PDA

View Full Version : In Flames -- Wheaton, MD -- November 20th, 1999

Derelict
11-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Yes, take note of the date. I had been looking through my house for this the last few weeks, finally found it today in a sock drawer. In Flames and Moonspell played a metalfest in Texas in November 1999 (November to Dismember, I believe), then did a short US tour together, a first for both. This was the last night of the tour, at a record shop / pub / coffee house in Wheaton, MD (suburban DC). Dillinger Escape Plan was one of the local openers.

Moonspell (in order)
Butterfly FX
Opium
Second Skin
Lustmord
Ruin and Misery
Angelizer
Alma Mater
I am the Eternal Spectator
Wolfshade/Werewolf Masquerade
Mephisto
Vampiria

In Flames (semi in order)
Star Wars theme (intro)
Embody the Invisible
Jotun
Gyroscope
Stand Ablaze
Clad In Shadows
Scorn
Colony
Insipid 2000
Zombie, Inc
Moonshield
Artefacts of the Black Rain (we had to beg for it)
Ordinary Story
----------
Behind Space
Episode 666

The first 3 and last 3 are in order. They didn't actually leave the stage for the encore, you had to go through the crowd to the stage, Anders said there was no way they could leave then make it back. It was the drummers birthday, so at one point during the set, they had a birthday cake brought out, and we all sang happy birthday. Right before the encore, I remember (somehow) the following exchange:

Anders "Ok, we are going to play two more songs"

Random Guy "Play TEN more songs!"

Anders "I don't think we have ten more songs"

And yes, this setlist is the reason I will never pay money to see this band again

HugeRockStar
11-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Fuck I wish I saw them back in that year, that setlist is amazing. First time I saw them live was 2002 so I missed out out on a lot of those older songs.

EchoesOfDecimation
11-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Fuck I wish I saw them back in that year, that setlist is amazing. First time I saw them live was 2002 so I missed out out on a lot of those older songs.

2002 is better than 2008

LoveInSlowMotion
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Fuck. Fucking Gyroscope? Motherfuck.

EDIT: BEHIND SPACE?! Goddamn, their current set is fucking terrible.

JuuKun
11-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Tomorrow, these setlists will be 9 years old. :D

But, oh my fuck...I'd love to see either of those setlists. Moonspell still puts out amazing setlists from what I've seen (Nothing to complain about, anyways, their Blackest of the Black set was just too short is all), but that In Flames set? Wow. That just puts what they play these days to shame.

Derelict
11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Tomorrow, these setlists will be 9 years old. :D

But, oh my fuck...I'd love to see either of those setlists. Moonspell still puts out amazing setlists from what I've seen (Nothing to complain about, anyways, their Blackest of the Black set was just too short is all), but that In Flames set? Wow. That just puts what they play these days to shame.

Damn dawg, now i feel really old! Can't believe I was at this show 9 years ago. The craziest part (IMO) is that dillinger escape plan was one of the locals

causeofdeath
11-19-2008, 05:58 PM
that set is amazing.

xStructualDefect
11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
what an amazing set. too bad im skipping it when they come to LA cuz im honestly not digging that current setlist. i really liked CC but i cant listen to ASOP, i find it bland.

also im seeing as i lay dying the night before and already have a lot of friends im going w/ and a ride. whereas in flames i have no ride, no one to go w/, and no money for it. oh well hopefully the set is better next time.

maidenpriest
11-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Omg...now i understand why older fans cant stand their sets...that is an AMAZING setlist. :( why couldnt i have been listening to IN Flames when i was 8...

Zeltar
11-19-2008, 08:21 PM
What the FUCK. That setlist is incredible. That's why I don't wanna see them live anymore, way too much new stuff. Man, if I were a fan of these guys when I was 6 years old...:rocker:

impropagation666
11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Anyone who's seen them lately, what's their merch like? Any old album cover shirts?

TMFQuinn
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I love Anders.People can talk all the shit they want, but Anders is the man.I love his on-stage banter.

I know it's not the same, but I figure I have bootlegs from way back when, so even if I wasn't there, I can still enjoy the tunes live.

