PDA

View Full Version : Hate Eternal -- Lawrence, KS -- November 21st, 2008

mankvill
11-21-2008, 11:17 PM
One of the worst, if not the worst, concerts I've been to. Hate Eternal was fucking awesome, as expected. Everything else about it, though...:mad:

Hate Eternal:

Hell Envenom
Whom Gods May Destroy
Behold Judas
The Obscure Terror
The Bringer Of Storms
Catacombs
To Know Our Enemies
Powers That Be
I, Monarch
Tombeau
King Of All Kings

Hate Eternal: 8.5/10
All Shall Perish: 5/10
Animosity: 4/10
Annotations Of An Autopsy: 3/10

I didn't stay for Job For A Cowboy.

Review/rant coming up. I'm pissed. :finger2:

mankvill
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Where to start? The Bottleneck was packed when I got there, and Annotations Of An Autopsy was already playing. They are the british version of Waking The Cadaver. Horrible. The crowd loved them, but 85% of the crowd were fucking asshole scene kids (Remember this, this will factor in to why i'm so pissed). After what seemed like a long time, Animosity came on. I'll admit that the musicianship was okay. There actually weren't a ton of breakdowns! But the vocalist is probably the worst I've ever heard. He was uncomfortably in the middle between high pitched and low growls and just did too much of BRIE BRIE (well, every band did that night except one [guess]). The crowd loved them. The crowd also crowd surfed a fuckton, which I kinda liked, but ended up causing some problems (remember this part as well, kiddies.) All Shall Perish actually is pretty talented on the guitars and stuff, but most of it was just by-the-books deathcore that is wholly forgettable. Hell, the genre is wholly forgettable. Hate Eternal came on and the sound for them SUCKED, but they made up and they slayed. Catacombs! :party: I left after that.

Here's why this concert sucked (besides the points I've already stated)

1. STOP CROWD SURFING TO GET ON STAGE THEN STAND THERE LIKE A DUMBFUCK TRYING TO SCREAM THE WORDS TO THE SONG WHEN THE SINGER OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WANT YOU THERE. THE STAGEHAND GUYS PUSHED YOUR FUCKING FAT ASS OFF, DO NOT GO BACK UP.

2. Crowd Surfers, if you hit the mic and it fucks up Erik Rutan's mic/solo/mouth, you're not fucking allowed to go back up there. Or at least pick a different way to go. Jesus Christ.

3. There are a handful of people I see at literally every metal show, no matter how big or small. One of these guys brings his kid to every one. That's fine and dandy, but he thinks because he has a five year old, that it permits him to go directly up to the front and have his kid act like a tard. He's a nice guy and I try and make sure the crowd doesn't hit the kid, but when a 5 fucking year old kid gets up there and plays air guitar with Erik Rutan, the shit has got to stop. Especially after the THIRD TIME.

4. You scene kids/deathcore fans are a bunch of fucking faggots. I was yelling the words to Catacombs and this faggot ass kid in front of me with a shaved head, gauges, plaid shirt (looked like he just came from a Converge gangbang) look backed at me and was laughing at me. So of course I get as close as I can and scream the words into his ear. This fucker just leans on the stage with his head in his hands, just waiting for Job For A Cowboy to get on. What a queer. Kind of a dick move on my part, but after Hate Eternal was done, I yelled "FUCK YOUR DEATHCORE BULLSHIT, HATE ETERNAL KICKS ASS". One kid next to me (wearing a JFAC shirt [unbelievable, right?]) kinda said aside something to the likes of "huhuhu you paid for the ticket so you're helping this deathcore bullshit" which I kindly replied with "WHO GIVES A SHIT, THEY'RE GAY" or maybe I said "faggot" again, I don't really remember. Fucking terrible crowd. As I left, everyone else leaving had on Morbid Angel, Immortal, Hate Eternal shirts on. All that was left were gauges, hardcore dancing, and girl pants.

