PDA

View Full Version : First 2009 PAGANFEST Details/Bands

mankvill
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
bimbom (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109603)

Korpiklaani
Eluveitie
Primordial
Moonsorrow
Blackguard (formerly Profugus Mortis)
Swashbuckle

The first date of this unique trek has been exclusively revealed on the PaganFest USA MySpace (www.myspace.com/paganfestusa) as May 5, 2009 at Chicago's Powerfest. Details and ticket purchase links for PaganFest USA: Part 2 will be updated on the official MySpace page as they come in so please keep checking back often.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/nbusa/PAGANFESTUSA/PART%20B/PaganFestUSA_Pt2.jpg

The first confirmed dates are as follows:

Apr. 28 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
Apr. 29 - Medley - Montreal, QC
Apr. 30 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC
May 1 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 3 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
May 4 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
May 5 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
May 7 - Chicago Powerfest - Chicago, IL
May 8 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 11 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
May 12 - Warehouse - Calgary, AB
May 14 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
May 17 - House of Blues - Hollywood, CA

JuuKun
11-25-2008, 11:21 AM
:party::party::party:

Primordial and Moonsorrow!!!! Plus Eluveitie's good, but why are they above Moonsorrow :confused:

SomewhereInTime72
11-25-2008, 12:04 PM
This is nowhere near as awesome as 2008's but still seems pretty good.

JuuKun
11-25-2008, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68s5UC55Hc4

:party: All these tour announcements have me looking forward to 2009 so much.

Akumu
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Primordial?

FUCK YES.

HugeRockStar
11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Killer lineup! That is awesome for Profugus Mortis that they're on a big tour like this! I'd rather Moonsorrow headlining though but that's my only complaint.

xStructualDefect
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree nowhere near as good as last years Paganfest.
I was expecting another headliner, and other bands such as Equilibrium, Wintersun, Korpiklaani, or Suidakra, if they werent on Pagan Knights.
But for some reason i had a feeling Moonsorrow would be on this lineup.

I'm pretty much only going for Eluveitie, they were insane last time.
I always thought that Moonsorrow had good music but i can't get into them, they don't have a hook in my opinion that makes you wanna listen to em alot.
and I tried listening to Primordial but honestly they bored me after a bit.
i've never listened to Blackguard so cant say much

Spiral_Slave
12-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Not NEARLY as good as last year. :bouville:

HugeRockStar
12-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Korpiklaani has now been added as the headliner! Fucking right! Wonder why Primordial got bumped from headliner to 3rd support lol.

vmetal52
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Korpiklaani has now been added as the headliner! Fucking right! Wonder why Primordial got bumped from headliner to 3rd support lol.
probably because the response was not good from the people. a lot of people dont know who primordial is based on comments i read on the paganfest myspace page.

ADD
12-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Shit this is hella better than last year, Moonsorrow and Primordial AND Korpiklaani :realchug:

HugeRockStar
12-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah Korpiklaani being added makes this so much better. Can't wait. I just hope Moonsorrow gets a decent amount of time. I'm hoping 40 minutes but with that many bands I doubt it.

Spiral_Slave
12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I really hope they have a Florida date because as much as I love Korpiklaani and Eluveitie, I can't justify leaving state for this.

mankvill
12-18-2008, 03:19 PM
FUCK that's seriously awesome.

updating first post.

JuuKun
12-18-2008, 05:44 PM

I don't know how to react to this news.
In one way, it's GREAT: I really want to see Korpiklaani, and they're the perfect band to headline this. Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing Swashbuckle again.

In another way, it SUCKS: I really wish Primordial was headlining, and adding two bands to the bill means Moonsorrow will probably be raped time-wise, plus WHAT THE HELL is moving Eluveitie over Primordial all about?

In one final way, it leaves me :confused:, and that is: Why is Swashbuckle on this bill? I like them, I don't mind seeing them again, but where does Pirate Themed Thrash Metal fit into Paganfest?

Derelict
12-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Holy crap - i need to see korpiklaani

mankvill
12-18-2008, 09:01 PM
adding two bands to the bill means Moonsorrow will probably be raped time-wise

only one solution:

hour
Paganfest
every
date
:fist:

JuuKun
12-19-2008, 05:43 AM
only one solution:

hour
Paganfest
every
date
:fist:

I could certainly go for that.

