PDA

View Full Version : I'm wasted....ask me anything....

JRA
11-27-2008, 11:09 AM
...and I shall answere with my infinite wisdom.

mankvill
11-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Why does deathcore suck so much?

JRA
11-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Why does deathcore suck so much?

Despite the fact that I am no longer wasted (I sobered up about a half hour ago) and have never heard a single deathcore song ever, I think I have an answer by name alone.

This is a classic case of braggadocio: Trying to convince the world that you are of the highest caliber of an endeavor. But the problem is, the first album might be great, but there's no room for progression, or even trying to create something entirely new. Especailly since bands inside of a sub-sub genre have to conform to its rules, otherwise the meatheaded fans will leave your broke ass out in the cold.

That's why Symbolic & The Sound of Perseverance were the best Death albums. Yea, Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy were brutal as hell, but Chuck had to progress in order to become the legend he is today. Become more of a singwriter instead of consistently dropping brick shaped scultures of balls on your head. Perhaps Symbolic and TSOP aren't the most brutal albums around, but they are indeed refined, and at the very least, heavy.

ChildrenofSodom
11-27-2008, 04:34 PM
From real life, to myspace, to metal-archives....bands are calling themselves deathcore, AKA brutal death metal.

Really? Cause I'm a fan of that pussy death metal.

JRA
11-27-2008, 04:57 PM
From real life, to myspace, to metal-archives....bands are calling themselves deathcore, AKA brutal death metal.

Really? Cause I'm a fan of that pussy death metal.

You mean that melodic death metal shit like In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Arch Enemy. Amiritie?

ChildrenofSodom
11-27-2008, 05:12 PM
You mean that melodic death metal shit like In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Arch Enemy. Amiritie?

urrite maifrend

mankvill
11-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Because I'm stupid and I like dumb music, there actually is a difference between "brutal death metal" and "deathcore". :lol:

Brutal DM bands:

Cannibal Corpse
Skinless
Dying Fetus

Deathcore:
Job For A Cowboy
Bring Me The Horizon
As Blood Runs Black

zgodt
11-27-2008, 08:10 PM
...and I shall answere with my infinite wisdom.

I wasn't here on namechange day. Who are you?

ChildrenofSodom
11-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I wasn't here on namechange day. Who are you?

neilpeartjr

rjturtle9
11-29-2008, 09:20 AM
neilpeartjr

ohh i thought it was someone else haha

Div
12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
what were u drinking

JRA
12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
what were u drinking

Seagrams and Juice followed by two Becks. I was sober again by 7:00 PM.

jhdeity
07-10-2009, 07:19 AM
I was with Death from day 1. Scream Bloody Gore is one of the best albums of all time and certainly Death's best overall. Other albums might have a better song or 2 but from start to finish, SBG is a masterpiece that paved the way for MANY bands and albums after it. The perfect combination of death metal, speed metal and technical prowess. Their later work was more technical but missing too much of the speed aspect for my archaic tastes.

The re-release of SBG with bonus tracks should be in every single person on this forums collection in my not so humble opinion. :horns:

mastodon421
07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
I own Scream Bloody Gore. Its a great album. Death is one of my fave death metal bands ever. My fave if anyone cares is proably Morbid Angel.

JRA
07-10-2009, 07:29 AM
I own Scream Bloody Gore. Its a great album. Death is one of my fave death metal bands ever. My fave if anyone cares is proably Morbid Angel.

I've been wanting to re-listen to the entire Death catalog so I can give the albums a proper ranking. I'm pretty sure Symbolic is #1 and Scream Bloody Gore is #2 though.

mastodon421
07-11-2009, 04:15 AM
i would flip flop those two. Scream Bloody Gore i think is the best and Symbolic is a close second.

jhdeity
07-17-2009, 08:02 AM
That's how I would rank them also especially if you have the SBG remastered with bonus tracks. Sick shit!

Spiritual Healing has some great songs but would be a distant 3rd for me I think then Leprosy