Fucking faggots. :finger2:

I also fell because I got pushed into a pit during AAOAA and skinned my knee. :( :( :( pity me

JuuKun
11-22-2008, 08:23 AM
That's a pretty nice set. More than I expected on this tour. How long did they play for?

Atleast now I know I'm not the only one who's going to see Hate Eternal then getting the fuck out of there. Can't stand deathcore. Venue's less than 10 minutes from my house, though, so I see no reason not to be there.

300%_Density
11-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Gotta love those Lawrence/KC crowds... :mad: I feel your pain...

Maiden33
11-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry for all the bullshit. I'm not into this kind of music at all, but I've had variations of these stories from the shows I've gone to.

mankvill
11-22-2008, 11:22 AM
That's a pretty nice set. More than I expected on this tour. How long did they play for?

They actually played for a pretty good while, maybe an hour?

LoveInSlowMotion
11-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Fucking Scene kids man, fucking scene kids.

xStructualDefect
11-24-2008, 12:45 AM
i've been through this shit so much recently its fucking terrible. i cant stand deathcore bands and their fans. i live in LA so we have the worst type of deathcore kids. alot of them are wiggers, scenesters, and big brocore guys who think theyre tough. most of them only like the breakdowns. every deathcore band ive seen these deathcore faggots stand in the pit looking bored until a breakdown comes in so they can hxc dance.
ive seen this happen during whitechapel, emmure, suicide silence, acacia strain, bring me the horizon, born of osiris, beneath the massacre, after the burial, etc.

some of the bands decent but most of them are complete shit. i really cant wait for this deathcore trend to end. especially since deathcore bands keep opening up for bands i want to see so i gotta deal w/ these deathcore faggots.

immortalkz
11-25-2008, 08:37 AM
i hear you...Hate Eternal is one of my favorite acts to see live, i unfortunatly missed them when came by but i didnt feel too bad because i knew the kids would be more retarded than anything else. i hope Hate Eternal comes around again and headlines or at least supports a band that deserves to headline...

lakebod0m
11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
"which I kindly replied with "WHO GIVES A SHIT, THEY'RE GAY" or maybe I said "faggot" again, I don't really remember."

LOL.

Well atleast it was a bad ass Hate Eternal set. Hope your knee gets better.

JuuKun
11-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Sunday!!!:rocker:

BEHOLD JUDAS, BETRAYER!

JuuKun
11-29-2008, 01:08 PM
So much for me seeing Hate Eternal,
----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Nov 29, 2008 2:01 PM

Friday, November 28, 2008

Hate Eternal cancels tour.

Hate Eternal have been forced to drop off the ongoing Job For a Cowboy North American tour due an infection in Erik Rutan's hand and complications in his kidney. Erik was admitted to an Iowa City hospital on the early morning of Nov. 23rd and has remained under doctor's supervision since.

The infection has caused concern for the doctors, but the major concern of the doctor's is, Erik's kidney. Erik has had a couple of procedures done on his kidney. Erik will not be able to continue the tour, but he is expected to make a full recovery. He is expected to be released sometime next week and then will seek further treatment at home in Florida.

Hate Eternal would like thank to everyone on the tour for their understanding of the situation. Hate Eternal would also like to thank all the fans who have expressed concern for Erik's health.

vmetal52
12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
i was going to see hate eternal, but after seeing all the deathcore bands on the lineup i decided not to go. and from reading your review, i was kind of glad. i hope they just come back on a real death metal tour next time.

pantera1115
09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I know this was posted a while ago, but I feel the need to say that I feel your pain. I live in mass so here we have a big mix of every kinda kid you can think of, and I dont mind grindcore,(I like jfac,suicide silence, the acacia strain, and like 2 white chapel songs, why those bands I dont know but every thing else can die in that genre as far as im concerned) but when the people are such cocksuckers that their laughing at you for having a good time, and only doing their hxc bullshit,and get pissed when they get bumped in a pit,and I could keep going but theres a fucking prolbem:mad:. This shit has too stop, and again its not the music that bugs me its the fucking fags like that kid you said was laughing at you for enjoying your self during a band that wasnt to his liking :mad: the only reason I even saw this is because iv never seen hate eternal before and wanted to check out a setlist/review before I see em with hatebreed/cannibal corpse/unearth in december. But ya fuck those fags

Trivium/Chimaira/Dirge Within 11/4/09
Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth/Hate Eternal/Thy Will Be Done 12/19/09

JRA
09-30-2009, 08:46 PM
but when a 5 fucking year old kid gets up there and plays air guitar with Erik Rutan, the shit has got to stop. Especially after the THIRD TIME.

