deathcore but a lot of people do, and I love them.

I have not, but from what I've heard, they are pretty good.

Actually, I think I have heard a bit of them on Youtube. Do they have a song called "Dogs Can Grow Hair All Over" or something? I heard that and it wasn't bad.

Hey, if they are deathcore, they can't be that bad. They're playing Maryland Deathfest for the 2nd time. :)

mankvill
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
No, you're right ;)

THAT'S WHAT I'M TELLING THESE FOOLS!

Ben Folds Ist Krieg :fist:

DethMaiden
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I have not, but from what I've heard, they are pretty good.

Actually, I think I have heard a bit of them on Youtube. Do they have a song called "Dogs Can Grow Hair All Over" or something? I heard that and it wasn't bad.

Hey, if they are deathcore, they can't be that bad. They're playing Maryland Deathfest for the 2nd time. :)

Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over is the Devil Wears Prada. I'm not a big fan.

If you want to get into the Red Chord, hear some stuff from the Clients album: "Black Santa", "Blue Line Cretin", "Fixation on Plastics", "He Was Dead When I Got There", etc. 'sall good.

mankvill
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over is the Devil Wears Prada. I'm not a big fan.

If you want to get into the Red Chord, hear some stuff from the Clients album: "Black Santa", "Blue Line Cretin", "Fixation on Plastics", "He Was Dead When I Got There", etc. 'sall good.

Okay, I know TDWP very good and I really don't like them. I guess it was a different song I heard from The Red Chord. It was definitely them, though.

*checks youtube*

oh, it's the other dog song, "Dreaming In Dog Years" that I heard.

DethMaiden
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Okay, I know TDWP very good and I really don't like them. I guess it was a different song I heard from The Red Chord. It was definitely them, though.

*checks youtube*

oh, it's the other dog song, "Dreaming In Dog Years" that I heard.

Great song. "IT'S NOT GONNA BE ALRIGHT, IT'S NOT GONNA BE OKAY"

mankvill
12-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I will definitely give them a listen when I get home. They have done a bunch of shows with Skeletonwitch, so they can't be terrible. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Shit sux.

JRA
12-03-2008, 01:09 PM
No, but I'm an elitist. Please direct your tongue to my balls.

rjturtle9
12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Shit sux.

:agree:

Div
12-03-2008, 01:57 PM
you're not an elitist, anything ending in the suffix "-core" is shit.

rjturtle9
12-03-2008, 02:01 PM

that's what i've been saying

mankvill
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM

I disagree! The "grind" and perhaps the "hard" (when talking about punk) prefix is good to me.

TonyD
12-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Whalecore!

zgodt
12-03-2008, 06:42 PM

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm_gallery/Manticore.jpg

The manticore begs to differ.