TMFQuinn
11-19-2008, 09:48 PM
The shirts are similar to the new album covers and shit, but you can go to www.merchland.com and they sell shirts with the old albums covers.

sixhundredand66
11-20-2008, 08:09 AM
that in flames setlist is unfair. this was probably around the time when i first got into in flames.

Enigma Lake
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
What the FUCK. That setlist is incredible. That's why I don't wanna see them live anymore, way too much new stuff. Man, if I were a fan of these guys when I was 6 years old...:rocker:

Always a good laugh seeing these pre-19 year olds think they know metal :tp:

JuuKun
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM

I really, really hate generalizations like that. I'm 16. What does age have to do with anything?

SomewhereInTime72
11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Well guess what, I'm 19, so I do know metal.

Derelict
11-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm 28, so my knowledge of metal is infinite, apparently

causeofdeath
11-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Fuck. Fucking Gyroscope? Motherfuck.

EDIT: BEHIND SPACE?! Goddamn, their current set is fucking terrible.

they played that when i saw them in april.

Enigma Lake
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I really, really hate generalizations like that. I'm 16. What does age have to do with anything?

And your post sounded it

Enigma Lake
11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm 28, so my knowledge of metal is infinite, apparently

As is mine... :tongue:

Enigma Lake
11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Well guess what, I'm 19, so I do know metal.

Yep :rocker: :tp:

JuuKun
11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
And your post sounded it

You've still failed to address what age has to do with whether or not someone knows metal.

Enigma Lake
11-20-2008, 05:55 PM
You've still failed to address what age has to do with whether or not someone knows metal.

Of course it doesn't HAVE to do anything with it
...it more was poking fun at your age and the immaturity of your post.
I hope this doesn't have to go back and forth explaining...
Just imagine a six year old telling you what sucks and what doesn't in the metal world. You'd roll your eyes too... :D

impropagation666
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm just wondering what they're selling since I'm seeing them tomorrow night. That Whoracle shirt really, really looks good...

Clayman01
11-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Heck, I'm 35 so I must be a Metal Guru :)

I'm not really sure what "knowing metal" means, but I know I've certainly experienced more than a 16 year old and I've got a greater understanding of how the metal scene has developed and progressed throughout the years. I've been listening to metal since 1987. Before I even graduated High School I had seen Sepultura w/ Max, Slayer, Anthrax, DRI, Nuclear Assualt, Kreator, Napalm Death, Death, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Sacred Reich, Ministry, Biohazard, Cro-Mags, Overkill, Helmet among many others.

I'm certainly not a metal expert, and music is all about what you like anyway. I do find it amusing though going to shows and standing next to kid who could literally be MY kid :D

Anyway, that In Flames set is pretty sweet...and I'm still psyched to see them next Friday! :rocker:

It's going to be mint!

Zeltar
11-22-2008, 12:48 PM

You're fucking joking right? No seriously, are you kidding me?

Sinfulsot
11-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Heck, I'm 35 so I must be a Metal Guru

I'm not really sure what "knowing metal" means, but I know I've certainly experienced more than a 16 year old and I've got a greater understanding of how the metal scene has developed and progressed throughout the years. I've been listening to metal since 1987. Before I even graduated High School I had seen Sepultura w/ Max, Slayer, Anthrax, DRI, Nuclear Assualt, Kreator, Napalm Death, Death, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Sacred Reich, Ministry, Biohazard, Cro-Mags, Overkill, Helmet among many others.

I'm certainly not a metal expert, and music is all about what you like anyway. I do find it amusing though going to shows and standing next to kid who could literally be MY kid

Anyway, that In Flames set is pretty sweet...and I'm still psyched to see them next Friday!

It's going to be mint!

Yeah!!!

Always a good laugh seeing these pre-19 year olds think they know metal

Enigma Lake, have you recently aged out of pre-19 yr olds? or has it been a while? if so, you better get to wastin' what's left of your youth...

Enigma Lake
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
You're fucking joking right? No seriously, are you kidding me?

I was kind of kidding
bad mood that day
Honestly I don't care
Hate New In Flames all you 16 year olds...go for it if it makes you feel better

Enigma Lake
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah!!!

Enigma Lake, have you recently aged out of pre-19 yr olds? or has it been a while? if so, you better get to wastin' what's left of your youth...

I am...
Time Machine