Honestly, that sounds the coolest thing ever. I would give that kid a high five.

mankvill
09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Honestly, that sounds the coolest thing ever. I would give that kid a high five.

No, he's a fag and his father/fat-ass friends who are at every show are complete toolbags who think that because they have a kid with them entitles them to front-row viewing/backstage passes.

edit: also: lol necro

xStructualDefect
09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
man fuck deathcore faggots. i like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and some All Shall Perish but the fans these bands attract are the biggest douchebags.

last month i saw Suicide Silence and like every deathcore in So Cal there's "KR3Ws" that are full of fucking hxc dancing wiggers. anyways the singer of SS tells the crowd to headbang crazy and start moshing. this skinny white wigger and his wigger friends laugh at everyone who is headbanging. so during the last song at the breakdown i am at the edge of the pit and the same skinny wigger faggot purposely hardcore dances and swings backwards at me and bunch of headbangers. after a few hits to the head i grab the guy's collar from behind and punched him as hard as i can 2 times in the back of the head. and tossed him across the pit which everyone saw him fall to the floor. after the show i see him rubbing the back of his head and looks at me then putting his head down when i look back.

what a fucking faggot. this guy acts hard the entire show along with his KR3W but as soon as he gets socked up he's a joke. these also guys had to be a few years older than me also since i'm only 18.

well there's my deathcore rant. i'm gonna see trivium tommorrow and if any whitechapel fan does some shit like this then i'm gonna step up and knock some faggots out. i'm fed up with these deathcore faggots thinking they are hard at every show they go to.

the chewbacca defense
10-01-2009, 12:43 AM
believe me i hate the deathcore fags as well.suffering through hours of shitty deathcore (well Oceano is cool) just to see Devildriver at Thrash and Burn was fucking torture. Esspecially during Emmure, thankfully i was on the rail, so i didn't have to deal with any wiggers trying to swing their arms and shit. Thankfully when Devildriver came on, alot of them had left, so there were actually real pits and headbangers

PROMETHERION
10-01-2009, 12:29 PM
3. There are a handful of people I see at literally every metal show, no matter how big or small. One of these guys brings his kid to every one. That's fine and dandy, but he thinks because he has a five year old, that it permits him to go directly up to the front and have his kid act like a tard. He's a nice guy and I try and make sure the crowd doesn't hit the kid, but when a 5 fucking year old kid gets up there and plays air guitar with Erik Rutan, the shit has got to stop. Especially after the THIRD TIME.

4. You scene kids/deathcore fans are a bunch of fucking faggots. I was yelling the words to Catacombs and this faggot ass kid in front of me with a shaved head, gauges, plaid shirt (looked like he just came from a Converge gangbang) look backed at me and was laughing at me. So of course I get as close as I can and scream the words into his ear. This fucker just leans on the stage with his head in his hands, just waiting for Job For A Cowboy to get on. What a queer. Kind of a dick move on my part, but after Hate Eternal was done, I yelled "FUCK YOUR DEATHCORE BULLSHIT, HATE ETERNAL KICKS ASS". One kid next to me (wearing a JFAC shirt [unbelievable, right?]) kinda said aside something to the likes of "huhuhu you paid for the ticket so you're helping this deathcore bullshit" which I kindly replied with "WHO GIVES A SHIT, THEY'RE GAY" or maybe I said "faggot" again, I don't really remember. Fucking terrible crowd. As I left, everyone else leaving had on Morbid Angel, Immortal, Hate Eternal shirts on. All that was left were gauges, hardcore dancing, and girl pants.