I mean, they're the third band playing out of six. We'll be lucky if they'll be able to play two songs :mad:

b_halperin
12-31-2008, 08:37 AM
ELUVEITIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mankvill
01-14-2009, 04:30 PM
The first confirmed dates are as follows:

Apr. 29 - Medley – Montreal, QC
May 01 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 04 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
May 07 - Chicago Powerfest - Chicago, IL
May 08 - The Lab - St. Paul, MN

blabber (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112484)

:bouville:

Akumu
01-18-2009, 11:03 AM
May 01 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA

Same day as Nightwish in Hartford, which is closer and, since the Webster's honoring tickets from last year's canceled show, free for me. Arrrgh, decisions. :crosseyed

b_halperin
01-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Same day as Nightwish in Hartford, which is closer and, since the Webster's honoring tickets from last year's canceled show, free for me. Arrrgh, decisions. :crosseyed

id take paganfest anyday imo

mankvill
01-30-2009, 11:20 AM
nevermind about dis here post :lol:

JuuKun
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
ATTENTION: DON'T LISTEN TO MANKVILL'S POST!

That is the Paganfest myspace, not the Paganfest USA myspace. If it doesn't have "USA" or "America" on the end, it is referring to the EUROPEAN version. Always.

The US version actually just announced some more dates the other day, that news there is a few weeks old. The North American version of Paganfest is STILL ON.

Proof?

As you know, postponed is not abandoned and so we'll be happy to see you on the european battlegrounds by the end of the year!

:)

JuuKun
01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Also, as I mentioned above, some new dates were added (very quietly, actually) to the Paganfest myspace earlier this week. The current schedule:

Apr. 29 - Medley - Montreal, QC
May 1 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 3 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
May 4 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
May 5 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
May 7 - Chicago Powerfest - Chicago, IL
May 8 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 11 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
May 12 - Warehouse - Calgary, AB
May 14 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA

mankvill
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
ATTENTION: DON'T LISTEN TO MANKVILL'S POST!

That is the Paganfest myspace, not the Paganfest USA myspace. If it doesn't have "USA" or "America" on the end, it is referring to the EUROPEAN version. Always.

The US version actually just announced some more dates the other day, that news there is a few weeks old. The North American version of Paganfest is STILL ON.

Proof?

:)

...oh. :lol:

I wasn't paying attention, haha

Derelict
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
That open date may 2nd needs to be allentown or philadelphia

b_halperin
01-30-2009, 02:22 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Derelict
02-18-2009, 03:42 AM
That open date may 2nd needs to be allentown or philadelphia

thank god, sat may 2nd is at croc rock

Akumu
03-13-2009, 10:56 AM
WTF (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116089)

Swiss folk band ELUVEITIE has been forced to pull out of the "PaganFest America: Part II" tour, which is scheduled to kick off in late April in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Commented the tour organizers: "We've decided that it would be wiser to wait for the band to return in the fall since they've already played during Paganfest America 2008's touring cycle. On the bright side, ELUVEITIE will return on a new tour we are currently working on (yes…we're working on something very cool for this fall) where ELUVEITIE will play an acoustic and a full metal set and it will be worth the wait. With this being said, we have increased the playing times of all the bands on Paganfest America and whether you come for your favorite or for all of the bands, you will get the set time you and the bands deserve!"

mankvill
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
WTF (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116089)

well now moonsorrow gets a longer set. :D

JuuKun
03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
YES! More time for Moonsorrow and Primordial! :party:

I like Eluveitie, but this is good news!

That Fall tour sounds pretty cool though, wonder if this "cool" thing they have planned is Heidenfest USA, which I've heard is supposedly being planned?

Derelict
03-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Hm, with one less band, there is a slightly higher chance of me still being coherent by the time Korpiklaani comes out.

xStructualDefect
03-13-2009, 09:10 PM
i'm pretty disappointed. Eluveite were the main band i wanted to see. I thought they put on the best show last year at Paganfest. now that Eluveite is off, im debating whether i want to go to this to see Korpiklaani or Opeth the night before. i've never seen Opeth before and have heard many great things.

hopefully that fall tour is really cool. they should add bands like wintersun, equilibrium, ensiferum, finntroll, kalmah, norther, etc.