Fucking right man, Hate Eternal can kick any Deathcore band's ass anyday. I do like JFAC a little after seeing them at Mayhem, but you won't ever see me in a plaid shirt. Fuck kids, everytime i see some stupid adolescent kid at a show doing retarded things i wanna throw them head first into the fucking barricade. Stay fucking metal dude

licksandteeches
10-07-2009, 02:52 PM
look guys no death metal fan likes those scene fagots that show up to every metal show and swing their arms around like a queer, but if you let those kids ruin the show for you you're just as much of a fagot as they are. grow the fuck up and just enjoy yourself and let those kids be. well of course unless one of them catches you with a kick to the head or something, then you are obliged to kick his pussy ass.

xStructualDefect
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
look guys no death metal fan likes those scene fagots that show up to every metal show and swing their arms around like a queer, but if you let those kids ruin the show for you you're just as much of a fagot as they are. grow the fuck up and just enjoy yourself and let those kids be. well of course unless one of them catches you with a kick to the head or something, then you are obliged to kick his pussy ass.

i used to not care about these guys and try to not let them ruin my fun. but in So Cal it's the worse. we have hardcore dancing wigger crews that come to every show that has a well known deathcore band on the lineup. when it comes to people getting jumped and beaten after a show by a crew because someone in that crew got hit in the hardcore dance pit then that shit is fucking pathetic and needs to stop.

DethMaiden
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
This happened to me last night, bro! :lol: I'm glad totally normal, un-homophobic metal guys feel the same urges to yell "FAGGOT!" when people are acting like, well, faggots.

300%_Density
11-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Just saw JFAC w/ LOG last night and I felt compelled to agree as well.

jhdeity
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Did they really not play Fury Within?

mankvill
11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I love to see my scene-hating rant thread be necro'd forever!

It was a while ago, but I really doubt they played Fury Within. It has a distinct beginning, and I think I'd remember it.

They had the setlist written down on the snare drum (lol wut?) and I got a picture of that. Of course, they didn't play everything written down though.

bassmasta257
11-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Im going to see Hate Eternal + Cannibal Corpse next thursday (Alex Webster X2!!:blaze:). but also on the show is fuckin Born of Osiris, Hatebreed and Unearth (who i actually like). there is gonna be so much scene faggot hardcore bullshit its gonna suck, for the most part. im definatly taking out any faggots in the pit for the 2 true metal bands on the show, I HATE FUCKIN DEATHCORE:finger2: ughhhh i just wrote a whole fuckin rant on a different post. but WTF IS HAPPENING TO METAL!!:mad: that is a pretty badass set Hate Eternal is intense as hell.:rocker:

mankvill
11-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Im going to see Hate Eternal + Cannibal Corpse next thursday (Alex Webster X2!!:blaze:). but also on the show is fuckin Born of Osiris, Hatebreed and Unearth (who i actually like). there is gonna be so much scene faggot hardcore bullshit its gonna suck, for the most part. im definatly taking out any faggots in the pit for the 2 true metal bands on the show, I HATE FUCKIN DEATHCORE:finger2: ughhhh i just wrote a whole fuckin rant on a different post. but WTF IS HAPPENING TO METAL!!:mad: that is a pretty badass set Hate Eternal is intense as hell.:rocker:

There's pretty much no hope in showing deathcore fans the error of their ways. Just lol at how they don't do anything until the breakdown because they're faggot posers. Enjoy the show, all the bands on the bill put on killer performances. :)

edit: Oh, Alex doesn't play with Hate Eternal. :lol: That'd be fucking amazing, but he doesn't.

Oxblood666
11-30-2009, 09:48 PM
long live deathcore

idrinkwine732
11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it's starting to happen here when there aren't even real deathcore bands on the bill....

Fires Of Sedition
11-30-2009, 11:56 PM
long live deathcore

Will you please just die?

rjturtle9
12-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Will you please just die?

:lol: